Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

XBox question

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: XBox question
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »
Found this interesting....

The company says it sold more than 960,000 consoles in the U.S. during the week of Black Friday, of which more than 800,000 were sold within a period of 24 hours, according to internal sales data. Additionally, more than 750,000 Kinect for Xbox 360 sensors were sold in the U.S. – standalone and bundled.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 12:36:17 PM »

The company says it sold more than 960,000 consoles in the U.S. during the week of Black Friday, of which more than 800,000 were sold within a period of 24 hours, according to internal sales data. Additionally, more than 750,000 Kinect for Xbox 360 sensors were sold in the U.S. – standalone and bundled.

Buh Bye PS3....thanks for playing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 12:45:08 PM »
What it comes down to is reliable online play versus unreliable.  XBox wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »
What it comes down to is reliable online play versus unreliable.  XBox wins.

That's one of the MANY battles they win against Sony. The whole hacking acct numbers thing isn't too cool either. Probably a feature that Sony should have left off the PS3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 02:20:17 PM »

So that's why my order is still "In Process"...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »
So that's why my order is still "In Process"...

nah. 
They make the smallest dick having motherfuckers wait the longest on purpose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 03:16:10 PM »
Should I go HDMI or the shitty A/V cable they gave me? Even though it's for my wife I might have to pick up a few manly games for it myself...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 03:17:18 PM »
Should I go HDMI or the shitty A/V cable they gave me? Even though it's for my wife I might have to pick up a few manly games for it myself...

Drop the 30 bucks for the HDMI.  Ton of difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 03:20:59 PM »

The A/V cables are high definition, technically.  They display at 480p.  The HDMI cable simply allows you to display at 720p and 1080p.

If your eyesight's bad, then you won't notice much of a difference.  Even with good eyesight, the difference is noticeable, but not vagina-wettening awesome.

720p and 1080p are most noticeably different from 480p when watching sports, but you'll notice some difference while playing games as well.  It's basically up to you, but I just wouldn't go into it expecting any extreme difference.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:38:26 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 03:23:22 PM »
The A/V cables are high definition, technically.  They display at 420p.  The HDMI cable simply allows you to display at 720p and 1080p.

If your eyesight's bad, then you won't notice much of a difference.  Even with good eyesight, the difference is noticeable, but not vagina-wettening awesome.

720p and 1080p are most noticeably different from 420p when watching sports, but you'll notice some difference while playing games as well.  It's basically up to you, but I just wouldn't go into it expecting any extreme difference.

Don't you have some LED light bulbs to install?

He's right.  If you are Mr McGoo you will not notice a difference. 

You will see a big difference.  I went from the shitty 420p cable to the other about three years ago and the difference was night and day on COD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 03:45:45 PM »
Thank's I thought HDMI would be the choice just wanted a few opinions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »
Thank's I thought HDMI would be the choice just wanted a few opinions.

Are you currently using the red, green, and blue component cables, or just the yellow cable?  The (second) red and white cables are for audio...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »
Are you currently using the red, green, and blue component cables, or just the yellow cable?  The (second) red and white cables are for audio...

Neither yet.  it's not hooked up yet.  it's for his wife.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2011, 04:18:14 PM »
Neither yet.  it's not hooked up yet.  it's for his wife.

Trent Richardson reads gooder than me.

Go ahead and get the HDMI.  If you already had an Xbox hooked up and were using the yellow cable, I was going to tell you to try out the red, green, and blue cables.  The yellow cable is a standard connection, whereas the red, green, and blue will give you low-level, 480p HD.  You'd probably be satisfied with the 480p, but if you simply just want to get the most out of it, then get the HDMI cable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2011, 04:23:43 PM »
I have shitty vision and I can notice the difference between the 480p and the HDMI cables...especially in COD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Jumbo

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 04:26:45 PM »
Just opened the box, was asking because the 3rd HDMI port on the tv's in the front. I'm not going to be a big fan of looking at the fucking cable sticking out the front of the TV.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 04:37:55 PM »
People's testimony can be misleading for a variety of reasons.  Person A says 1080 is not much different than 720.  Person A doesn't realize that he has 1080i, and due to the nature of how interlaced signals are displayed, his "actual" resolution as the human eye sees it is the equivalent of 720p.

Person A says 480p is the same as 720p (or 720p vs. 1080p); Person B says, "FUCK YOU! I noticed a major difference."  Neither person realizes that the distance at which you watch television, as well as the size of the television, makes a huge difference in whether you can discern the HD quality changes in each.  Being further back from the TV, you'll notice less of a difference in HD between 480p, 720p, and 1080p, generally speaking.  Sitting closer to the TV results in a person noticing more of the HD difference, again, depending on the size of the TV and exactly how "close" the viewer is.  Most studies show that, for your average sized flat panel TV in your average sized family room, most people sit too far away from the TV to realistically be able to notice the difference between 720p and 1080p.

There are too many variables that go into the differences between the three HD signals (including the capabilities of your TV, type of TV, what device is sending what type of signal to the TV, etc.) to simply state that one is clearly better than the other.  But, just to simplify things, they have made three basic categories for HD, and tout that the higher the number, the better the picture.

Generally true, yes, but a variety of things that you do or don't do will affect how "mother fucking awesome holy shit balls!" the difference is.

Like I said, go into the purchase expecting a slight change, because if you buy the cable thinking that it will definitely be a "night and day" difference, or otherwise will bring you to a sexual climax of epic proportions, then you may very well disappoint yourself.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:55:55 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 05:05:35 PM »
nah. 
They make the smallest dick having motherfuckers wait the longest on purpose.

Dammit...fuck those bastar...wait! :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2011, 04:09:48 PM »
vagina-wettening awesome.
What would you know about this? You suck cock. Remember?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2011, 06:30:10 PM »
What would you know about this? You suck cock. Remember?

Sometimes cock has vaginal residue on it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions