Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What "Right to Vote"?

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: What "Right to Vote"?
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
VV, if it wasn't Debbie Wasserman Slutz, I would probably agree with this, but most who have followed her through the years and know her ideology can probably see GarMan's point. She is one fed loving, totalitarian bitch. If Joe Lieberman or Jim DeMint had said it (2 guys who I think are generally regarded as pragmatic), I might see your argument more.

Regardless of who it is, the Supreme Court's wording in the Bush v. Gore opinion supports her statement.  I'm not supporting the woman's political stances or anything she stands for; I'm merely pointing out that a right to vote does exist, and that right to vote is currently vested in eligible citizens who participate in statewide elections.

Should the states decide to change their constitutions so that not every eligible citizen can vote, then they will no longer be afforded that federal constitutional right.  But, as it stands now, they do, so stating that "there is no right to vote" and that it isn't fundamental is incorrect according to the Supreme Court and the Constitution.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 03:37:09 PM »
All of this summarized?  There is no federal constitutional right to vote unless states choose a statewide election.  When they choose a statewide election, a federal constitutional right to vote exists.  This right, once in existence, is fundamental in nature due to the fact that it is federally protected by the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution. 

Games, games, games...  I've already shown how you were incorrect.  There is no Constitutional right to vote that is fundamental and the foundation for all other civil rights and liberties.  The following statement is completely inaccurate. 

Quote from: Debbie Wasserman Schultz
In the United States, the right to vote is fundamental — the foundation for all other civil rights and liberties.

Every aspect of the above statement is incorrect.  End of story... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GarMan

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 03:41:56 PM »
Cupcake eh?

Why dont you 2 just go fuck each other, have cigars afterwards and get it over with.

CumCatcher...  CupCake...  He knows his place. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Vandy Vol

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 12:40:48 AM »

Hopefully you can afford the tuition, because it's clearly much needed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GarMan

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 04:51:29 PM »
There is no express federal right to vote, correct.

Done...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 06:50:46 PM »
...unless and until the states choose a statewide election.  Even then it's not express, but implied rights can exist.  And the Supreme Court has indicated that it is indeed a federal right once the states choose a statewide election.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 09:36:46 AM »
SOOOOO....I take it you 2 fucked this weekend. How was it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 09:41:45 AM »
If so, then Garman came up a little short (literally)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »

Everything I had hoped it would be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »
Everything I had hoped it would be.

You left your panties in my back seat, SugarDumpling...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 12:54:15 PM »
You left your panties in my back seat, SugarDumpling...

I was wondering where my silk tiger print thong went...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
I was wondering where my silk tiger print thong went...

Beta males....always leaving their panties behind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 01:06:42 PM »
Beta males....always leaving their panties behind.

True dat...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions