Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Homeland

Ogre

Re: Homeland
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2017, 12:42:58 PM »
I quit watching about 3 episodes after they killed Brodie.  That's where the show went off the rails, IMO.  I just can't take Carrie for all the reasons mentioned above. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2017, 12:58:14 PM »
I quit watching about 3 episodes after they killed Brodie.  That's where the show went off the rails, IMO.  I just can't take Carrie for all the reasons mentioned above.

I'd fuck her, but only when she was OFF her med's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2018, 11:22:52 PM »
Keep going back to this well. 

I cannot think of a single show where I hated the lead character as much as I do Carrie.  I loathe her. But I keep giving it a chance and I really don't know why.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2018, 01:37:38 PM »
Keep going back to this well. 

I cannot think of a single show where I hated the lead character as much as I do Carrie.  I loathe her. But I keep giving it a chance and I really don't know why.

Because you are waiting for the bucket of blood to fall and then everybody gets burned alive?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »
Because you are waiting for the bucket of blood to fall and then everybody gets burned alive?

They're all gonna' laugh at you.  They're all gonna' laugh at you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2018, 07:20:16 AM »
I lost interest in this show after Brodie died.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2018, 09:20:50 AM »
If this show wants to continue, it needs to kill Carrie off.  Her hysterics while being (for years) the only person who knows what's going on has grown unrealistic and ridiculous.  She really should have died three seasons ago so the show could explore Quinn's arc without turning him into just another bumbling pawn in Carrie's chaos.  

I hate Carrie.  It stretches the bounds of credulity when she has these breakdowns, hysterical freakouts and manic episodes yet still finds herself in the midst of some of the most sensitive and critical issues facing the nation -- and is allowed to operate in that realm.  

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:26:20 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2018, 11:46:45 PM »
As much as I'm loathe to do so, I'm going to briefly review the season finale.  

The show was good. The political machinations were intriguing and all of performances reasonably well-inhabited --  although I do hate the pinched face of Elizabeth Keene and there is no way that squinty smirk would ever have been elected president.  Beau (or Luke or Uncle Jesse one of them) Bridges gave a powerful turn as the vice president and his motivations were never clear -- until they were.  Mandy is his usual solid self.  The Russian bad guy had gravitas. Jack McCoy's Law and Order underling acquitted himself well as the president's advisor.  

But as has been the case for too many seasons, each of those compelling characters was diminished when they had to interact with Carrie.  Thankfully she had little to do in the finale other than run around, look like stinky ass and offer sex for something she wanted (yet again).  

Sadly this season ends once again with a "Carrie has gone insane" moment that was so horribly overacted by Claire Danes as Carrie that it bordered on something you'd see in a silent movie from the 30s.  Her bug-eyed bad acting in the show's last ten seconds took a show that was rocking along at a solid 8 or 9 and dropped it to a six.  It was pathetic. 

The show is substantially better off without Carrie, her mental problems, her weeping overacting, her stupid disposable kid, her gross misuse of her limited sexuality and her penchant for being the only person in the universe who understands what's going on.  When it forgets about Carrie's weak ass for a minute and works with Saul, his technical and field teams, the political moving and shaking that keeps the intelligence community in turmoil and the life and death tensions of playing both sides against each other?  It's a quality show and well worth watching.  When it's forced to deal with Carrie's trumped up insanity or her "who gives a purple turd" child custody issues?  It completely loses its way.  The entire season was like that.  Every time she was on the screen (typically on the verge of some emotional breakdown with her lip quivering and her eyes tearing up) she dragged the show down. 

Season 8 is said to be the last.  That's a shame because if it could jettison the baggage of Carrie Mathison, this series could evolve and grow to be one of the best political dramas of the time.  
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:52:48 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions