Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Homeland

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Homeland
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »
Just got around the watching the season finally, I have enjoyed the show as it kind of mirrored what has been going on. To me the ending was fucking weak at best.  At no time is any vehicle going to get that close to that many dignitaries in one location. No CIA agent or contractor is going to get away with the shit Carrie gets away with. I’ll watch next season cause I am hooked.

Everybody has to send me $100.00 for every episode Carrie cry’s in.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2012, 03:04:46 PM »
Just got around the watching the season finally, I have enjoyed the show as it kind of mirrored what has been going on. To me the ending was fucking weak at best.  At no time is any vehicle going to get that close to that many dignitaries in one location. No CIA agent or contractor is going to get away with the shit Carrie gets away with. I’ll watch next season cause I am hooked.

Everybody has to send me $100.00 for every episode Carrie cry’s in.   

I still say ending the first season with Brodie setting that bomb off would have been fantabulous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2012, 03:09:26 PM »
I still say ending the first season with Brodie setting that bomb off would have been fantabulous.

Bomb making materials    $500.00

Watching that many politicans blow up          Priceless. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 01:59:45 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »
Dissappointed with the finale on this one.

However, the Burn Notice finale was the tits!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 10:29:01 AM »
Dissappointed with the finale on this one.

However, the Burn Notice finale was the tits!

Why?  Just wondering. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 10:40:31 AM »
Why?  Just wondering.

The whole thing was very slow. The bomb at the end was a good way to carry over to next year, but the rest of the episode sucked.

Also, Carry drawing the gun on Brodie, and then immediately helping him. It just seems weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2013, 10:50:14 AM »
The whole thing was very slow. The bomb at the end was a good way to carry over to next year, but the rest of the episode sucked.

Also, Carry drawing the gun on Brodie, and then immediately helping him. It just seems weird.

Yeah, I agree with that assessment.  I was gonna be pissed until the bomb.  I think they made it slow to try to throw off the fact that they were going to kill a shit ton of people in the final moments of the show. 

And I get the Carrie thing. 

I guess judging the entirety of the show, I see your point.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2013, 05:44:15 PM »
I'm just now figuring out that Saul is Inigo Montoya...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2013, 01:18:56 AM »
VERY disappointing opening for season three. Noticed that Clare Danes is now executive producer.  Kiss. Of. Death.

Was really bored by it, hated Saul's hair, didn't find a single story thread I was interested in following.  It will have to get better quickly or end up on the scrap heap of shows that started extremely well but had no idea where to go after the first season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2013, 10:39:05 PM »
VERY disappointing opening for season three. Noticed that Clare Danes is now executive producer.  Kiss. Of. Death.

Was really bored by it, hated Saul's hair, didn't find a single story thread I was interested in following.  It will have to get better quickly or end up on the scrap heap of shows that started extremely well but had no idea where to go after the first season.

Agreed. Daughter storyline already bothers me, as does her new bf. Who gives a shit?  Dude smokes a kid, seemed like they wanted that to be important, but why?  Not blowing up the administration (and killing Brodie) to end the first season seems like a mistake now.  I'll watch just to see, but very disappointed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2013, 09:26:21 PM »
Wow.

I'm 15 minutes in to the second episode and this once awesome show is nearly completely unwatchable.

Moping Brody daughter is a turd storyline. I can't imagine anyone caring about that at all.

Crazy face Carrie is shockingly bad.  She is completely overplaying the part. Even Saul -- an actor I like a lot - is flailing around with a crappy script. 

If this continues I will turn this lunacy off before this episode ends. 

It's terrible. Awful. Horrendous.

I want to beat the crap out of hysteria, freak out Carrie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »
Homeland is dead.  Show has faded so badly it's not worth watching at all. 

I've come to absolutely detest Carrie. I find myself wishing she will be shot, tortured, stabbed, gassed, anything to rid the show of her.

Season two was sort of stupid and contrived.  This season was just a muddle of dead story threads.  Glad it's over, hope it doesn't come back. 

I'm out.  Season four, if there is one, can go on without me.  And not because of the characters who died after the stupidest storyline imaginable, but because of the ones who lived.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2013, 11:10:36 PM »
Wouldn't have killed the series.  Could have made it better, actually. 

Carrie vindicated.  Saul vindicated.

Estes could have been in the bathroom and injured, not killed.

Walker still out there.  Other parts of Abu's plan still in motion. 

Country in political turmoil and shocked fury.  Changes in American attitudes, suspicious of all middle easterners, calls for roundups and WWII style camps to keep tabs on them.  Changes to immigration and travel policy.

Would have had Jess grieving and Mike coming back into the picture (yay, more tits!), the kids dealing with the dad they didn't know and how the public would trash them.  They'd be pariahs. 

Yeah, you lose Brody.  But I think the series could actually have been stronger without him and the Carrie/Brody romantic angle.

I just read my own post from two years ago and realized how freaking astute I obviously am. I had the thin pegged. By not killing Brody as originally planned, the show spun out of control and became a crappy a Lifetime movie.  Too late to salvage now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2013, 11:49:31 PM »
I just read my own post from two years ago and realized how freaking astute I obviously am. I had the thin pegged. By not killing Brody as originally planned, the show spun out of control and became a crappy a Lifetime movie.  Too late to salvage now.

Agreed. If they were gonna kill him anyway, him blowing up the entire administration would have been a thing of beauty.

I don't see the point in a season 4.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2015, 01:43:15 PM »
Sometimes you can pull the crap out of the fire and make it work.

The current season of Homeland has pulled away from the whole Carrie needs to take her meds and fuck somebody random dud storylines and instead focused on intrigue in the Middle East. 

Doesn't even really need Carrie and her facial grimaces any longer.  She's stil there but she's a part of the story and not THE story. 

Yeah some of the plot points are contrived and even silly. But it's tighter and more realistic than it has been in a while.  I actually look forward to watching it now. Don't watch it live like I used to but do watch the recorded version. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:37:58 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »
Well....

Homeland is back to passionate "I'm about to go into hysterics or cry at every single line" Carrie.  I'm back to wanting her character to be murdered. 

Trauma addled Quinn is stupid. 

I enjoy the interplay between Saul and the administration, but I'm sick of outraged Carrie and wish that part of the show would just be eliminated.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2017, 10:45:52 AM »
Well....

Homeland is back to passionate "I'm about to go into hysterics or cry at every single line" Carrie.  I'm back to wanting her character to be murdered. 

Trauma addled Quinn is stupid. 

I enjoy the interplay between Saul and the administration, but I'm sick of outraged Carrie and wish that part of the show would just be eliminated.

I watched the first show of this season and could tell it was going to be the " we don't understand the motherfuckers that want to blow us up" type of season. Frees up an hour on Sunday night to watch something else. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2017, 11:10:15 AM »
I watched the first show of this season and could tell it was going to be the " we don't understand the motherfuckers that want to blow us up" type of season. Frees up an hour on Sunday night to watch something else.

Agreed.  It's morphed somehow into a "these Islamics are so misunderstood and we Americans are such evil twats" that it is offending me. 

And this? 

I've had enough of this to last me a lifetime.  The fact that she's being portrayed as the only one who "gets it" is pathetic. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2017, 11:26:36 AM »
Agreed.  It's morphed somehow into a "these Islamics are so misunderstood and we Americans are such evil twats" that it is offending me. 

And this? 

I've had enough of this to last me a lifetime.  The fact that she's being portrayed as the only one who "gets it" is pathetic.

I've wondered if she gets paid per tear she sheds?  She would be one rich bitch if so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions