Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hotel info

Hotel info
« on: November 10, 2011, 04:48:08 PM »
     I'm passing thru Auburn next week, anybody stayed at the Quality Inn where 280 hits I85?  Traveling with my dog, and the other hotels there that allow them want to charge pretty outlandish pet fees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

Re: Hotel info
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 05:34:38 PM »
I wouldn't stay there. That entire exit 62 is pretty trashy.

I'd try to find something at exit 58 or 51.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 06:44:59 PM »

Yeah. Cause dogs prefer the five stars.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »

I don't care if it's a little run down and doesn't have cookies on the pillow at night or free drinks at happy hour, I just need it to be fairly clean and not have a lot of bugs,  the dog will keep me up all night chasing them.  Last time we traveled that way we stayed in a place outside Montgomery.  I think something had died in the room under the bed, the dog spent all night trying to dig under the bed to get to it.
     How about the Microtel at exit 51?  Typically I'd stay in a Hampton or Holiday Inn Express, but they want an extra $50 for the pup on top of the $100 price.   Trying to get by a little cheaper since I'm just stopping for the night.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:23:06 PM by Hogwally »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 07:51:33 PM »
     I don't care if it's a little run down and doesn't have cookies on the pillow at night or free drinks at happy hour, I just need it to be fairly clean and not have a lot of bugs,  the dog will keep me up all night chasing them.  Last time we traveled that way we stayed in a place outside Montgomery.  I think something had died in the room under the bed, the dog spent all night trying to dig under the bed to get to it.
     How about the Microtel at exit 51?  Typically I'd stay in a Hampton or Holiday Inn Express, but they want an extra $50 for the pup on top of the $100 price.   Trying to get by a little cheaper since I'm just stopping for the night.

The Microtel would be a lot better imo. It's a much newer hotel.

I don't need a lot of nice stuff either but I do like it to be quiet and clean. All the hotels at 51 and 58 are...the ones off 62 have weird people hanging around the outside. Not my style.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 08:20:39 PM »

I don't need a lot of nice stuff either but I do like it to be quiet and clean. All the hotels at 51 and 58 are...the ones off 62 have weird people hanging around the outside. Not my style.

OK, thanks.  I'm driving from S. Florida to Arkansas next week, and that's a little better than half way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 08:36:14 PM »

That's because 62 is technically in Opelika. No thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 12:10:45 AM »
     OK, thanks.  I'm driving from S. Florida to Arkansas next week, and that's a little better than half way.

not sure why none of the x 'rs isn't offering a bed for the night...you know like good ol' uncle sani.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 04:05:31 AM »
Hogwally is legit....this guy knows how to party!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 07:27:34 AM »
Fucker knows he's welcome at my place anytime.  Atlanta is a little out of the way if you are making that drive though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 08:45:19 AM »
Fucker knows he's welcome at my place anytime.  Atlanta is a little out of the way if you are making that drive though.

Actually I may give that some thought.  Mr. Google says it's not as far out of the way as I thought it was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »
     Actually I may give that some thought.  Mr. Google says it's not as far out of the way as I thought it was.

Just let me know. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."