Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The End of an Era: Paterno is Finished

Re: The End of an Era: Paterno is Finished
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »
I get that.  And if you asked him today he would probably say he failed to do what he should because he tried to do what was best for everybody. 

I also get that he did what he thought he was supposed to do.  Prime directive?  Protect Penn State.  It meant everything to him.  Still does.

Did his effort to protect what mattered to him most blow up in his ancient face?  Yeah. 

But crucifying him when there are DOZENS of other people who knew and did even less than Paterno? 

Fuck that.

Whoa wait one second.  Is anyone letting the "dozens" off?  They're going to get what they deserve.

What people don't want to see is Paterno get away with not doing everything he could to protect children when he had a reasonable suspicion of Sandusky's behavior.  People are vocal because they know how the good ole boy system works.  Paterno means a lot to the reputation of Penn State, and it would be real easy to let him off the hook because of his worth to the lucrative football program.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »
If were up to me, I'd have McQueary on the line in front of the firing squad also.  And honestly, I'm not certain that you don't need to be standing next to them.

So you're saying that in every instance but this one, people always run straight to the police regardless of what the scandal might do to their school, their friends, their program, their organization?

Right. That's what happens every time. 

I'm not saying it's right.   I'm only saying it is what it is.   What PSU did is what every fucking bureaucracy in the country does when confronted with potentially damning allegations.  It does its best to bury it and hopes it never rears back up. 

I believe you just made an online threat.  This is a first reporter state.  I'm obligated to tell the WWW on you.  I'm calling the Internet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 02:57:54 PM »
Kaos, you can type all of the bullshit you'd like.  The state of Pennsylvania has mandatory reporter laws that were adopted in 1996.  Joe Paterno, as an employee of that university, is a mandatory reporter and is required by law to report what he was told to a law enforcement agency.  Fuck what his contract says.

A. I hear that it's going to be iffy trying to prosecute these high level college admin folks under the mandatory reporting law, as it would be Joe.  It's not like they're HS classroom teachers.  And, I don't know the law in PA, just saying what I've heard.  That said, as I understand it, his only legal obligation, if he had one at all, was to report it to his supervisor.  Moral obligation is another thing entirely, and a huge fail on his part.

B. Nobody, and I mean nobody was going to fire Paterno for contractual shit if he'd reported child molestation to the police.  Can you imagine the headline: "Paterno Fired: broke his contract by reporting child sex abuse outside chain of command". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »
Whoa wait one second.  Is anyone letting the "dozens" off?  They're going to get what they deserve.

What people don't want to see is Paterno get away with not doing everything he could to protect children when he had a reasonable suspicion of Sandusky's behavior.  People are vocal because they know how the good ole boy system works.  Paterno means a lot to the reputation of Penn State, and it would be real easy to let him off the hook because of his worth to the lucrative football program.

All I'm saying is Paterno and the rest handled this situation like every other executive board in the country -- from Exxon to Apple to the board of directors at (gasp!) Notre Dame -- would have.   

Crucifying Joe serves no purpose. 

Could he have done something different?  Sure. 

Should he have done something different?  Given hindsight, maybe so.  But we don't know what he knew.  We don't know what was said behind closed doors where decisions are made.

Are the choices he made worthy of him being dragged through the streets and burned at the stake?   Not to me. 

I'm done with this.  It's tiring.  Continue with the pitchforks, torches, hysteria and hypocrisy.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 03:06:32 PM »
So you're saying that in every instance but this one, people always run straight to the police regardless of what the scandal might do to their school, their friends, their program, their organization?

Right. That's what happens every time. 

I'm not saying it's right.   I'm only saying it is what it is.   What PSU did is what every fucking bureaucracy in the country does when confronted with potentially damning allegations.  It does its best to bury it and hopes it never rears back up. 

I believe you just made an online threat.  This is a first reporter state.  I'm obligated to tell the WWW on you.  I'm calling the Internet.

It doesn't matter how often it actually gets reported, that isn't an argument or defense.  I don't know why you're trying to take the argument there, but it's not going to work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 03:07:33 PM »
All I'm saying is Paterno and the rest handled this situation like every other executive board in the country -- from Exxon to Apple to the board of directors at (gasp!) Notre Dame -- would have.   

Should he have done something different?  Given hindsight, maybe so.  But we don't know what he knew.  We don't know what was said behind closed doors where decisions are made.

Are the choices he made worthy of him being dragged through the streets and burned at the stake?   Not to me. 

I'm done with this.  It's tiring.  Continue with the pitchforks, torches, hysteria and hypocrisy.

So you're only ok with the cover up because you believe everyone else would have covered it up also?  Perfect sense, that is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »

Really? Are you leaving the board again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2011, 03:34:04 PM »
I get that.  And if you asked him today he would probably say he failed to do what he should because he tried to do what was best for everybody. 

I also get that he did what he thought he was supposed to do.  Prime directive?  Protect Penn State.  It meant everything to him.  Still does.

Go to the police?  Seriously?  Last resort.  It's public then and even if he is the one who physically reports it, the stain will last forever. He knows that. 

Did his effort to protect what mattered to him most blow up in his ancient face?  Yeah. 

But crucifying him when there are DOZENS of other people who knew and did even less than Paterno? 

Fuck that.
I know you'll just deflect and avoid this question saying it's moot, because that's your M.O., but,

Would you feel the same way about Paterno if it were your child that was raped?

I'll answer it for you, no.  You would probably want to shoot and kill him.  So stop baiting and starting arguments just to start them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2011, 03:34:23 PM »
Really? Are you leaving the board again?

No just your house. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2011, 03:37:36 PM »
I know you'll just deflect and avoid this question saying it's moot, because that's your M.O., but,

Would you feel the same way about Paterno if it were your child that was raped?

I'll answer it for you, no.  You would probably want to shoot and kill him.  So stop baiting and starting arguments just to start them.

Paterno didn't rape my child.

I would want Sandusky's nuts in a box.   

You don't know anything about my M.O. 

I don't agree with the rush to crucify Joe in this case.  I don't see that it was necessary to fire him.  It didn't change anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2011, 03:40:12 PM »

Tell me what you'd do with them.  Details.  With or without the old man scrodal sack? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2011, 03:46:27 PM »
So you're only ok with the cover up because you believe everyone else would have covered it up also?  Perfect sense, that is.

You're joining the hysterical fray and making it into something it's not. 

I'm not convinced there was some huge conspiriatorial coverup that went on for decades.  More likely it came up once, maybe twice people hoped it would be forgotten about, assumed it would be handled by people who handle that kind of thing and then they moved on and didn't spend a lot of time dwelling on it. 

Paterno did the minimum he was supposed to do.  Didn't want anything else to do with it.  Walked away. 

Maybe he could have done more.  Maybe he should have.  Just saying he's not the first and won't be the last to push something unsavory and potentially explosive off his plate and leave it to others. 

Dont' think I'm really even saying he shouldn't have to deal with some consequences for not doing more.  Not really convinced he should, but maybe. 

The hysterical lynch mob is where I draw my line.   I've been in too many bureaucratic situations where rugs are made lumpy to put a stake through the guy's heart for this.  He followed protocol. 

Oh the morality!!  Pfffttttt.  We all turn a blind eye to a lot of shit. 

Did JR call the DHR in Ft. Walton when he saw diaper baby with drunk mom?  Did I call the DHR when I saw some blank-eyed whore carrying a nearly naked baby hanging from her open tit at the fair and it was 58 degrees?   I probably should have.   Did I? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »
Paterno didn't rape my child.

You don't know anything about my M.O. 

I don't agree with the rush to crucify Joe in this case.  I don't see that it was necessary to fire him.  It didn't change anything.

Sandusky in jail won't change anything either.

This isn't about a coverup of some assistant with an alcohol/drug problem. 

This isn't about some guy getting inside information that helped get a government contract.

Hell, this isn't even about an 30 year old man having sex with a 16 year old girl.

This is about at 60 year old man ass raping children.  Joe knew something "of a sexual nature" was happening and still let the guy in the athletic complex.  It's one thing if he didn't want to go to the cops, why was he still letting the guy around?  The assistant coach that witnessed what happened, why wasn't he out complaining after seeing the guy around?  Because of his career?  HE WAS ASS FUCKING 10 YEAR OLDS!!!!!   FUCK HIS CAREER!!!!!    FUCK JOE PA'S LEGACY!!!!!!     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2011, 03:48:58 PM »
You're joining the hysterical fray and making it into something it's not. 

I'm not convinced there was some huge conspiriatorial coverup that went on for decades.  More likely it came up once, maybe twice people hoped it would be forgotten about, assumed it would be handled by people who handle that kind of thing and then they moved on and didn't spend a lot of time dwelling on it.    See my prior post regarding the ass raping, it's a little different than banging the secretary.

Paterno did the minimum he was supposed to do.  Didn't want anything else to do with it.  Walked away.  If one of your employees did the minimum he was supposed to do to keep your customers happy how long would they hang around?

Maybe he could have done more.  Maybe he should have.  Just saying he's not the first and won't be the last to push something unsavory and potentially explosive off his plate and leave it to others. 

Dont' think I'm really even saying he shouldn't have to deal with some consequences for not doing more.  Not really convinced he should, but maybe. 

The hysterical lynch mob is where I draw my line.   I've been in too many bureaucratic situations where rugs are made lumpy to put a stake through the guy's heart for this.  He followed protocol. 

Oh the morality!!  Pfffttttt.  We all turn a blind eye to a lot of shitake. 

Did JR call the DHR in Ft. Walton when he saw diaper baby with drunk mom?  Did I call the DHR when I saw some blank-eyed whore carrying a nearly naked baby hanging from her open tit at the fair and it was 58 degrees?   I probably should have.   Did I?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2011, 03:52:02 PM »
Tell me what you'd do with them.  Details.  With or without the old man scrodal sack?

Nothing creative. 

I'd just do to them what I used to do to model cars when I was having my wind-up Evel jump rows of them. 

I'd fill the cars with M80s, pour a little gas over the top and make me a gas trail about 10 yards out.  I'd get on one end and rev up Evel and have my brother light the trail.  If I timed it right, Evel would be sailing over the cars as they blew to bits and a fireball hit the sky.  He'd come through singed with the white suit melted to his legs.   Started looking pretty rough. 

So with Sandusky, I'd just fill the box with m80s and run the gas.  No Evel.  Although it might be fun to have Evel jump him about the same time his nuts disentegrated. 

Anybody know where I can find one of these?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2011, 03:52:34 PM »

Yes, yes I did.  It was the only right thing to do, right after I got drunk and went whoring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »
Sandusky in jail won't change anything either.

This isn't about a coverup of some assistant with an alcohol/drug problem. 

This isn't about some guy getting inside information that helped get a government contract.

Hell, this isn't even about an 30 year old man having sex with a 16 year old girl.

This is about at 60 year old man ass raping children.  Joe knew something "of a sexual nature" was happening and still let the guy in the athletic complex.  It's one thing if he didn't want to go to the cops, why was he still letting the guy around?  The assistant coach that witnessed what happened, why wasn't he out complaining after seeing the guy around?  Because of his career?  HE WAS ASS FUCKING 10 YEAR OLDS!!!!!   FUCK HIS CAREER!!!!!    FUCK JOE PA'S LEGACY!!!!!!   
For that matter, they let him keep an office at the athletic complex, and gave him full access to the program. He retired by title only, really.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2011, 03:56:30 PM »

First, we don't know if Paterno was actually aware ass raping occurred.  Shenanigans is all he's said he was aware of.  Could have been an accident.  Really friendly guy, just horsing around, shit gets touched.  Sorry!  We were wrestling, I'm a coach, everybody showers naked and horses around, it's a guy thing.  Damn, Joe, you really think I had my hand on his dick?  You're a sick old fuck. 

Second?  We're not talking about performance reviews or something people do every day.  I seriously doubt Joe had to deal with employees behaving in a sexually inappropriate manner on a consistent basis so there's no learning opportunities.  An employee who is doing the minimum?  Most days I'd take it since you spend more time dealing with the ones who can't see minumum with a telescope.  Thirteen pieces of flair. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2011, 03:59:56 PM »
Paterno did the minimum he was supposed to do.  Didn't want anything else to do with it.  Walked away. 
If I'm a coach, and I have a suspicion that an assistant coach is fucking little boys in the locker room, I'm sorry, but I think I would do a little more than the "minimum" that I were supposed to do, and then walk away. Especially after somebody on my staff witnessed it. I think that's what everybody is upset about. He made a halfass attempt at reporting it, and was complacent when he saw that it wasn't going to go anywhere. He wanted to make sure his ass was covered in reporting it, and was just fine when it was swept under the rug. He sure as hell didn't want that scandal to tarnish his image, and thought it had been laid to rest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2011, 04:03:17 PM »
First, we don't know if Paterno was actually aware ass raping occurred.  Shenanigans is all he's said he was aware of.  Could have been an accident.  Really friendly guy, just horsing around, shit gets touched.  Sorry!  We were wrestling, I'm a coach, everybody showers naked and horses around, it's a guy thing.  Damn, Joe, you really think I had my hand on his dick?  You're a sick old fuck. 
Dude, the GA said that he flat out saw him having the boy up against the wall in the shower and fucking him in the ass. That's a far cry from "Yeah, well you know I didn't really see exactly what happened, they might have just been horsing around, his hand slipped". Far far cry from it.

Are you absolutely positive you read the whole thing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions