Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn To Honor Sullivan At Samford Game

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Auburn To Honor Sullivan At Samford Game
« on: November 09, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/11/auburn_will_honor_heisman_winn.html
Auburn will honor Heisman winner Pat Sullivan when he brings Samford to Jordan-Hare Stadium
Published: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 11:45 AM     Updated: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 11:56 AM
Charles Goldberg/Auburn Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn will use its homecoming game against Samford to honor one of its Heisman Trophy winners.

The Tigers will honor Pat Sullivan before he sends his Samford Bulldogs against Auburn at 11:35 a.m. a week from Saturday. The ceremony will be 25 minutes before kickoff in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Sullivan won Auburn's first Heisman Trophy 40 years ago.

"Obviously, this is very humbling," Sullivan said in a statement. "I really appreciate (Auburn AD) Jay (Jacobs) inviting my teammates back, because I know I won the award because of their help. I'll also look forward to having our Samford team there and to them being able to share in it. It doesn't seem like it has been 40 years, but I appreciate all of the kindness that everybody has shown me. I will also really appreciate Jean and our kids and grandkids being there and being part of it."

Sullivan, Bo Jackson and Cam Newton will all be honored, likely in the spring, when Auburn unveils statues of its three Heisman Trophy winners.

Sullivan passed for 2,012 yards and 20 touchdowns in 1971 as Auburn finished 9-2 and ended the season ranked 12th nationally.

Sullivan finished his career with 6,284 passing yards, 53 touchdowns and an NCAA-record 71 touchdowns responsible for. Sullivan is a member of the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, the National Football Foundation Hall of Fame and the College Football Hall of Fame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Auburn To Honor Sullivan At Samford Game
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 02:16:39 PM »
We appreciate all that you have done for the University, Pat.  Here's a plaque.  Now let the ass kicking commence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 03:24:31 PM »
Woulb be cool if Terry B. was there and caught a over the shoulder pass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 03:41:35 PM »
Woulb be cool if Terry B. was there and caught a over the shoulder pass.

Terry B couldn't catch his breath if his head was turned toward his shoulder these days.  He's not well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."