Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anyone Following This Penn St Scandal?

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Anyone Following This Penn St Scandal?
« Reply #200 on: June 22, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »
**sigh**

Interesting ruling today.  The judge has ruled that NO reports are to be made about the verdict until the court has officially adjourned.  No one will be allowed to leave the courtroom, windows will be closed, no electronic devices, sheriff deputies at the door, and if someone posts the verdict prior to the official adjournment time noted in the court record, that reporter and the organization they work for will be sanctioned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2012, 05:47:37 PM »
What did the fat bammer chick say to Sandusky on the beach?

Roll Tahd?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2012, 06:08:50 PM »
What did the fat bammer chick say to Sandusky on the beach?
Either a) "Stick it in my blow hole before they try to push me back in the water.", or b) nothing - because Sandusky liked the little boys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »
Guilty on forty five counts.  Justice.

Rot in hell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2012, 10:48:20 PM »
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:49:58 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2012, 10:49:17 PM »
Either a) "Stick it in my blow hole before they try to push me back in the water.", or b) nothing - because Sandusky liked the little boys.

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2012, 12:30:52 AM »
I wonder what that perv was thinking, as he walked out of his house tonight, knowing it would be the very last time he ever sat foot in it. The last time he ever interacted with his family without three inch plate glass between them.  The last time he wore real clothes, did anything in private, ate real food.

I hope he was afraid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2012, 02:57:54 AM »
I wonder what that perv was thinking, as he walked out of his house tonight, knowing it would be the very last time he ever sat foot in it. The last time he ever interacted with his family without three inch plate glass between them.  The last time he wore real clothes, did anything in private, ate real food.

I hope he was afraid.
If he wasn't afraid as he was walking out of the Court House...he will be when he walks into the prison grounds. Child Molesters don't last long in prison, neither do former Police Officers/State Troopers (I really hope updyke gets sent to a Maximum Facility in Texas, I'm sure there are some prisoners that might remember him as the State Trooper that put them there).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:01:19 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2012, 01:17:51 PM »
If he wasn't afraid as he was walking out of the Court House...he will be when he walks into the prison grounds. Child Molesters don't last long in prison, neither do former Police Officers/State Troopers (I really hope updyke gets sent to a Maximum Facility in Texas, I'm sure there are some prisoners that might remember him as the State Trooper that put them there).

How would they do that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2012, 01:55:20 PM »
How would they do that?

You put him on an airplane with Ving Rhames, Nic Cage, and John Malkovich, and the worst security in the world and fly him there.  Duh.

Unless you were talking about legally, then it probably won't happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #210 on: June 23, 2012, 02:29:17 PM »
How would they do that?

Because he is high a risk inmate. I think he ends up in an institution for the criminally insane.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »
Because he is high a risk inmate. I think he ends up in an institution for the criminally insane.

Highly doubtful.  He's "crazy" but not legally insane IMHO.  If Updyke is convicted, he goes to prison. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2012, 07:21:04 AM »

Governor William J. Le Petomane could probably arrange it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2012, 07:51:34 AM »
Governor William J. Le Petomane could probably arrange it.

We'll work up a Number 6 on 'em. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2012, 08:12:37 AM »
We'll work up a Number 6 on 'em.

You spare the women?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »
You spare the women?
No we rape the shit outta of them
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2012, 09:31:57 AM »
The biggest victim in all this? Well...you know...not the biggest victim...maybe in a literal sense...

http://www.baltimoremagazine.net/chatter/2012/06/baltimores-gerry-sandusky-is-hopeful

June 26th, 2012 - 1:18 pm
Baltimore's Gerry Sandusky is hopeful
By Suzanne Loudermilk

Gerry SanduskyNow that the Jerry with a "J" Sandusky trial has ended, WBAL sportscaster Gerry with a "G" Sandusky thinks the name shame may be almost over for him. He is no relation to the former Penn State coach.

In a MediaBistro FishbowlDC report yesterday, he said, "That name that sounds like mine is attached to a heinous crime. In another month, some other story will be much bigger than this."

It's about time. Our managing editor Max Weiss first blogged about Gerry "not THAT guy" Sandusky's awful name coincidence last November. He's been dealing with the infamy since then.

Gerry recently tweeted, "I really do appreciate those of you who have helped me inform the world of the powerful difference between the letter G and the letter J."

But he's still proud of his surname, he told FishbowlDC: "When I say my name, I think of my mom and my dad and how much I love them."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #217 on: July 12, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
thats gonna leave a mark....
Paterno empowered a predator
By Gene Wojciechowski
ESPN.com

Joe lied. It's that simple. And that heartbreaking.

Joe Paterno, who for so many decades represented all that was good and honorable in college athletics, lied. Through his teeth.

According to the 267-page Freeh report, Paterno lied -- to a grand jury, no less -- about his knowledge of a 1998 sexual assault of a young boy (Victim 6) by longtime Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky in a football facility shower.

His lies and, worse yet, his silence from the time of that first reported assault in 1998 helped empower a sexual predator for the next 13 years. Paterno did nothing to stop Sandusky. He was, said former FBI director Louis Freeh, who wrote the report, "an integral part of this active decision to conceal."

Paterno despised weakness in his players, yet he was the one who took part in and, it can be reasonably argued, helped orchestrate a comprehensive cover-up by university president Graham Spanier, athletic director Tim Curley and school vice president Gary Schultz.

"The facts are the facts," Freeh said.

And the facts, as uncovered and determined by more than 430 interviews and 3.5 million pieces of examined emails and documentation, detail a "total disregard for the safety and welfare of Sandusky's child victims by the most senior leaders at Penn State."

Paterno was one of those leaders. In many ways, he was the leader of Penn State, both symbolically and in terms of real-time power. Asked if Paterno had the ability to stop a "culture of concealment," Freeh said, "I think it's a very strong and reasonable inference that he could have done so if he wished."
Instead, he lied. And by doing so, Paterno betrayed himself, his legacy, his university and, most of all, the children who were victims of Sandusky's serial pedophilia.

May 13, 1998, 2:21 p.m. Curley emailed Schultz 10 days after Victim 6 was assaulted by Sandusky in the shower.

"Anything new in this department? Coach is anxious to know where it stands."

Coach Joe Paterno.

Jan. 12, 2011. Paterno testifies before the grand jury.

Question to Paterno: "Other than the [2001] incident that Mike McQueary reported to you, do you know in any way, through rumor, direct knowledge or any other fashion, of any other inappropriate sexual conduct by Jerry Sandusky with young boys?"

Paterno: "I do not know of anything else that Jerry would be involved in of that nature, no. I do not know of it. You did mention -- I think you said something about a rumor. It may have been discussed in my presence, something else about somebody. I don't know. I don't remember, and I could not honestly say I heard a rumor."

Paterno knew. Spanier knew. Curley knew. Schultz knew.

Now we know.

The Paterno family insists that the all-time winningest coach in major college football history was deceived and fooled by Sandusky, that JoePa had a blind spot that lasted from 1998 to 2011.
"To think, however, that [Paterno] would have protected Jerry Sandusky to avoid bad publicity is simply not realistic," said the family in its Thursday statement.

Really? Why not? Because the Paternos say so?

Paterno could have spoken out in 1998, but didn't. He could have spoken out in 2001, but didn't. Whatever his motives, he did nothing or, in the case of the 2001 assault incident witnessed by McQueary, he did the absolute minimum.

If anything, it's unrealistic to think that the most powerful person on campus -- Paterno -- wasn't aware, on some level, of Sandusky's behavior, or that there was much to be lost if the situation reached critical mass.

"To his credit," said Freeh in his introductory remarks, "Mr. Paterno stated on Nov. 9, 2011, 'With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more.'"

More? How about anything? According to the report, Spanier, Schultz, Curley and Paterno never alerted the school's board of trustees about the 1998 incident and investigation.

"None of them even spoke to Sandusky about his conduct," the report said. "In short, nothing was done and Sandusky was allowed to continue with impunity."

Or to put it less discreetly, he was allowed to continue to rape young boys.

Added the report: "None of these four men took any responsible action after [the] February 2001 [incident] ... "

Paterno died nearly seven months ago and can't defend himself. But those emails, the grand jury testimony, the facts uncovered by the Freeh report speak for him. And they say that Paterno was a man undone by, of all things, an inability to do the right thing.

He is not a scapegoat. The Freeh report was critical of the entire Penn State hierarchy, from Paterno, to Spanier, to Curley, to Schultz, to the trustees, to even the football facility janitors who were terrified of being fired if they reported what they saw Sandusky do to young boys.

He was not a victim. The real victims had designated numbers at Sandusky's trial. But Paterno was an enabler.

"It's a person with a terrific legacy, a great legacy," Freeh said, "who brought huge value not just to the university but to the program. He, as someone once said, made perhaps the worst mistake of his life. But we're not singling him out."

Penn State's leaders, most notably Paterno, failed their constituency. When strength was needed, they were weak. When action was required, they were cowards.

At the moment, I couldn't care less if Penn State removes the Paterno statue at Beaver Stadium, or if the school decides to shut down its football program, or if the NCAA decides to impose its own penalties.
All I can think of are those children who lost their innocence to the evilness of Sandusky.
And that Joe lied.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2012, 04:48:54 PM »
Came in late and didn't feel like reading this whole thread. What's going on at Penn State?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #219 on: July 12, 2012, 04:56:01 PM »
thats gonna leave a mark....

That entire Freeh report was unreal. Penn State is done for a while.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE