Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Football Player With Muscular Dystrophy Scored a Touchdown in His Wheelchair

http://kegsneggsblog.com/2011/11/02/video-trent-glaze-scores-touchdown-in-his-wheelchair/

Video: Trent Glaze Scores a Touchdown in His Wheelchair
By Adam Kramer   Nov. 02, 2011

Although the story below is not college football related, and it doesn’t involve any snark (shocking, I know), it was simply too touching not to pass along. It does involve football, however, in the most incredible way possible.

Trent Glaze has muscular dystrophy. He’s never had the opportunity to play football because of the obvious physical limitations that come with this disease, but that hasn’t stopped him from following the game oh so close regardless.

His passion for the game eventually led Tom McCurdy – the head coach at Fairfield Union high school in Ohio – to name him team captain. Last week, his presence within the team went one unbelievable step further.

On Friday, when Fairfield’s playoff game against Teay Valley High had ended, both teams stayed on the field for one last play. Trent came onto the field in his wheelchair and full pads and took the handoff for a touchdown.

The display of sportsmanship from both teams truly is something incredible. And really, this goes well beyond just sportsmanship between two teams and shows a group of wonderful people doing something truly remarkable. This moment, which words really can’t do justice, you should watch for yourself.

Remember, you can always blame “allergies” after watching this, gentlemen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Is it wrong that I would have sent the safety on a blitz into the gap and stuffed the play at the three?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

noxin

Shouldn't make fun of the kid -- I heard he rolled his ankle and will have to sit the rest of the year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Is it wrong that I would have sent the safety on a blitz into the gap and stuffed the play at the three?

YES!
YES IT IS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Can you carry a football and an iron lung at the same time?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
YES!
YES IT IS!

You're right.  I probably should just send the linebackers and leave the safety back in case it was a fake. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Shane sez yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master

As long as there is a Marlboro in one hand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!

Don't know, but you can damn sure carry jealousy in an iron lung. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Shane sez yes.

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
You're right.  I probably should just send the linebackers and leave the safety back in case it was a fake.

*snicker*

I would say I was going to hell for laughing at some of these post, but pretty sure that was decided long before that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

I would say I was going to hell for laughing at some of these post, but pretty sure that was decided long before that.

All our friends will be there anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
*snicker*

I'll keep a spot warm for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Prayers sent.

:bc:  :jesus:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
I bet that guy is tough to cover on the wheel route
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

I saw this while eating lunch today.  First thing out of my mouth was, "I wish a linebacker would have blown that guy up at the 3 yard line". 

I was expecting laughs, because it was funny to me.  The 3 people I was eating with didn't say a word for about 10 seconds, then one called me an asshole. 

But I knew yall could appreciate it. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:54:20 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
I bet that guy is tough to cover on the wheel route

This is full frontal win.  Bravo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
I saw this while eating lunch today.  First thing out of my mouth was, "I wish a linebacker would have blown that guy up at the 3 yard line". 

I was expecting laughs, because it was funny to me.  The 3 people I was eating with didn't say a word for about 10 seconds, then one called me an asshole. 

:kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master

You eat lunch with dumbasses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
You eat lunch with dumbasses.

He's drinkin' Dunkin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions