Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Richt is a stern dicsiplinarian

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Richt is a stern dicsiplinarian
« on: November 01, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »
I wonder what the chances of these guys getting suspended if they weren't playing New Mexico State. It's kind of convenient huh??

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7178202/georgia-bulldogs-suspend-three-running-backs-one-game

Georgia running backs Isaiah Crowell, Carlton Thomas and Ken Malcome are suspended for the Bulldogs' game against New Mexico State on Saturday, coach Mark Richt confirmed.

Richt would not discuss the reason behind the suspensions, only that a violation of team rules occurred. "They didn't do things the Georgia way," he said.

More on Georgia

DawgNation Everything Georgia, from recruiting to news to game coverage, is available at ESPN.com's DawgNation.
More: • ESPN.com Recruiting coverage
• ESPN.com's SEC blog

But a source told DawgNation that the three players were disciplined for failing a drug test that was administered last week before Georgia's 24-20 victory over Southeastern Conference archrival Florida in Jacksonville.

The source had no knowledge of when the test results were known.

Crowell, a true freshman who had 18 carries for 81 yards against Florida, is the team's leading rusher and ranks fifth in the SEC with 689 yards on 146 carries.

Thomas, a junior who is listed second on the depth chart, is the Bulldogs' third-leading rusher, with 200 yards on 44 carries. He carried only four times for two yards against Florida.

Malcome, a redshirt freshman who considered leaving the team earlier this season over a lack of playing time, has appeared in only one game. He had one carry for no gain against Coastal Carolina.

Three suspensions at the same position will leave Georgia incredibly thin. Moreover, second-leading rusher Richard Samuel (240 yards on 73 carries), who had a season-high 58 yards against the Gators, suffered an ankle injury on the final play of the game. Samuel had surgery Tuesday to repair the damage and will be out for four weeks, Richt said.

The next running back on the depth chart is redshirt sophomore Brandon Harton, who had 11 carries for 33 yards against Coastal Carolina in his only action this season.

When asked whether Harton would be the starter, Richt said, "I don't know about that. We'll kind of see how it goes, but everybody else who resembles a running back will be competing."

Cornerbacks Brandon Boykin and Branden Smith, both of whom have made appearances on offense in the past, could figure into the mix, Richt said, but New Mexico State's pass-heavy offense might limit their availability.

"Those guys will probably be on the field every single snap defensively, so we're going to need them to be fresh there," Richt said. "I don't know if there will be a huge difference in the amount of reps that they would get, but every week we spend time with them and have things ready to go.

"Sometimes we call them, sometimes we call a certain percentage of them. We may end up calling more of them in this game possibly."

Fullbacks Zander Ogletree and Bruce Figgins have yet to carry the ball this season and the remaining running backs on Georgia's roster are all walk-ons including Wes Van Dyk, who rushed once for one yard against Coastal Carolina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Richt is a stern dicsiplinarian
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »
That dang Richt is a task master.  Runs a tight ship.  Cracks the whip, I tell ya'.

You'd better do things the "Georgia way" or you can forget the NMSU game, Mister.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »
That dang Richt is a task master.  Runs a tight ship.  Cracks the whip, I tell ya'.

You'd better do things the "Georgia way" or you can forget the NMSU game, Mister.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

chinook

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 04:30:23 PM »
.... or you can forget the NMSU game, Mister.

they do have a stout OL and DL full of aztecas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 04:32:20 PM »
"the Georgia way"

I snickered. Sounds like that's exactly the way they did it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 04:37:56 PM »

I always knew there was something not right about that Richt fella'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 05:29:28 PM »
I was about to post the same damn thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 08:52:52 PM »
"the Georgia way"

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 10:24:52 PM »
"the Georgia way"

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Token

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 10:29:46 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 10:45:44 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 10:46:13 PM »
"the Georgia way"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 10:59:42 PM »
I have a feeling that I've gotten deja vu before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »
Kwerstion:  Is anybody hearing that Crowell may be done?  A lot of speculation on that this morning on our local talk show and the host was saying he had an article about it he was going to get to later.  Never heard it.  I have a hard time believing task master Richt would kick him to the curb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions