Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

One of Many Reasons Why I'll Never Move Back to New Orleans

Re: One of Many Reasons Why I'll Never Move Back to New Orleans
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 05:29:53 PM »
I get what you're saying, but "probably"?

When you look at how many people are in the quarter on any given day, especially on an event like Halloween, you're probably statistically more likely to get shot to death in Omaha, Nebraska.

Did a lot of going out in Lakeview and Five Points in my days in Birmingham and never once felt threatened at all. Same here. Of course, I pretty much never go to the quarter, and I'd probably change my thoughts on it had I been at one of these shootings last night.

I get your point of "you're probably not going to get shot in New Orleans," but you could use a better example that Omaha, NE. The actual city of Omaha has a higher population that the actual city of New Orleans and Omaha has a lower violent crime rate and overall crime rate. You probably aren't going to get mugged and murdered in New Orleans unless you somehow wander over into the 9th ward. Any grown man that decides not to  travel to a city based on isolated incidents and bloated media reports should be lambasted for being such a pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 06:02:13 PM »
I get your point of "you're probably not going to get shot in New Orleans," but you could use a better example that Omaha, NE. The actual city of Omaha has a higher population that the actual city of New Orleans and Omaha has a lower violent crime rate and overall crime rate. You probably aren't going to get mugged and murdered in New Orleans unless you somehow wander over into the 9th ward. Any grown man that decides not to  travel to a city based on isolated incidents and bloated media reports should be lambasted for being such a pussy.

I don't know, I've heard Tuscaloosa is full of inbred, toothless hillbillies and gets hit with tornadoes weekly.  Please don't lambaste me.  Last time I got lambasted I woke up with a sore starfish and VV kept sending me text messages saying that I might should go to the public health office.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 08:51:04 PM »
I don't know, I've heard Tuscaloosa is full of inbred, toothless hillbillies and gets hit with tornadoes weekly.  Please don't lambaste me.  Last time I got lambasted I woke up with a sore starfish and VV kept sending me text messages saying that I might should go to the public health office.

You wouldn't respond...I'm just trying to look out for the health of your butthole...that sweet, sweet butthole...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 10:35:56 AM »
You wouldn't respond...I'm just trying to look out for the health of your butthole...that sweet, sweet butthole...

Okay, I just threw up in my mouth a little
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 12:34:03 PM »
Okay, I just threw up in my mouth a little

We all did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 01:19:34 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 06:32:31 PM »
Turns out the guy that got killed on Bourbon was the actual target, and it's highly unlikely it was just over some random smudged pumas. The "victim" had a long criminal record himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions