Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gun control

Token

Gun control
« on: November 01, 2011, 11:28:26 PM »
http://www.wyff4.com/r/29638219/detail.html

Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves

SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. -- The Spartanburg County Sheriff is known for speaking his mind, and at a news conference on Monday, he didn't hold back his anger and frustration after a woman was attacked in a park over the weekend.

Investigators said 46-year-old Walter Lance grabbed a woman who was walking her dog in Milliken Park on Sunday afternoon. They said Lance choked the woman, made her take off her clothing and tried to rape her. (Full Story)

Lance is in custody and was denied bond on Monday.

Sheriff Chuck Wright opened his news conference by saying, "Our form of justice is not making it."

He said, "Carry a concealed weapon. That'll fix it."

Wright said Lance had been charged numerous times with crimes against women, and other crimes such as resisting arrest and escape. Wright said Lance had been on probation for a federal gun charge.

He referred to Lance repeatedly as an "animal," and expressed his disgust about Lance's long record and the attack.

Wright said Lance has had more than 20 charges dating back to 1983.

Wright said Lance has been in jail more often than he has, and he runs the jail, and he said Lance gets out easier. Wright punctuated it by saying, "And I'm aggravated."

He said he doesn't believe every person needs to be kept in jail, but he said, "I don't think this animal deserves to be out in our society, walking alongside our women."

Wright said,"Liberals call me and tell me the chain-gang form of justice isn't working. Well, let me inform you, your form of justice isn't working either."

He said Lance should not have had the right or opportunity to "violate a good, upstanding woman."

"This is a horrific crime," Wright said. "Her life was threatened so many times."

He said Lance "doesn't fight police or men folk -- he just goes after women." He said Lance is not married because, "No woman can stay married to him because he beats them down too much."

Wright said, "It's too bad someone with a concealed weapons permit didn't walk by. That would fix it." He said people are tired of doing the right thing and criminals getting away with their actions.

He said several times, "I want you to get a concealed weapons permit."

At one point, Wright held up a fanny pack and said, "They make this right here where you can conceal a small pistol in them. They got one called The Judge that shoots a .45 or a .410 shell. You ain't got to be accurate; you just have to get close."

Wright said, "I'm tired of looking at victims saying, 'There's life after this' … I'm tired of saying, 'We're sorry, we can't keep them in jail.'"

Wright said in his view, gun control is, "Is when you can get you barrel back on the target quick. That’s gun control."

Wright said the attack is not the fault of Millken Park. He said, "It's a nice place for families."

He said officers patrol the area all the time and respond to various calls there. He said, "Don't blame anyone for having an animal on their property … We can't get it all."

He encouraged women to walk in groups, and he ended by saying again, "I want you to get a concealed weapons permit. Don't get Mace. Get a firearm."

And then he said, "I think I better stop before I get sanctioned."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Gun control
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:33:37 PM »
I decided today that I'm going to purchase a gun.  Maybe a few. 

A friend of mine was robbed at 4pm in front of her house.  Two masked gunmen pointed a gun at her mother's head and told her she was going to breath her last. 

If her dad didn't come running out with a pistol of his own, who knows what would have happened? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 12:19:59 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 12:26:14 AM »
I decided today that I'm going to purchase a gun.  Maybe a few. 

A friend of mine was robbed at 4pm in front of her house.  Two masked gunmen pointed a gun at her mother's head and told her she was going to breath her last. 

If her dad didn't come running out with a pistol of his own, who knows what would have happened?

Mossberg 500 12ga.  Two reasons why I recommend it and how it was explained to me.

How good of a shot are you with a pistol?  How good of a shot do you think you would be, when being woke up at 2AM from your sleep and when the adrenaline is running?  How good can you point in the general direction of someone with a scattergun in the same situation?

I am a pretty damn good  shot with my .45 and my .38.  I don't think I could hit the broad side of a barn in the situation as above.  Now with a 12ga, hell yeah I can.  Also, reason #2.  If someone broke in your house at night, imagine how bad they would shit when hearing the sound of a shell going into the chamber as you pump one in there.  More than likely, they would say "fuck it" and go to the next house.

Doesn't solve the issue if you were away from it and outside, but for home protection, it's the way to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 01:14:22 AM »
I was robbed and gun point, I didn't own a gun until the day after. I won my wife over with this, if we never have to use the guns great but that one time we need them could save our life. Just remember the Glock will never let you down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 07:20:18 AM »
Gun control

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 07:32:42 AM »
There's no way I could ever actually shoot someone.  Even if I did pull the trigger, my nerves would have me bouncing all over the place.

But a masked man with a gun told this guy's wife that they were going to kill her while they had a gun pointed at her head.  It may have just been intimidation.  Who knows? 

But I do know that when her husband came out with a gun pointed at them, they left.  That's what I want. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 07:36:29 AM »
There's no way I could ever actually shoot someone.  Even if I did pull the trigger, my nerves would have me bouncing all over the place.

But a masked man with a gun told this guy's wife that they were going to kill her while they had a gun pointed at her head.  It may have just been intimidation.  Who knows? 

But I do know that when her husband came out with a gun pointed at them, they left.  That's what I want.

I would advise against anyone getting a gun unless they are mentally ready to pull the trigger.  If you are not willing to shoot someone whom you pull the gun on, it will be used against you.  Best for you to get a Easton baseball bat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 07:49:09 AM »
I would advise against anyone getting a gun unless they are mentally ready to pull the trigger.  If you are not willing to shoot someone whom you pull the gun on, it will be used against you.  Best for you to get a Easton baseball bat. KA-BAR
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 08:20:17 AM »
He might hurt himself with one of those.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 08:24:13 AM »
He might hurt himself with one of those.

With a Jaaaaaaab...  Followed by a slaaaaaashhhhh....  Aaaaaaaaaa-tack!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 08:27:03 AM »
With a Jaaaaaaab...  Followed by a slaaaaaashhhhh....  Aaaaaaaaaa-tack!

Best I could ever determine is if you only had a k-bar left you had a better chance of throwing it at your enemy and hoping to hit them in the head with the handle.

I carried a Randall fighting knife.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 08:29:09 AM »
I would advise against anyone getting a gun unless they are mentally ready to pull the trigger.  If you are not willing to shoot someone whom you pull the gun on, it will be used against you.  Best for you to get a Easton baseball bat.

This. 

If you don't have the willingness to take the life of the man holding you at gunpoint, you are better off remaining an unarmed victim.  The chances of you being murdered during an armed robbery are low.  Most armed robbers are bitches who are just lazy, not murderers.  But you point a gun at them?  You'll be lucky if you aren't a statistic in the 10pm news. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 08:55:16 AM »
This. 

If you don't have the willingness to take the life of the man holding you at gunpoint, you are better off remaining an unarmed victim.  The chances of you being murdered during an armed robbery are low.  Most armed robbers are bitches who are just lazy, not murderers.  But you point a gun at them?  You'll be lucky if you aren't a statistic in the 10pm news.

Don't....CAN'T understand the mindset of not being ready, willing and able to protect one's self or family from a potential deadly assault. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 09:29:57 AM »
I was robbed and gun point, I didn't own a gun until the day after. I won my wife over with this, if we never have to use the guns great but that one time we need them could save our life. Just remember the Glock will never let you down.
I love my little Glock 26 (9mm). Both the 23 and 26 are great for concealed carry. I carry mine in a inside pants holster. I can't convince my wife to carry anything, not even a taser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
I love my little Glock 26 (9mm). Both the 23 and 26 are great for concealed carry. I carry mine in a inside pants holster. I can't convince my wife to carry anything, not even a taser.

Snaggle convinced his wife to carry his balls around for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 10:08:38 AM »
I hear she has them in a nice little display in her purse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 10:09:48 AM »

*snicker*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 11:06:46 AM »
I keep a Norinco Tokarav nine with me in the truck. I can hit a paper plate at 25 yrds. It ani't pretty, but it works. It eats up hardball ammo but will not work well with anything else. It is also fun to shoot with corrosive ammo. As soon as I am finished, I break it down and scrub it with soapy water. Then I oil it up again.

My favorite carry is a Taurus PT-911. stainless slide aluminum frame in DA/SA. I have not allowed myself to get a SA only pistol yet. I grew up having a hammer and just like it that way.

In the house I keep a Taurus PT99(copy of Beretta M9). It is well worn but shoots well and holds like 17 rounds. It stays in a pistol safe under the bed. I can reach under and punch in a code and the door pops open.

I tried to get the wife to carry something, but she has arthritis and cannot pull the trigger/hammer on many guns. I finally come across the Ruger Bearcat. It is a small western style .22. Not a lot of stopping power, but she is not afraid to shoot it and can pull the hammer back. It is a six shot revolver, so if something goes wrong, she can pull the hammer back again and get a new round. The gun store kept warning me that a .22 was not big enough. I informed him that she could carry any size gun, but if she could not pull the hammer/trigger, what good would it do? If a "perp" (for you lawyers) sees a gun and does not stop, the loud bang of the .22 going off should work. If not, the little .22 bullet can get inside the body, bounce around and do a lot of damage.

Images above are for reference only and look nothing like anything I have ever seen or touched before. The above information is all lies. Please feel free to break in at any time and see for yourself.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:10:07 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
For the house I have a Remington 870 12gauge.  For rogue deer I have a Remington 7400 in .30/06.  For any birds that attack I have a Beretta 391.  I take care of rabid squirrels with a Savage Mark 2. 

I don't carry because I work on federal property and really don't need the hassle of getting fired after a random search.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.