Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TROOPS COMING HOME

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
TROOPS COMING HOME
« on: October 21, 2011, 04:40:59 PM »
Obama just announced all troops out of Iraq by the end of 2011.  I don't give a damn what the political reasoning.  Long overdue and time to get our men and women out of there and stop pumping billions into that effort.  And yes, one of my wife's brothers is over there for his second tour.  Damn good news.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:42:25 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: TROOPS COMING HOME
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:24:33 PM »
Believe it or not I agree with him here. The middle east can never be corrected by force or thinking you understand it. With or without troops there, the region will always be volatile. And no neocons, the region won't fall apart when we pull out. It's been falling apart the last 1500 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 12:42:36 AM »
Believe it or not I agree with him here. The middle east can never be corrected by force or thinking you understand it. With or without troops there, the region will always be volatile. And no neocons, the region won't fall apart when we pull out. It's been falling apart the last 1500 years.

Talked to a guy at work that has been over there twice.  We have talked at length about the region.  I asked him one day if he thought what we were doing over there was worth it.  He said that he was proud to serve and would always be proud when Uncle Sam called him up, but no, we weren't doing any good there.  Like Honey Badger, they don't give a shit.  He said it's all about tribes and it's truly tribal warfare.  They don't care about there central gov't, they just want to kill and take over the possessions of the tribe that lives next to them for the most part.  He said until we realized that, we will always be sinking money into that region.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 10:49:52 AM »
Talked to a guy at work that has been over there twice.  We have talked at length about the region.  I asked him one day if he thought what we were doing over there was worth it.  He said that he was proud to serve and would always be proud when Uncle Sam called him up, but no, we weren't doing any good there.  Like Honey Badger, they don't give a shit.  He said it's all about tribes and it's truly tribal warfare.  They don't care about there central gov't, they just want to kill and take over the possessions of the tribe that lives next to them for the most part.  He said until we realized that, we will always be sinking money into that region.

This, like GH pointed out, has being going on since the Old Testament. This is all they really know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 01:54:55 PM »
When we went to war in Vietnam, they'd already been in a state of war since the beginning of recorded time.  You don't defeat a culture unless you eliminate it.  Same with the middle east.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 09:06:42 AM »
Just read where the Afghan leader said if the US ans Pakistan started feuding, they would back Pakistan.  Really???  Time to get em' all home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 09:15:42 AM »
Just read where the Afghan leader said if the US ans Pakistan started feuding, they would back Pakistan.  Really???  Time to get em' all home.

When you wrestle with pigs, you get dirty - but the pigs like it.

Yep, time to get the fuck out. The entire region is crazy - always has been, always will be. Just a fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 10:58:06 AM »
When you wrestle with pigs, you get dirty - but the pigs like it.

Yep, time to get the fuck out. The entire region is crazy - always has been, always will be. Just a fact.

Seriously, I have often wondered why we just didn't pull out of the region, tell Israel, "hey we will sell you some gear to defend yourself, and if you get nuked then we will fuck the place up, but peace out, we outta here, let the crazy fuckers kill one another."  If they didn't have us to shoot at, they would just shoot each other. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »
Seriously, I have often wondered why we just didn't pull out of the region, tell Israel, "hey we will sell you some gear to defend yourself, and if you get nuked then we will fuck the place up, but peace out, we outta here, let the crazy fuckers kill one another."  If they didn't have us to shoot at, they would just shoot each other.

Good strategy. Let em shoot at each other and not us. More good guys alive, more of them dead. Win win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 01:03:42 PM »
Seriously, I have often wondered why we just didn't pull out of the region, tell Israel, "hey we will sell you some gear to defend yourself, and if you get nuked then we will fudge the place up, but peace out, we outta here, let the crazy fudgeers kill one another."  If they didn't have us to shoot at, they would just shoot each other.

Already doing part of your plan.  Until we rolled out the F-22 Israel had an Air Force on par with us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 01:12:43 PM »
Already doing part of your plan.  Until we rolled out the F-22 Israel had an Air Force on par with us.

Because of US.

Weve sold them weapons technology for decades.

And isn't the F-22 project closed now after the feasibility issues and crashes? EIther way, that thing was one bad mamma jamma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »

<3 the F-22.  Our Air Force is so kick ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »
Because of US.

Weve sold them weapons technology for decades.

And isn't the F-22 project closed now after the feasibility issues and crashes? EIther way, that thing was one bad mamma jamma.

Well yeah, nobody else is building stuff like we are.  Too bad our best air power doesn't come in too much use against the terrorists. 

F-22 is closed, but the ones delivered are still in use.  I think the final tally was 187.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 01:42:44 PM »
Well yeah, nobody else is building stuff like we are.  Too bad our best air power doesn't come in too much use against the terrorists. 

F-22 is closed, but the ones delivered are still in use.  I think the final tally was 187.

Yeah, that was what I had read somewhere. Its a shame it didn't last long but at 987 gazillion dollars a pop, it was expensive as hell. A couple of them being crashed didn't help the cause either. STILL, a badass piece of machinery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 08:59:05 AM »
I'm not sure why we haven't learned from history and just dip our bullets in pig fat....or at least tell them that we have by dropping flyer's from an airplane.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 09:12:42 AM »
I'm not sure why we haven't learned from history and just dip our bullets in pig fat....or at least tell them that we have by dropping flyer's from an airplane.
On kind of a related note to your post and the thread:

"If I had inherited the mess that Johnson got into, I would have said to North Vietnam, by dropping leaflets out of B-52s, 'You quit the war in three days or the next time these babies come over there going to drop some big bombs on you.' And I'd make a swamp out of North Vietnam ... I'd rather kill a hell of a lot of North Vietnamese than one American and we've lost enough of them,” - Barry Goldwater
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »

"If I had inherited the mess that Johnson got into, I would have said to North Vietnam, by dropping leaflets out of B-52s, 'You quit the war in three days or the next time these babies come over there going to drop some big bombs on you.' And I'd make a swamp out of North Vietnam ... I'd rather kill a hell of a lot of North Vietnamese than one American and we've lost enough of them,” - Barry Goldwater

General Pershing hearts you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 11:04:17 AM »

I have no issues with us being the only superpower in the world and I don't know why anyone else would either.   :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 04:40:14 PM »
Here's what I'm thinking. 

What if the head of the most innovative weapons manufacturer got kidnapped over there?  And then he builds a rocket suit out of spare parts and escapes? And then goes home and builds a kick ass metal suit with rockets and all kinds of weapons? And finds out he was betrayed by his CEO so he kills him in an awesome robot fight?

Then we could send him over to cause destructive havoc and sneak out undetected. 

If that doesn't work what if I could get my truck to turn into a 30' tall sentient robot? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.