Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Exhibition Opener Tonight

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Exhibition Opener Tonight
« on: November 01, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »
7:00 against Paine College.  Have no clue who that is but it doesn't matter, given Auburn's recent history of losing to the no-names of the world.  Would love to see vast improvement and have them take care of bidnezz no matter who it's against.  Probable starters are:

Allen Payne  6'6" 210  5.6.ppg 2.9 rpg

Kenny Gabriel  6'8" 209  10.3 ppg 5.6 rpg

Robb "I gotta" Chubb  6'10 242  7.6 ppg 3.8 rpg

Varez Ward 6'2" 208 Transfer guard from Texas

Frankie Sullivan 6'1" 206  8.2 ppg 1.2 rpg in 6 games before being out for the season in 2010

Off the bench, they can bring decent size in:

Josh Langford  6'7" 208

Adrian Forbes 6'8" 232

Willie Koussi 6'10" 219  Freshman, but a big body underneath. 

Frankie Sullivan was a decent scoring threat year before last and I have no idea about Ward since he's a transfer.  But, I think this is easily the most size we've had on campus since Cliff Ellis' last year.  If Chubb can stay out of foul trouble, which he was horrible about last year, we may have a solid inside game.  Just hope these guys have improved from last year under Barbee and we finally have a product worth watching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Exhibition Opener Tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »
Just did some checking on Ward and we may have something here.  He started out at Jeff Davis in Montgomery (My alma tomater) and lead them to a State Championship his sophomore year and runner up the next.  Set the JD scoring record.  Went to a trade school in NC his senior year and averaged 16 and 8.  Played well at Texas as a freshman and kept getting more and more playing time averaging just under 10 a game.  Played in two NCAA tourney games and scored a career high 16 against Duke.  Out for the year with injuries last year and has 3 years of eligibility left.

Okay, this is the type of guy we need and with he and Sullivan in the back court, no reason Auburn can't be competitive this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »
We finally have some height on the roster. Finally, a coach that understands that. Thank you Barbee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 02:08:28 PM »
We finally have some height on the roster. Finally, a coach that understands that. Thank you Barbee.

Don't know if anyone realizes but in Lebo's first year, we didn't have a guy on the floor over 6'4".  Granted, Lebo ran off 6'8" Marco killingsworth and a 6'9" ceneter that started for 2 years at Ole Miss, plus another guy about 6'8" who's name I forget.  It never got much better after that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions