Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official Auburn-LSU Game Thread

JR4AU

Re: Official Auburn-LSU Game Thread
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »
If you fuckers would have been realistic coming in to the game, you would not be pissed right now. You would be drunk and content instead of drunk and pissed...

Disagree!  I could have lived with a loss if we simply got pushed around, but they played like they were in a fog.   They were ill prepared for the task at hand.   One bumbling idiot move after another on top of being outmanned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »
To quote Merle Haggard...I think I'll just stay here and drink.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2011, 07:09:01 PM »
It was an epic failure.  And, yes, it's on the coaches, players, Offense, Defense, Special Teams, every phase.  The bolded part?  You don't know any of that.  Other than that, It was an epic failure when they knew they had to come to play mistake free football.  Poor mental effort all the way around.

That's what pained me the most. 

We had stints of good football.  Followed by a mental error that killed us.  And there were a lot of mental errors.

I put a few on youth and inexperience.  But it looked more like we weren't prepared to play. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2011, 07:24:20 PM »
That's what pained me the most. 

We had stints of good football.  Followed by a mental error that killed us.  And there were a lot of mental errors.

I put a few on youth and inexperience.  But it looked more like we weren't prepared to play.

Hey, they were a bigger, faster, stronger team.  Likely would have been a loss anyway.  Would have felt much better if it had been a penalty/turnover free 24-9 type loss where we made them earn every drive, and we were simply unable to stop them, or push the ball down the field on them.  Everybody knows we were outmanned going in.  To have so many stupid penalties, and give them a short field... :facepalm:

BTW, Les knew what he had.  I formation straight ahead runs for about 50% of their plays?  Shit he knew he had us going in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2011, 07:36:38 PM »
It sucked!  We got killed, shitty play all the way around.  We looked undisciplined.

About to pull some ribeyes off the grill and hit a Bells Two Hearted Ale.  I'm over it and now at this moment in time.....I ain't even mad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

chinook

« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
just got in from cabo...this is the shit i come home to? that fucking sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2011, 07:53:25 PM »
I just didn't see what you all did. I didn't see that many mental mistakes. There were a couple of inadvertent facemasks that kept drives alive, but you can't fault too much of those. I saw some stupid mistakes, but I dn sure don't chalk it up to coaching or not being ready to play. That is just stupid to me...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2011, 09:00:25 PM »
I just didn't see what you all did. I didn't see that many mental mistakes. There were a couple of inadvertent facemasks that kept drives alive, but you can't fault too much of those. I saw some stupid mistakes, but I dn sure don't chalk it up to coaching or not being ready to play. That is just stupid to me...

I agree somewhat on things like the facemask penalty when Jefferson fumbled.  Our guy was hustling, and that shit sometimes happens.  However, we had 7 penalties for 51 yards.  I know for fact that facemask, and another kept drives alive on 3rd downs where we had a stop, that lead to TDs.  2 turnovers as well, one right after a score on the KO giving them the ball on our25 or so.    You can't eliminate all mistakes, but the overall feel of the game was that we were just not mentally ready, at least not from the standpoint we thought we could win. 

People bitch about shit they have no clue about..."lazy playcalling"...what the fuck is that?  "Lazy coaching the QBs"?  What are Malzahn and Chiz having a scotch and a cigar when they're supposed to be coaching?  "Poor playcalling"?  Really, what the fuck should they call?  When?  What play is in that week? What personnel?  Do you know we have the capability to execute what YOU think would be a genius play call?  If you call a run up the gut that goes for 15 yards, it's genius.  If they stuff it, it's "poor playcalling".    And you can call the greatest play on the planet...if the OL won't or can't block, useless...if the RB can't hit the hole, or fumbles...useless...if the QB can't hit the WR, or the WR can't catch it...useless, and absolutely no fault of scheme or play calling.   

But, for instance, Therezie was in and got beat badly on that first long pass play.  He's a way down the depth chart CB.  He was lined up on Randall their best WR.  They'd been pounding the rock.  Poor personnel decision on both match up, and potential for a long PAP.   That said, I have no idea why he was out there, and why he was lined up in press man...I do know he made a cardinal sin in press man C2 and allowed an outside release.  I also know he wasn't coached to do that either, but he did.   Lutz dropped a sure 1st down...wasn't a perfect pass, but he got both hands on it, and it was catchable.  He seems to be mentally absent the last couple of weeks.  Why?

It looked like a poor effort.  The coaches aren't playing PS3, hitting X, OO...they coach them, call the plays, the players have to make it happen.  They looked bad today.  Some due to LSU, probably mostly, but it irritates fans to see penalties prolong drives, and fumbles give a superior team a gimme.  I can take being pushed around by a superior team...I expected that.  This looked worse.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:02:13 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2011, 10:23:56 PM »
You sound like Verne with bitching about an outside release. It looked like they were in man with 2 safeties over the top. Regardless, if they are in man...and read this carefully...YOU PLAY ON THE INSIDE IN MAN TO MAN. that is football 101. It is what a WR is taught to look for when reading a defense is if the cover man is shading inside. Why? What is easier to complete playing man...a slant? Or a fade or out route? It is anything to the inside. That is why you shade inside. Our corners just got beat by a ether WR and two perfect throws...

People bitch when we play zone and bitch when we play man...

Sometimes you just get beat by a far superior team...and LSU is a far superior team right now...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2011, 11:06:22 PM »
I saw maybe 15 total minutes of the game.  Yeah, we were there.  The first aid station in Tiger Stadium is very nice. I know the EMT did not believe I was pretty much sober when my ankle objected to entering Tiger Stadium and did a ninety degree interior bend a la Prothro and tried to crawl up my calf.  Can't say I blame him. I was crying pretty hard. We'll see how jacked up it is tomorrow. Thanks to the excellent meds, I am seeing unicorns and butterflies right now and barely remembered there was a game at all. WHEE!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2011, 12:32:14 AM »
I saw maybe 15 total minutes of the game.  Yeah, we were there.  The first aid station in Tiger Stadium is very nice. I know the EMT did not believe I was pretty much sober when my ankle objected to entering Tiger Stadium and did a ninety degree interior bend a la Prothro and tried to crawl up my calf.  Can't say I blame him. I was crying pretty hard. We'll see how jacked up it is tomorrow. Thanks to the excellent meds, I am seeing unicorns and butterflies right now and barely remembered there was a game at all. WHEE!!
I hope it is OK tomorrow. You may be the only AU fan to attend the game and avoid the pain of that loss.
Share the meds!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2011, 04:44:50 AM »
You sound like Verne with bitching about an outside release. It looked like they were in man with 2 safeties over the top. Regardless, if they are in man...and read this carefully...YOU PLAY ON THE INSIDE IN MAN TO MAN. that is football 101. It is what a WR is taught to look for when reading a defense is if the cover man is shading inside. Why? What is easier to complete playing man...a slant? Or a fade or out route? It is anything to the inside. That is why you shade inside. Our corners just got beat by a ether WR and two perfect throws...

People bitch when we play zone and bitch when we play man...

Sometimes you just get beat by a far superior team...and LSU is a far superior team right now...

Hey, it's possible he played his proper technique, and simply got beat.  Maybe the Safety over the top was late doing his job.  It wasn't Verne doing the commentary there, it was Gary, and he does have a bit of knowledge from actually having played the game. 

As I said, it simply had a bad feel to it.  I know they were a superior team...knew that going in.  I agree with you here more than it seems...they practiced, put in the plan they thought would give them the best chance, and I know they worked hard...the players have to execute the plan...it just had a bad feel to it.  The costly penalties were a big part...they came at the worst times and created maximum damage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions