Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Spirit Not Afraid

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
A Spirit Not Afraid
« on: October 21, 2011, 09:31:05 AM »
I'm rocking my blue dry-fit Auburn shirt for casual Friday on the eve of the Auburn-LSU game.

Imagine the Friday before the Iron Bowl, except EVERYONE BUT YOU was a Bama fan, and it was not part of the culture (for the civilized faction of the fanbase) to accept differences in fandom.

So far, before I even made it to my desk I have heard (from people I don't even know)

-"Man, are you brave!"
-"Is that thing you're wearing bulletproof?"
-"Are you the guy that lost the bet to Julie last year?" (Julie is the only other Auburn person in the entire company who works 4 floors up from me)
- (While getting coffee) "Let me just add some poison to that"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: A Spirit Not Afraid
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 09:33:52 AM »
I'm rocking my blue dry-fit Auburn shirt for casual Friday on the eve of the Auburn-LSU game.

Imagine the Friday before the Iron Bowl, except EVERYONE BUT YOU was a Bama fan, and it was not part of the culture (for the civilized faction of the fanbase) to accept differences in fandom.

So far, before I even made it to my desk I have heard (from people I don't even know)

-"Man, are you brave!"
-"Is that thing you're wearing bulletproof?"
-"Are you the guy that lost the bet to Julie last year?" (Julie is the only other Auburn person in the entire company who works 4 floors up from me)
- (While getting coffee) "Let me just add some poison to that"

These people are in New Orleans right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 09:38:19 AM »
I triple dog dare you to put an LSU sticker on the back of the office urinal.  Use gloves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 09:41:50 AM »
These people are in New Orleans right?
Yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:29:57 AM »
My parents have lived in Baton Rouge for 20 years now.  My dad (Auburn '67 and '73) is a VP for an Environmental Engineering firm there in BR, having 9 or 10 people (all LSU grads) reporting to him.

Several years ago, my dad bought a very obnoxious Auburn tie that plays the fight song.  He wears it once a year, the Friday before the Auburn/LSU game.  He calls a staff meeting for about 2:30, walks in 5 minutes late, sits down, plays the fight song, and then gets up and leaves, saying, "War Eagle."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 11:35:09 AM »
He calls a staff meeting for about 2:30, walks in 5 minutes late, sits down, plays the fight song, and then gets up and leaves, saying, "War Eagle."
I lol'ed hard at this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »
My parents have lived in Baton Rouge for 20 years now.  My dad (Auburn '67 and '73) is a VP for an Environmental Engineering firm there in BR, having 9 or 10 people (all LSU grads) reporting to him.

Several years ago, my dad bought a very obnoxious Auburn tie that plays the fight song.  He wears it once a year, the Friday before the Auburn/LSU game.  He calls a staff meeting for about 2:30, walks in 5 minutes late, sits down, plays the fight song, and then gets up and leaves, saying, "War Eagle."

Your old man is a damn fine human being jarhead.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »
Oh, our company is infested with Eau de Corndog today too.  I am wearing my most obnoxious orange shirt and getting all kinds of shit for it.

I had to call our Houma office today and the vessels guy answered his phone with "You coming to Baton Rouge tomorrow to see us whip y'all's ass?"

I had a new guy that I had met once - ONCE - make a special trip downstairs to my office to make smart assed comments.

Him:  "Do you remember meeting me at the Texans game?"

Me:  (busy as hell in crisis mode) "Um, yeah, I think so."

Him:  "Didja remember I am an LSU fan?  Had to come and give you shit today..."

Me:  "Shouldn't you have waited until Monday?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
Is it just in their nature?  Can they not help it?  On the other hand, at our Gatah Hatah party last weekend, one of the guys was an LSU alum.  Nicest dude evah and knew his foosballz.  He's definitely coming to teh Planes next year for tailgating.  I think you have to search far and wide to find a good one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."