Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn-Georgia: CFB's "Dirtiest Rivalry"

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Auburn-Georgia: CFB's "Dirtiest Rivalry"
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:37:50 AM »
And Georgia, not Nick Fairley, is the main offender.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204479504576639093283303646.html
What's the Dirtiest College-Football Rivalry?

College-football rivalries are famous for their upsets, their trophies and their history. But let's be honest: Another defining feature is how dirty they are.

Michigan State's victory over rival Michigan Saturday was marked by rough play—particularly by Spartans defensive end William Gholston, who took a swing at one player and twisted the helmet of another. Michigan State said Tuesday it is reviewing the matter. That rivalry has gotten increasingly testy lately: Over the past five years there have been 20 roughness and behavior-related penalties, 16 by the Spartans.

But which college-football rivalry is the dirtiest? To find out, the Count tallied how many conduct and roughness penalties have been assessed in the last five meetings of 40 rivalries. Unsportsmanlike conduct, late hits and other roughness calls counted (including offsetting ones); penalties that aren't generally malicious did not, like roughing the kicker.

The meanest matchup by this measure: Auburn-Georgia. The Deep South's oldest rivalry, which began in 1892, has averaged 5.4 behavior-related penalties per game the past five years. Last year's game (an Auburn comeback victory) ended with punches being thrown and two Auburn players getting ejected.

There were several surprises. Duke-North Carolina was near the top of the list. So was BYU-Utah. The cleanest rivalries? Oklahoma-Oklahoma State and Army-Navy, each with just four "rough" calls in five years.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Auburn-Georgia: CFB's "Dirtiest Rivalry"
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »
Call me crazy but I think Auburn players respect the product Bama puts on the field more than UGA. Thus the UGA game has more blood. No one likes those thuggy cocksuckers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 12:52:52 PM »
Call me crazy but I think Auburn players respect the product Bama puts on the field more than UGA. Thus the UGA game has more blood. No one likes those thuggy cocksuckers.

I think I....yeah...I just threw up in my mouth a little...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 12:55:36 PM »
I think I....yeah...I just threw up in my mouth a little...

Please tell me you think Bama has put a better product on the field the last couple of years than UGA. I didn't say respects the people, school or fans. Ga plays dirty on the field. They aren't quality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 01:07:24 PM »
Not surprised.

Anyone that attended the 2007 AU-UGA game knows that Georgia is nothing but a group of classless punks who fart out of their mouths.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 01:09:13 PM »
The AU/UA rivalry is 100X nastier among the fans than the players.  I'm well aware how much Lord Saybinz hates us.  He said so.  But many of these players know each other, played with or against each other etc.  You rarely see cheap shots in the Iron Bowl.  I know AU has a lot of players from the State of Jawja but I think that whole program is one big prison break out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 01:28:40 PM »
I know AU has a lot of players from the State of Jawja but I think that whole program is one big prison break out.

They have the cheerleaders to prove it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 01:29:47 PM »
They have the cheerleaders to prove it.

Is that Brian Fellows?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »
Is that Brian Fellows?

Its a wacky world of animals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions