Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Small batch bourbons

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Small batch bourbons
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2011, 03:56:33 PM »
If it's not made in KY, with at least 51% corn and aged in charred oak barrels, then it sucks.   

Hell, it's so good that the Scotch and Irish have to buy old bourbon barrels to help it get some bourbon in it.

They actually started using corn here because the immigrants were as poor as a jaybird and corn was the only cheap, available grain in the area. It was makeshift...and inferior, just like it is today. Suck it AUT1!! Oh, and Duane Allman is a homo! Ok, ok I went too far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2011, 03:58:05 PM »
They actually started using corn here because the immigrants were as poor as a jaybird and corn was the only cheap, available grain in the area. It was makeshift...and inferior, just like it is today. Suck it AUT1!! Oh, and Duane Allman is a homo! Ok, ok I went too far.

Uh-oh, trouble
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2011, 06:12:12 PM »
Nothing is right about any corn whiskey. I keep trying to tell you fudgeers this.

Fermented corn syrup....i'm good thanks.

Sounds like piss and honey. Probably tastes like it too.

Scotland - circa: A long time ago

"This whiskey that we made not using corn tastes god awful!"
"Hey!  Maybe if we set fire to the peat bog under it people won't notice!"
"Great idea!"

circa: 2 weeks later

"Hmmm....still taste like shitake!"
"Hey!  Maybe if we buy some used bourbon barrels from America and put our whiskey in it people won't notice!"
"Great id....What the fudge is America?"
"Just go with it man!"

circa: 10 years later

"Hmmmm...  This still tastes like shitake!"
"Hey!  Maybe if we put a fancy name on it like Single Malt and charge people $50 bucks a bottle, they'll think it's good and buy it anyway."
"Brilliant!!!"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:13:20 PM by AU_Tiger_2000 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2011, 06:59:50 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2011, 07:16:40 PM »
Pussy, just drink it.

Sounds like Fighting Cock or Kentucky Tavern.  Destroyed what was left of the Woodford last weekend.  Glad I have a hefty supply.

So I assume the Eagle Rare was too much for poor ole MarkChand?

I've punished the bottle of Eagle Rare I bought last weekend. I've got about 1/8 of a bottle left. Damn fine drink! Great bourb for the price, probably my new go to drink.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2011, 12:25:54 AM »
Good deal  MC.  It's my go to for the price as well.  Now.............

GH, get yourself in here and explain your blasphemy?  I will feed your ass to the gators!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2011, 10:45:56 PM »
I see GH is avoiding this thread like the plague now.................................
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2011, 07:36:45 AM »
I see GH is avoiding this thread like the plague now.................................

Typically a criminal will return to the scene of the crime. Hopefully he won't come back and bludgeon corn whiskey or Duane once again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2011, 11:28:32 AM »
I think his ass knows better MarkChand.

So it is that time again.  I am having a co-worker who is headed to hotlanta this weekend make a run for me. He stops at a place over there called Total Wine or something like that.  Getting a 1.75 ML bottle of Makers, .750 of Buffalo Trace, .750 of Elijah Craig 12 year 94 and I told him to get me a liter of George Dickel #12 since it was cheap and the holidays are coming up.   I need some nasty TN shit to give to visitors. 

Damn, and it just seemed like not too long ago I bought up a bunch of bourbon.   :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
My strategic bourbon reserve is tapped out as of last night so I have to make a shopping trip also. My wife and I each had a Basil last night polishing off the bottle. For my second drink I had to lower myself to drinking freakin Bushmill's Irish whiskey that has been hiding at the back of my liquor cabinet for 10 years now.

I'm wanting to try a few new things this time. I've never had the Buffalo Trace, any good?

Other suggestions besides Rebel Yell and Fightin Cock?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2011, 12:57:06 PM »
I have never had the Buffalo Trace.  I know that Eagle Rare is part of their product line which is why I am anxious to try it. 

Any of the Pappy Van Winkle family is god tier bourbon.  I wish I could find it here.  :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »
Ever had one of those shitty weeks you want to forget? 128.6 proof Booker's should do the trick! I also picked up a bottle of Bulleit for good measure...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2011, 01:06:41 AM »
Ever had one of those shitty weeks you want to forget? 128.6 proof Booker's should do the trick! I also picked up a bottle of Bulleit for good measure...

Yeah, like this week.  I have been in the Makers and Elijah Craig tonight.  Going to sleepy land in a few.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
You suckas been in a bottle of Beam Black? I likey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »
You suckas been in a bottle of Beam Black? I likey.

Haven't tried it. I'll have to add it to the list next time. I haven't tried Crown Black yet either. My bro in law loves the Crown Black I just haven't had the urge to try it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2011, 11:02:24 AM »
I have never had the Buffalo Trace.  I know that Eagle Rare is part of their product line which is why I am anxious to try it. 

Any of the Pappy Van Winkle family is god tier bourbon.  I wish I could find it here.  :(

Ive had Buffalo Trace a few times....not that good to me. Granted, I am not a Bourbon fan either, but I have had much better in the category.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2011, 11:17:17 AM »
Haven't tried the Beam Black, but I will give it a shot in the near future.  They were out of Buffalo Trace, but they had everything else, so it's ok.  I can find the BT somewhere else, but not that cheap.

Interesting to hear that about it.  I have never tried it so I was looking forward to it, but I live to drink another day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2011, 11:23:15 AM »
Haven't tried the Beam Black, but I will give it a shot in the near future.  They were out of Buffalo Trace, but they had everything else, so it's ok.  I can find the BT somewhere else, but not that cheap.

Interesting to hear that about it.  I have never tried it so I was looking forward to it, but I live to drink another day.

Beam Black and Eagle Rare are better than BT IMHO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »
Beam Black and Eagle Rare are better than BT IMHO.

Eagle Rare is a part of their small batch line, so that doesn't surprise me.  have never been a fan of Jim Beam other than their small batch and with simps taste in alcohol, well it scares me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions