Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What will it take to win?

JR4AU

Re: What will it take to win?
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2011, 03:46:27 PM »
Why "no way"?

LSU's offense mustered out a big 10 points against Oregon in the 1st half.  It was Oregon fumbles that did them in.  By no means do I think that Oregon would have won that game, but let's not act like Oregon played the perfect game. 

Against Miss St, LSU managed to get three field goals until hitting a nice pass in the fourth quarter.  Again in this one, their offense spuddered especially in the first half. 

Against West Virginia, LSU converted two of four turnovers into touchdowns in the 1st half.  After being up 27-7, WVU went on a rampage and their quarterback threw for 463 yards.  If it wasn't for that kickoff return for a touchdown, who knows how that game may have ended up? 

After Tennessee started strong in the running game against LSU (111 yards...-29 total in their previous two games), they turned the ball over twice which both led to LSU touchdowns. 

I'm not trying to take anything away from LSU. They're a very good team that makes their own destiny. 

But what are we strong in? 

We haven't lost a fumble once this year.  Not one.  The only team in the entire country to not have that problem.

Our punter is stout.

We can key on the run game and make them throw. 

We have a decent run game when it gets going. 

I'm not buying the "no way."  It'll be very tough.  We'll need to play a perfect game, but I think we match up well against LSU who has mostly capitalized on the other team's mistakes.

We need MORE than the perfect game.  Some luck...get some turnovers.  Interfere with a punt returner, pay the refs, pay some players to make them better...you know the only way Auburn ever wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2011, 03:47:05 PM »
Severely disappointed in the Wench right now.

regards to your story, someone in the media said it so it must be true.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:48:33 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2011, 03:49:32 PM »

She's a good wife, and just playing up to that corndog she's married to hoping it will get her laid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2011, 03:52:10 PM »
Plus, since we cannot win it all this year, I would much rather see the crystal (1) stay in the SEC and (2) head to Baton Rouge as opposed to Turdville.  I will take one for the team in the form of a loss in BR if that in any way helps keep bammer from winning jack shit.
She's a good wife, and just playing up to that corndog she's married to hoping it will get her laid.
Fuck both of these statements...in da mouf.

I am not saying you have to be rah-rah and shit, but I concede nothing!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2011, 03:54:49 PM »

Don't be.  Like I said, I will be happy to eat crow for lunch AND dinner if we manage to pull out a Miracle in Red Stick.  That would be fabulous.  Beyond awesome.  And I will be cheering my ass off in the stands. 

But I just do not see it happening.  Last year, Auburn was shooting lucky farts out our asses - ball bounces going the right way, calls going our way, players turning something into nothing... but this year, the team with all that luck is LSU.  They have home field advantage, momentum, a smothering Defense, the Mad Hatter and a serviceable QB. 

Plus, if we are sticking with the "historical" trend, I have been going to AU - LSU games since 2001.  The last year AU won there was 2000, the year I met my corndog, two weeks after the game was played.  Never, not once, has Auburn won in BR with me in attendance. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2011, 03:55:18 PM »

In my house, it is not me hoping to get laid... EVER.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2011, 04:00:52 PM »
I am smoking large doses of reality, brother. 

Plus, since we cannot win it all this year, I would much rather see the crystal (1) stay in the SEC and (2) head to Baton Rouge as opposed to Turdville.  I will take one for the team in the form of a loss in BR if that in any way helps keep bammer from winning jack shit.

If we can't win it all, I damn sure don't want anybody from the SEC winning it.  After last year, getting dissed by not voting our coach COY and naming a tennis player Male Athlete of the Year over Cam, fuck'em in da mouf.  I hope they all lose every out of conference game and bowl game.   Me against the world mentality is fine with me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »
Plus, if we are sticking with the "historical" trend, I have been going to AU - LSU games since 2001.  The last year AU won there was 2000, the year I met my corndog, two weeks after the game was played.  Never, not once, has Auburn won in BR with me in attendance.
So what you're saying is, someone's going to have to kidnap you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2011, 04:05:29 PM »
So what you're saying is, someone's going to have to kidnap you.
Actually I thought she was saying she wanted it in her butt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2011, 04:06:40 PM »

If we can't win it all, I damn sure don't want anybody from the SEC winning it.  After last year, getting dissed by not voting our coach COY and naming a tennis player Male Athlete of the Year over Cam, fuck'em in da mouf.  I hope they all lose every out of conference game and bowl game.   Me against the world mentality is fine with me.

You know what?  ^^^ THIS^^^

Fuck those corndog bitches in da ass, da mouf, da ear and spunk on dey chirrenz.  Seriously, screw em' all.  How soon we forget the hatin' that has rained on our program for the past year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
Why "no way"?

LSU's offense mustered out a big 10 points against Oregon in the 1st half.  It was Oregon fumbles that did them in.  By no means do I think that Oregon would have won that game, but let's not act like Oregon played the perfect game. 

Against Miss St, LSU managed to get three field goals until hitting a nice pass in the fourth quarter.  Again in this one, their offense spuddered especially in the first half. 

Against West Virginia, LSU converted two of four turnovers into touchdowns in the 1st half.  After being up 27-7, WVU went on a rampage and their quarterback threw for 463 yards.  If it wasn't for that kickoff return for a touchdown, who knows how that game may have ended up? 

After Tennessee started strong in the running game against LSU (111 yards...-29 total in their previous two games), they turned the ball over twice which both led to LSU touchdowns. 

I'm not trying to take anything away from LSU. They're a very good team that makes their own destiny. 

But what are we strong in? 

We haven't lost a fumble once this year.  Not one.  The only team in the entire country to not have that problem.

Our punter is stout.

We can key on the run game and make them throw. 

We have a decent run game when it gets going. 

I'm not buying the "no way."  It'll be very tough.  We'll need to play a perfect game, but I think we match up well against LSU who has mostly capitalized on the other team's mistakes.

Why does their offense make potatoes?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 05:06:19 PM »
Why does their offense make potatoes?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 08:47:19 PM »
The realist in me says they are two TDs better on our best day and their worst. But with some mistake free ball,  good special teams play and clock management we could do more than just throw a scare in them like Tennessee did in 2010. I know this is a much better LSU squad but we have proven that we can run the ball against some pretty good defenses and I'm hoping we are able to complete some on 1st down rather than be pressured into so many obvious passing downs.

And I think our D will hang if the offense can do its part in only half of our possessions. I don't know if Mason will play but I'm thinking we get one if not both receivers back for Saturday regardless of what is said. Scratch and claw on defense, keep 'em pinned and try to play offense from a shorter field. 

I don' t care about the SEC after last season. It's strictly about Auburn for me. This game is the most important one of all. Nothing else matters and I wouldn't sacrifice anything beyond it because this game can change the rest of the season, just as the 2010 team grew in identity with each test last year. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »

Agree....fuk em all in da mouf x 10.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2011, 01:05:55 PM »
These are some good meds THS. Auburn over LSU in their house.

I'm just gonna say that I wouldn't feel this way if Trotter was starting of course. Just the pass threat gives Auburn a much better chance. I certainly feel that Chizik putting Mosley in the game last week when he did was a great idea. Although it could have been two weeks earlier, the fact that CM got some live action before LSU should be just enough to keep CM mentally grounded and LSU honest on the run. LSU will still stack the box and dare Mosley to pass but I still like our chances because Mosley does have a pretty nice touch on his passes. Another thing, as GF said, our D is playing much better in all facets but especially against the run. Lets not forget that its at 2:30 and not a night game so maybe the crowd want be as jacked up and also maybe....just maybe....LSU is looking down the road to bama.

Anything can happen in this game as it has so many times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »
LSU is painting their field purple for this game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2011, 01:24:42 PM »
The other thing to think about is Auburn had 400+ rushing yards on LSU last year. I would think those Cajuns haven't forgotten about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2011, 02:02:24 PM »
I don't have a link yet but I was just told that Ware, Mathieu and another LSU player has been suspended for the Auburn game.

Right now, it seems to be a rumor.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:05:57 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »
I GOTS A FEELIN'.  UH. 

BABY, BABY I GOT THAT FEELING.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 08:06:20 PM »
The other thing to think about is Auburn had 400+ rushing yards on LSU last year. I would think those Cajuns haven't forgotten about that.

That will certainly be a major factor in this game!   :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions