Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I'm going on record...

Re: I'm going on record...
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2011, 05:38:15 PM »
How do you feel about this:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/28/the-orioles-are-going-back-to-the-cartoon-bird/

The Orioles are going back to the cartoon bird

Craig Calcaterra

Oct 28, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT

News you can use: Roch Kubatko of MASN tweeted that the Baltimore Orioles are going to change their caps next year, returning the cartoon bird of the 70s and 80s. No word yet if it will be like the one shown here or if it will have the white field like it did in the early 80s.

After replay, religion, politics, Ryan Howard and cake vs. pie, I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been more disagreement and rancor around these parts about any topic besides cartoon mascots.  But I’m a man of principle and I must take a stand: I approve of this development. Bringing back the cartoon bird is a winning move.

Have at it, you wrongheaded cartoon haters
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »
Actually <3 it.  It can't hurt at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

chinook

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2011, 06:13:41 PM »
I wish Baltimore was smart enough to sell their team to the city of Portland. 

#winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »
Congrats to the Cardinals.  They played lights out all postseason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2011, 11:26:26 PM »
What happened to the record?

Did the redbirds actually win?

Hmmmmm!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2011, 12:38:08 AM »
Great series, WE!!!  Hope you guys bounce back and win one soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2011, 02:31:06 AM »
That was an awesome series.  Glad the birds won it, but won have been happy if the Rangers won as well. 

Glad your team won there Jarhead!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2011, 10:45:03 AM »
Everything completely fell in place for the Cards this year. I mean...a freaking rain out for a delay in order to let one of the best pitchers in the league to pitch game 7...everything...it was just one of those things it seemed. Big hits from guys not named Berkman, Pujols or Holliday...crazy....

This one stings for this area...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2011, 11:12:23 AM »
It's going to be hard to not root for Texas going forward.  Everything I've heard out of the manager and players makes me want to root for them to win one next year.  A truly classy organization.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2011, 10:17:38 AM »
LaRussa just announced his retirement.  Wonder if this will factor into the Pujols decision.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2011, 10:22:16 AM »
St Louis is ghey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."