Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I'm going on record...

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: I'm going on record...
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2011, 02:00:43 PM »
Napoli is your MVP.  I think Rangers in 6 also.

Last night was a clusterfuck of biblical proportions.  I suspect that he's covering for someone, and the crowd noise is an excuse.

The hit and run with Craig on, and Pujols up.  Both times with no outs.  Granted, he's GIDP 30+ times this season.  But Wilson couldn't find the strike zone, and Feliz didn't get Albert anything to hit within a foot of the plate.

Really bad at bats by the Cardinals.

And it's LaRussa.  Lasorda is the one Irwin Fletcher hates.

hahaha...I knew Lasorda looks wrong as I typed it but I didn't slow long enough to change it. That is like me infamously calling Jack Nicholaus, Jack Nicholson...or how ever you spell it...

What did you think about Carpenter's little tirade? It was surprising to me. I can see getting excited and emotional, but it looked like he was calling out Napoli.

And yeah...I think LaRussa was covering for someone too. Maybe even himself. He didn't want to put up with the 500 million questions or second guesses by the fans.

Also, what have you heard about the supposed hit and run that Pujols didn't swing at. Did anyone actually confirm that was a hit and run called by Pujols? It looked like LaRussa questioned dude in the dugout...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2011, 02:07:26 PM »
That's the World Series that made me hate the Braves.  I was in boot camp, and I get a letter from a buddy of mine who wrote "GO BRAVES!" on the back of the envelope.  DI on duty that night was from Minnesota (and I believe the night the Braves moved ahead 3-2).  Holy shit, I did pushups for about 2 hours, all the while cussing Smoltz and Glavine.

That series......Lonnie Smith making little league mistakes on the base paths and then Bobby Cox bringing in Liebrandt to pitch to Puckett.   Puckett only had a .800 career average against him and almost half his hits were home runs.  Of course I didn't care as I wasn't a fan of either team, but it was painful to watch the better team totally fuck it up.

It was like Cox and the Braves were dominant in the Reg season but at some point in the playoffs, you knew they were going to blow it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »
I hadn't heard anything about Carp, just saw some message board stuff, but didn't read anything.  Avoding espn.com or the other sports sites to keep my blood pressure down.  Didn't see it on the Post Dispatch web site, either.

The hit and run in the 6th, against Wilson, where Pujols didn't swing baffles me.  It looked like Pujols put it on, but the pitch was so high, he couldn't swing.  I can't figure out why put it on there.  At that point, Wilson was struggling to find the strike zone.  And it looked like TLR wasn't sure what happened.

But after getting burned by it in the 6th, why the hell would you put it on in the 9th, down two runs?  You need base runners.  If Pujols takes it yard, it's tied.  But then the hit and run doesn't matter.  Again, Feliz wasn't looking sharp.  He hit Craig, and Pujols swung at a pitch really out of the zone, to start the double play.  And then he promptly walks Holliday (if only Berkman had seen the ball come out).

For the life of me, I can't figure out why put it on in the 9th.

I think I'd be more pissed if we hadn't won it in 06.  Yeah, it'll suck to lose.  But all I want out of the Cards is a shot every year.  And I think they are one of those teams that, while they won't make the playoffs every year, they'll give you a reason to at least watch into August/September.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 02:49:50 PM »
I didn't read anything about Carp...but after getting Napoli out...I think maybe in the 6th...you could clearly read his lips..."FUCK YEAH. YOU PIECE OF SHIT. FUCK YOU"...

It is when Napoli flied out to deep right center with man on 1st and third. I was shocked that he said it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 02:53:14 PM »
Found it...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 02:58:32 PM »
Meh, he does that to everyone.

It's part of the reason he and Nijel Morgan got into it.  He struck out Morgan, said something, Morgan threw his dip at him.  I just chalk it up to Carp being Carp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »
Meh, he does that to everyone.

It's part of the reason he and Nijel Morgan got into it.  He struck out Morgan, said something, Morgan threw his dip at him.  I just chalk it up to Carp being Carp.

oh...didn't realize he was an ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 03:10:02 PM »
oh...didn't realize he was an ass...

Oh big time.  You know how Cubs fans like Zambrano, but everyone else thinks he's a cock.. ok nevermind.

Yeah, he's a dick.  If he played for anyone else, I'd want him to get goat aids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 03:38:40 PM »
That's the World Series that made me hate the Braves.  I was in boot camp, and I get a letter from a buddy of mine who wrote "GO BRAVES!" on the back of the envelope.  DI on duty that night was from Minnesota (and I believe the night the Braves moved ahead 3-2).  Holy shit, I did pushups for about 2 hours, all the while cussing Smoltz and Glavine.

Fucking Jack Morris and Kirby Puckett (RIP).

And gotdamn you Charlie Leibrandt!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2011, 05:01:26 PM »
Fucking Jack Morris and Kirby Puckett (RIP).

And gotdamn you Charlie Leibrandt!

and this was the response I was looking for.  :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 12:43:39 AM »
Damn.  The birds just sent teh world series to game seven.  Don't sweat it Jarhead, the birds will win with ease tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 01:59:04 AM »
That may have been the best baseball game I've ever seen.  Certainly the best World Series game I can remember since maybe game 7 in 2001 (Arizona over NYY).

I'm not sure if my heart can take another game like tonights, I think I aged about 10 years.  Fuck, between Auburn Football, and Cardinal Baseball, I'm going to have a heart attack before I'm 40.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 03:55:46 AM »
That may have been the best baseball game I've ever seen.  Certainly the best World Series game I can remember since maybe game 7 in 2001 (Arizona over NYY).

I'm not sure if my heart can take another game like tonights, I think I aged about 10 years.  Fuck, between Auburn Football, and Cardinal Baseball, I'm going to have a heart attack before I'm 40.
One Hell of a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 01:56:25 PM »

I agree 110%.  I don't give a shit about either team, but I found myself watching anxiously and cheering for the Cardinals.  I will be watching game 7 tonight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2011, 02:14:37 PM »
I agree 110%.  I don't give a shit about either team, but I found myself watching anxiously and cheering for the Cardinals.  I will be watching game 7 tonight.
:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2011, 04:09:01 PM »
:facepalm:

You can't give me one moment of joy before you rip my heart out in the off season?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2011, 04:22:09 PM »
You can't give me one moment of joy before you rip my heart out in the off season?
Hahaha...we're going to get little Buddah anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »

I don't how you could be happy watching a traitor like Pujlos playing for your team.....you know he is chomping at the bit to be in Chicago!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2011, 04:31:43 PM »
I don't how you could be happy watching a traitor like Pujlos playing for your team.....you know he is chomping at the bit to be in Chicago!

And we get to see the newest O start for the Cards tonight, too. I hope he wins a Cy Young for y'all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2011, 04:33:25 PM »
And we get to see the newest O start for the Cards tonight, too. I hope he wins a Cy Young for y'all.

I wish Baltimore was smart enough to go after some pitching.   :sad:

Although it wouldn't surprise me to see them show some interest in CJ Wilson.......but they will probably pass b/c we have this guy in the minors that is going to be the shit.....tired of that already.  Buy some MLB pitching already.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 04:37:29 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions