Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Georgia Brawl?

Georgia Brawl?
« on: October 16, 2011, 12:15:43 AM »
I must have missed it, but supposedly, the actions by a certain Georgia coach in this picture led to an all out brawl between the two teams.

Any details?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Georgia Brawl?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 12:56:31 AM »
That's UGA's DC Todd Granthem (sp?). Not sure what happened either, but word on da skreets is that the brawl envolved players and coaches...something about Classless UGA players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 09:35:53 AM »
Grantham started it. That is NOT how you approach another coach to talk about something. I like James Franklin though now....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 02:03:33 PM »
Grantham started it. That is NOT how you approach another coach to talk about something. I like James Franklin though now....

James Franklin is the man.  I didn't know a whole lot about him prior to coming to Vandy.  Even after he came to Vandy, I didn't really like his demeanor initially.  He seemed to be way too calm about everything.  The way that he spoke came off, to me, as way too formal and overly practiced.  I didn't think he had any spirit.  I didn't think he had the ability to inspire or fire up a team, especially a traditionally weak football team that would need a fire lit under their ass.

But he's grown on me.  Recruiting?  He's done a damn fine job, whether it be because of him or because of the coaching staff that he's chosen.  And although the manner in which he's delivered most of his speeches doesn't fit my ideal of what a head coach should be, the message itself has been spot on.

He's seemed more fired up recently.  More emotional.  He's become very defensive of Vandy as if he's officially adopted them as his team now.  His post-game conference after the loss to Georgia is a great example:

I look forward to him staying around and seeing what he can do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »
James Franklin is the man.  I didn't know a whole lot about him prior to coming to Vandy.  Even after he came to Vandy, I didn't really like his demeanor initially.  He seemed to be way too calm about everything.  The way that he spoke came off, to me, as way too formal and overly practiced.  I didn't think he had any spirit.  I didn't think he had the ability to inspire or fire up a team, especially a traditionally weak football team that would need a fire lit under their ass.

But he's grown on me.  Recruiting?  He's done a damn fine job, whether it be because of him or because of the coaching staff that he's chosen.  And although the manner in which he's delivered most of his speeches doesn't fit my ideal of what a head coach should be, the message itself has been spot on.

He's seemed more fired up recently.  More emotional.  He's become very defensive of Vandy as if he's officially adopted them as his team now.  His post-game conference after the loss to Georgia is a great example:

I look forward to him staying around and seeing what he can do.

Agree. Uga is just being their normal thug selves. Franklin is uber cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 10:55:40 PM »
Holy shit.  I didn't realize Dollar General sponsored anything. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions