Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Clint Mosley, and other stuff.

JR4AU

Clint Mosley, and other stuff.
« on: October 16, 2011, 04:22:51 PM »
All the post game talk indicates he's now the #1 guy.  They decided we needed a spark, and he did enough.  He wasn't great, but he gave guys a chance to catch the ball...he made decisions, and didn't do anything to get us beat.  Work in Frazier as we have been doing, and if Mosley can improve at all, we will present teams some problems they wouldn't have otherwise faced.   We need Blake back too.  The defense is playing much better.  Yeah, Florida sucked, but our DBs are playing the ball, and we shut down their run last night.  We tackled better too.   

Not much else really.  That win was huge!  I think it may be possible to get 8 regular season wins with UGA being #8. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Clint Mosley, and other stuff.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 04:47:47 PM »
I think Moseley solidified himself after doing three things:

1.  Throwing it on target down field.
2.  Actually throwing the ball on time with the routes.
3.  Throwing it away when he was under pressure. 

Malzahn's offense has to be able to stretch the field.  You get the other team playing 7 guys in the box, and Malzahn suddenly gashes them for 300+ yards rushing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »
Trotter looked like somebody shit in his helmet when they showed him on the sidelines. 

People react to being challenged in two ways.  They either get seriously fucking motivated and grab the challenge or they start to try not to make a mistake so they don't lose their place.  He took the latter path.  It is the path to doom. 

He played prevent defense with his career.  So afraid to make a mistake he couldn't make a decision. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 05:08:30 PM »
I loved when they showed Trotter on the sideline singing along with the band. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 05:48:29 PM »
I loved when they showed Trotter on the sideline singing along with the band.
Yeah, that was pretty funny. Maybe he'll get some more reps in mop up time against Samford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »
Trotter looked like somebody shit in his helmet when they showed him on the sidelines. 

People react to being challenged in two ways.  They either get seriously fucking motivated and grab the challenge or they start to try not to make a mistake so they don't lose their place.  He took the latter path.  It is the path to doom. 

He played prevent defense with his career.  So afraid to make a mistake he couldn't make a decision.

Probably as good an assessment as any.  Why?  Who knows.  He watched Chris Todd execute the offense at a decent level.  Trotter has better physical tools.  Better arm, better wheels.  Trotter is smart.  He's already graduated.   He's quiet and conservative.  Probably something in his nature that is just leery of making decisions on the fly. 

Did the coaches make a mistake having him think Mosley was hot on his heels?  I don't think so...I think if you're weak psychologically, sooner or later that will be exposed with adversity.   You want a guy that responds to competition, not shrinks from it back there.  Look at Cam.  He was so care free.  Hell the dude dressed like a fairy for the Halloween party.  He fucking knew he's the man. 

I hate it for the young man.  He waited his turn and worked, but in the end, he's not got what it takes mentally. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions