Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fuck Around The Horn

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Fuck Around The Horn
« on: October 13, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »
 :fu:

Just discussed "Are you ok with no punishment for Auburn?" Not "no violations". "No punishment."

Every pundit except Woody Paige said there's a zero percent chance that we didn't get away with cheating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Fuck Around The Horn
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 05:59:01 PM »
What completely chaps my ass about the whole damn thing is that it was completely - COMPLETELY - based on an "If/Then" assumption:

IF Cecil solicited MSU, THEN he solicited Auburn.  IF Cam went to Auburn, THEN it was because Auburn paid.

WHY DOES THAT AUTOMATICALLY AND IRREVOCABLY HAVE TO BE TRUE?????

FUCK!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
Add Colin Cowherd (and Vandy Vol) to the "Fuck You" list.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7096191
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 06:23:30 PM »

Don't make me do this at your wedding reception.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 06:32:28 PM »
What pisses me off about the Colin Cowherd clip is that he made some snide comment about how the SEC gets away with murder.

That's why Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, and South Carolina all recently got busted and/or are on probation.

The NCAA is protecting it's big named schools and punishing the no-names.

That's why Bama, FSU, & USC are on probation. That's why Ohio State, Miami, LSU, Oregon, etc. just got popped.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 08:57:11 PM »
Calm down, everyone.  It's the same idiots spitting the same bullshit they were spitting a year ago.  Fuck em. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 09:52:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 10:07:56 PM »
What completely chaps my ass about the whole damn thing is that it was completely - COMPLETELY - based on an "If/Then" assumption:

IF Cecil solicited MSU, THEN he solicited Auburn.  IF Cam went to Auburn, THEN it was because Auburn paid.

WHY DOES THAT AUTOMATICALLY AND IRREVOCABLY HAVE TO BE TRUE?????

FUCK!

To get there, you must first start with a "fact" that isn't known to anyone but the parties, and MAYBE the NCAA, and that is who first floated the idea of paying for Cam, Cecil, or Rogers.  You must assume Cecil actually solicited money, rather than merely going along with Rogers offer.   I firmly believe the NCAA's decisions on this turn on them knowing it was more Rogers floating the idea and Cecil passively going along.  I believe if they had an admission, or credible evidence he actually hatched the plan, and tried to carry it out, that Cam would have been ruled ineligible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 10:59:58 PM »
To get there, you must first start with a "fact" that isn't known to anyone but the parties, and MAYBE the NCAA, and that is who first floated the idea of paying for Cam, Cecil, or Rogers.  You must assume Cecil actually solicited money, rather than merely going along with Rogers offer.   I firmly believe the NCAA's decisions on this turn on them knowing it was more Rogers floating the idea and Cecil passively going along.  I believe if they had an admission, or credible evidence he actually hatched the plan, and tried to carry it out, that Cam would have been ruled ineligible.

I was more referring to the leaps in logic made by your average Updyke fuckstick, but the allegedly credible members of the media jumped to the absolute same conclusions...

But yeah.  This shit was all SO thirteen months ago.  Fuck 'em.  We won.  Live in the now!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 07:54:52 AM »
I was more referring to the leaps in logic made by your average Updyke fuckstick, but the allegedly credible members of the media jumped to the absolute same conclusions...

But yeah.  This shit was all SO thirteen months ago.  Fuck 'em.  We won.  Live in the now!

The same leaps are made by all who think Auburn should be punished because "Cecil admitted to shopping Cam around"...therefore....blah, blah, blah.  They start off with a false premise, then make huge leaps of logic from there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 09:30:46 AM »
I'm surprised at the quantity of people, especially in the major media, who refuse to eat crow and let it go.

They all think they know more than the NCAA after nearly 100 interviews, phone and bank record audits, and essentially a deep anal probe of Auburn. But they "just know" he's guilty. They don't have any proof to back that up. Except, of course, the semantics game that Joe Schad reported that a still anonymous source said Cam was on a voicemail tape (that still hasn't surfaced) that said "the money was too much." As far as I'm concerned "the money was too much" was a complete fabrication. That, and the fact that what we supposedly know for a fact is that he "shopped his son around."  USA Today worded a quote from an anonymous source that "Cecil Newton Admits to seeking money from a former Mississippi State Player". I think this, again, is a semantics play. I'm seeking money too, if they're offering. The fact that Cecil didn't "seek" money from any other team that recruited him, and oh yeah...the fact that the NCAA found no wrongdoings at Auburn, shouuld tell you that the problem started and ended at MSU. From the coaches...err...boosters...errr..."recruiters"...who made the offer to Dan Mullen himself.

ESPN has egg on their face for perpetuating these rumors, so now they either flat out ignore his exoneration, or have their "opinion" guys discuss how it was a miscarriage of justice. Again, I say, on what do you base this besides your need to be "right"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 09:35:16 AM »
I'm surprised at the quantity of people, especially in the major media, who refuse to eat crow and let it go.

They all think they know more than the NCAA after nearly 100 interviews, phone and bank record audits, and essentially a deep anal probe of Auburn. But they "just know" he's guilty. They don't have any proof to back that up. Except, of course, the semantics game that Joe Schad reported that a still anonymous source said Cam was on a voicemail tape (that still hasn't surfaced) that said "the money was too much." As far as I'm concerned "the money was too much" was a complete fabrication. That, and the fact that what we supposedly know for a fact is that he "shopped his son around."  USA Today worded a quote from an anonymous source that "Cecil Newton Admits to seeking money from a former Mississippi State Player". I think this, again, is a semantics play. I'm seeking money too, if they're offering. The fact that Cecil didn't "seek" money from any other team that recruited him, and oh yeah...the fact that the NCAA found no wrongdoings at Auburn, shouuld tell you that the problem started and ended at MSU. From the coaches...err...boosters...errr..."recruiters"...who made the offer to Dan Mullen himself.

ESPN has egg on their face for perpetuating these rumors, so now they either flat out ignore his exoneration, or have their "opinion" guys discuss how it was a miscarriage of justice. Again, I say, on what do you base this besides your need to be "right"?

It's basic. They all went out on a limb to proclaim him guilty. They were all wrong. Now, pride is getting the better of them (yes, media figures have a huge ego) and they are doing anything and using any kind of fuzzy logic to cover their asses. Clay Travis is the case in point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 10:40:37 AM »
Another one of the WER guys takes the same position I do:  smoke does not always equal fire.  Sometimes, it's just smoke.

So Auburn has been investigated, weighed and measured, and not found wanting.  Oodles of interviews later, after TV episodes, an eternity of radio hours, pointed fingers and forked tongues, nothing.

But, but—where there’s smoke, there’s fire! Not a false principle, but not a principle such that if its premise is true, it conclusion necessarily follows.  What it really amounts to is—if there is smoke, there is probably fire.  The same kind of thing is true of the argument that many liked:  Cam’s father asked for money from Mississippi State, so he must have asked for money from Auburn.  (And since Cam came to Auburn, Auburn must have ponied up.)  At best, that argument could only establish a probability.  It is consistent with both arguments that their premises could be true even while their conclusions are false.  And it now appears that their conclusions are false.   After all that investigating, nothing.  So it is likely that nothing in fact happened.  Sure, it could have.  But that now means little more than that it is logically possible that Cam got money but the NCAA could not find out anything about it.  A reasonable person must now know that it is unlikely that Auburn paid Cam (or any of the HBO Four).

National championship?  Check.  Heisman?  Check.  National mediots embarrassed?  Check.

The only principle that is sure here, and the only one that appears to apply is this:  Where there’s smoke, there’s smoke.  And now even the smoke has cleared.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »

Quote from: Colin Cowherd
<sarcasm>...not a single SEC program has a hint of impropriety.</sarcasm>

Is this guy aware that Vandy's in the SEC?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions