Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Is the SEC Down?

Is the SEC Down?
« on: October 10, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
Common fodder for the losing end of the rivalry, but I'm starting to sincerely believe that the SEC is down as a whole.  Not just a little down because LSU and Bama are shining.  But WAY down as in historically bad. 

Alabama and LSU this year have the two best teams in the country.  I have no doubt that these two teams would compete in any conference any year for the conference championship. 

With that out of the way:

Arkansas - A very good team, but obliterated by Alabama.  Barely got by Texas A&M and the score against Auburn was worse than the tape.  If AU had any semblance of an offense, this game goes down to the wire. 

Auburn - Defense is swiss cheese (that's an improvement from thin air) and the offense is stifled.  No quarterback play.  Only a few playmakers at running back. 

Miss State - An embarassment.  A laughable debacle.  A stinky turd. 

Ole Miss - It's not just the coach.  It's not just the team.  It's the entire athletic department.  Oh wait, even the president is involved in this pathetic excuse for a football program. 

Georgia - Some think this team has found their footing.  I think they struggled to beat a depleted, piss-poor Tennessee team.  Their defense may be the most respectable part of the SEC East.

South Carolina - Connor Shaw may be the answer to the woes in Columbia, but no one can bank on that yet.  Besides the Kentucky game, South Carolina's offense has relied solely on Lattimore and even Auburn's shoddy defense took care of him. 

Florida - Injured starting quarterback.  Little threat in the passing game to begin with.  Defense is giving up large numbers.  Young inexperienced head coach.

Tennessee - Injured starting quaterback.  Injured starting wide receiver.  Injured starting running back.  A terrible defense.  The jury's still out on Dooley. 

Kentucky - Historically bad.  Possibly the worst SEC team in a long, long time.

Vanderbilt - On the rise, but still Vandy.  Their good showing against Alabama was a 34-0 blowout. 

Am I offbase here?  It seems to me that the SEC could have issues come bowl season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Is the SEC Down?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
MSU has been a huge disappointment. Not to me.  They'll always be MSU to me.  I thought UT would be a team that no one wanted to play by the end of the year because I really like Tyler Bray.  Kid's just getting better and better.  Now...not so much.  I'm with you on the Arky thing but I'll reserve judgment until we see how it plays out.  Same with Prick University.  Connor Shaw may be the answer.  Tons of athletes with no leader until now.  Jawja is slowly creeping back up, playing good defense and enough offense to win.  Could be pretty damn good by season's end with that schedule. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 09:13:14 PM »
Whenever Vanderbilt is tied for 1st place (as they were before getting throttled by uat), then yes it's a bad year for the SEC minus 2 or 3 programs...LSU, UA & uat (I think Arkansas will either win out with one loss to uat or go 10-2 with LSU loss at the end.) LSU will go 11-1 with their loss coming from uat....

uat will go undefeated and smash whomever they play in the SEC Championship Game and in the BCS Championship Game in New Orleans
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Yoda

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 10:02:53 PM »
Uhmmm......yes, it's a two team league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx