Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn-Arkansas thread

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Auburn-Arkansas thread
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 12:56:57 AM »
Hell, I'm all for Moseley getting some reps now.

It is time!

KF is not ready for the full ride. Give Mosely a chance and continue to work KF in. Keep his passes short and sweet.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 02:10:51 AM »
Oct. 09, 2011 12:15 a.m. - by Jay Tate - Malzahn: Trotter's job is safe
QB Barrett Trotter didn't play well in Auburn's 38-14 loss to Arkansas, but his job remains safe. OC Gus Malzahn said he never pondered replacing Trotter with backup Clint Moseley. "We were just going one possession at a time," he said. "That thought never crossed my mind." Trotter was 6-of-19 for 81 yards. Tigers RapidReports

:Facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 12:14:33 PM »
Oct. 09, 2011 12:15 a.m. - by Jay Tate - Malzahn: Trotter's job is safe
QB Barrett Trotter didn't play well in Auburn's 38-14 loss to Arkansas, but his job remains safe. OC Gus Malzahn said he never pondered replacing Trotter with backup Clint Moseley. "We were just going one possession at a time," he said. "That thought never crossed my mind." Trotter was 6-of-19 for 81 yards. Tigers RapidReports

:Facepalm:
I want to be angry, really I do, but after seeing Frazier throw last night, I am just numb. The best we can hope for this season is 8 wins, worst case is 6. We have nothing to lose - let's go with the boy from Leroy. Trotter, bless his heart, just doesn't have what it takes. Let him hold the play board on the sideline, and Benton can flip the number placards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 12:21:47 PM »
Benton is a waste of a scholarship.  Three years, and nothing.  Why the hell was LSU so upset that he chose AU?  I'm willing to let them have him.  I'm also looking at Trooper Taylor with this issue.  Why the fuck can our receiving corps not get open or catch the fucking ball when they do?  Seems like he always had good/great receivers at UT. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 12:30:56 PM »
Benton is a waste of a scholarship.  Three years, and nothing.  Why the hell was LSU so upset that he chose AU?  I'm willing to let them have him.  I'm also looking at Trooper Taylor with this issue.  Why the fuck can our receiving corps not get open or catch the fucking ball when they do?  Seems like he always had good/great receivers at UT.

Benton is the exception, not the rule under Trooper, unlike Knox who wasted numerous talented WRs.  Our best 2 are hurt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
I had to be somewhere at 7:00. It killed me not to be able to see the game. Until I saw how it turned out.

I watched the first quarter. I left when we were up 14-7. I was pumped. Dyer broke off that 80 yard run. Frazier commandeered a successful drive that ended in him running a TD in. A couple of nice passes on that drive as well. The defense looked like men. Tacking hard.

Then I walked into this thing. Every time I cycled the score on my phone, it was bad news. WTF happened?

Watched the other 3 quarters this morning.

Started unraveling slightly in the 2nd. Still manageable, but the defense started making sparse mistakes. Offense started sputtering. Mistakes cost us two unanswered touchdowns. But we could still rebound after some halftime adjustments.

Second half was just  :facepalm: . Not the least of which being that 92 yd touchdown. It was pretty much over after that.

I will say, while Frazier made a couple of mistakes, namely the two INTs. But I'd still rateher see him in. At least he's a threat to run, and Trotter isn't a threat to do shit but get sacked or throw a pick. And most importantly, for the sake of gaining experience for the future. I'd prefer we mix up the running game (more Mason) and adding Frazier as an additional ground threat.

If we can beat Florida this weekend, we will still have exceeded my expectations for this year.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 03:41:53 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »
Benton is the exception, not the rule under Trooper, unlike Knox who wasted numerous talented WRs.  Our best 2 are hurt.

If that's so, who else has looked worth a damn so far?  Even with our top two out, there has been talent recruited at WR and nobody is getting open or catching the damn ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 08:39:34 PM »
He can blame the drops on the WRs if he wants, but the problem is the same one Cam had the first five games. He is not recognizing the WR until he is open. If you wait till a guy is open to throw it, your window is very short. So you throw the hell out of it. Cam threw so hard that Adams would let it slip through his hands. I'm not sure how hard Trot throws, but it loils o be pretty hard. If Trot can get his early recognition Working, we can get started.

KF is not ready and it would be a blood bath the rest of the season to go with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »
If that's so, who else has looked worth a damn so far?  Even with our top two out, there has been talent recruited at WR and nobody is getting open or catching the damn ball.

TV doesn't give you camera angles that allow you to see the routes really develop.  I don't know that they're not getting open.  I know this, on some plays I saw early in the season on replays, Trotter hit "open" receivers WAY late.  The Stallworth TD in the Utah State game comes to mind.  He'd been open from the minute he left the line of scrimmage, and ran free all the way across the field.  Trotter didn't hit him until he was at the numbers on the opposite side of the field. 

Against SEC defenses, if you throw WHEN they are open, it's usually too late.  You have to anticipate them getting open. 

Trotter is failing to see them and anticipate who will be open, and of late, he's rocketing every ball, and missing many badly. 

I saw Trotter's flaws early too, but expected he'd progress.  He's regressed.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions