Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

VS. Florida

VS. Florida
« on: October 09, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »
Something I didn't realize, but Florida....

In the two games combined, it allowed 464 yards and seven touchdowns on the ground, providing a blueprint for success for its second-half opponents.

For some reason, I thought Florida was doing well against the run.  This at least makes me feel better about next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: VS. Florida
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 05:16:52 PM »
When we provide no threat of a passing game, UF will be able to put 9, 10, or even 11 in the box to shut us down.  Hell if they stack the box with 11 I'm not sure we have a qb that could make them pay. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 05:17:44 PM »
Going into the Bama game, I think they were ranked #1 nationally against the run.  BUT, they had those stats against Florida Atlantic, UAB, and Kentucky. 

I still think they have a decent defense, but they've had their asses handed to them for the last 2 weeks.  I don't see how they can keep up with Auburn in this game.  If AU starts out strong (like they normally do at home) I don't see how Florida can keep this game close.  They can't pass.  They won't even attempt to pass.  And Jeffery Demps will likely be out again this week. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 05:18:15 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 05:32:40 PM »
When we provide no threat of a passing game, UF will be able to put 9, 10, or even 11 in the box to shut us down.  Hell if they stack the box with 11 I'm not sure we have a qb that could make them pay.

Sadly, this is true. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 05:44:21 PM »
These two teams are nearly mirror images. Give AU the edge on defense, though. That unit has showed steady signs of improvement the last few games. I think if AU had put in a male cheerleader or something in at QB, AU could have won last night. I just don't think UF has the offense to put many points on the board. I don't think they can contain Dyer either. AU's defense will put a score on the board, AU wins by 2 scores.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 09:00:32 PM »
It is a winnable game.  It's the game that can make or break the season really, assuming the QB situation doesn't get any better.  Win this one, and we're virtually assured of 7 wins, and a bowl.  The bowl practice time will be invaluable to this team.   Maybe we could sneak 8 wins in this year, then next season Pike and Frazier can battle it out to see who carries the team on a championship run in 2013.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 11:32:11 AM »
It is a winnable game.  It's the game that can make or break the season really, assuming the QB situation doesn't get any better.  Win this one, and we're virtually assured of 7 wins, and a bowl.  The bowl practice time will be invaluable to this team.   

Agree with this, especially the part in bold.

Also, if we beat an injured Florida and a spastic Ole Miss, both at home, we're 3-2 in an October most predicted us to exit winless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.