Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jonathon Gray

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Jonathon Gray
« on: October 08, 2011, 11:13:51 AM »
Last night I went to watch Aledo play the high school my step daughter goes to. Aledo is home to Jonathon Gray. The #1 RB in the nation and the #6 over all prospect in the nation.

Holy. Shit.

This dude is a bad ass. If I didn't know better...if I had not watched 4 or 5 games this year that Byron Nelson High School has played, I would have thought they just sucked ass. I would have thought that the only reason that Gray was so good was because he is playing against weak competition.

I know better.

I don't think that Byron Nelson as many Div. I players, but they aren't a bunch of scrubs. Until last night, they were 4-1 and have been playing pretty good football. This is Class 4A football in Texas, so it is not a bad program

Gray looked like he was playing with elementary kids. When I left in the middle of the third quarter, he had scored 5 TD's and had TD called back at the end of the half on a 85 yard screen pass.

Dude is bad ass. He touched the ball maybe 30% of the time, and I only think the coaches did that because they wanted the other players to try and make something happen. They pretty much didn't give him the ball on most 1st or 2nd downs, because if they did, there was a good chance he would score. He scored from every where. And it wasn't like the defense was out of position. It didn't matter. The couldn't fucking touch the kid...much less tackle him.

It was unreal.

He is the best player I have ever seen play high school ball. And I have seen a lot of high school ball.

Now, I will say this. When he didn't have the ball, he didn't do shit. Literally. He just stood there. He didn't block. He didn't carry out a fake...nothing. This dude has mad skills, but I will be eager to see how it translates to big boy football when he is asked to pick up a blitz or run a play action.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

Re: Jonathon Gray
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 11:17:55 AM »
Oh yeah...another thing I realized.

I went and watched his film on Rivals before I watched him play and was not impressed. After watching him play, I now know why...

He is so good it is effortless. He is so good that it looks like he is not even trying. I really compare it to me playing with a bunch of 11 and 12 year olds when I was in college. Sure, they may tackle me sometime, but you could toy with them and still score pretty easily. That's what he did. Toyed with people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 02:29:28 PM »
Have you seen TJ Yeldon play yet? 

He'd be just as amazing if he wasn't getting only 3-5 carries per game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »
Holy shit!  Gray scored 59 touchdowns his junior year and 50 his sophomore year. 

That's insane.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 02:31:55 PM »
Have you seen TJ Yeldon play yet? 

He'd be just as amazing if he wasn't getting only 3-5 carries per game.

No. And that's what I hear.

Same with this dude. They couldn't give it to him on 1st or 2nd down because the drives would all consist of 1 play...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions