Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TCU to Big XII

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: TCU to Big XII
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 09:34:57 AM »
Hold off on splitting up the Mizzou women. 

I hear today there are two or three blocking the SEC vote. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 10:44:29 AM »
Hold off on splitting up the Mizzou women. 

I hear today there are two or three blocking the SEC vote.

Heard the same thing.  They said the majority voted them in but still short of the votes required.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 10:54:48 AM »
Heard the same thing.  They said the majority voted them in but still short of the votes required.

According to most accounts, 75% voted in a positive fashion for Mizzou... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 10:58:48 AM »
According to most accounts, 75% voted in a positive fashion for Mizzou...

WWWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 10:59:40 AM »

Format?  I dunno...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
Format?  I dunno...

Why we would want to reach out to Mizzou, I'll never know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »

I'm thinking it probably wasn't a good idea for one of their "annonymous" sources "from the Missouri Administration" allow, in print, their dissapoinment in not being invited to the B1G10 to be made public.  You know, cause I know in most interviews with potential invites/ employment is to express your dissapointment in that you're now interviewing for a second (or worse) choice.

Fuck'em.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 11:11:17 AM »

To fill the 14th slot. 

Finebaum has said one thing lately that I agree with.  The way this whole expansion deal has, and is playing out makes the SEC look a little clumsy. 

My take is like I said before, they told aTm to wait until they had #14 lined up, then they'd make the move.  aTm got too nervous and started looking at other options, and the SEC took them in as #13 out of fear of being left behind without further plans to complete the league.  Now, they're in a bind.  You can't play a fair league schedule, with unequally sized divisions. 

On the bright side, maybe it's a stopgap measure.  TCU?  Did they every play a Big East Game?  Nope, now they're in the Big 12.  Maybe we replace Mizzou in a year or 2. 

Bottom line...WE are the Jones, and we shouldn't be trying to keep up.  The SEC would have been just fine the way it was.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:12:31 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 11:16:48 AM »
To fill the 14th slot. 

Finebaum has said one thing lately that I agree with.  The way this whole expansion deal has, and is playing out makes the SEC look a little clumsy. 

My take is like I said before, they told aTm to wait until they had #14 lined up, then they'd make the move.  aTm got too nervous and started looking at other options, and the SEC took them in as #13 out of fear of being left behind without further plans to complete the league.  Now, they're in a bind.  You can't play a fair league schedule, with unequally sized divisions. 

On the bright side, maybe it's a stopgap measure.  TCU?  Did they every play a Big East Game?  Nope, now they're in the Big 12.  Maybe we replace Mizzou in a year or 2. 

Bottom line...WE are the Jones, and we shouldn't be trying to keep up.  The SEC would have been just fine the way it was.

Has to be percieved as a shot at Missouri also in a sense that by rejection, and potentially having to stay at 13 teams, the SEC Schools have essentially chosen a difficult unbalanced schedule over an even 14.  I just don't think after Missouri announced they they were basically settling on the SEC, that the SEC prez's were going to just settle on them in return. 

The situation is so fluid, I don't think it was time to make a move yet.  Probably many conversations with other schools behind the scenes to make definitive moves at this time.  Too early.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »
Has to be percieved as a shot at Missouri also in a sense that by rejection, and potentially having to stay at 13 teams, the SEC Schools have essentially chosen a difficult unbalanced schedule over an even 14.  I just don't think after Missouri announced they they were basically settling on the SEC, that the SEC prez's were going to just settle on them in return. 

The situation is so fluid, I don't think it was time to make a move yet.  Probably many conversations with other schools behind the scenes to make definitive moves at this time.  Too early.

I think it all depends on how nervous Slive is about it all, and if he'll exert influence and pressure on the "No Votes" to get this wrapped up, or if he's willing to suffer the growing pains of a season with a wonky schedule and wait on a better fit to break loose from it's current situation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »
I think it all depends on how nervous Slive is about it all, and if he'll exert influence and pressure on the "No Votes" to get this wrapped up, or if he's willing to suffer the growing pains of a season with a wonky schedule and wait on a better fit to break loose from it's current situation.

I think it's the latter...

Slive is slick enough to have allowed this to go to vote, knowing it wasn't going to pass.  Maybe? Never know. Again, some of the way this is working is to make the rest of the country know you're "not" pursuing a 14th, even when you obviously are.  Missouri still might make it into the SEC, but it won't be until other teams have had their chance to present their interest/non-intrest first.  It's all happening quick, but like in a game of chicken, you don't want to flinch this early.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 11:50:15 AM »

Other teams will have to carry the SEC load and what do they get out of the deal? A cheeseburger?

Mizzou brings nothing to the table.  It's like they are lining up to scrounge money from the rest of the SEC. If they can't pay their own way why should we foot the bill?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »
Other teams will have to carry the SEC load and what do they get out of the deal? A cheeseburger?

From Hamblor? God of Hamburgers?  Could swing a vote...

Mizzou brings nothing to the table.  It's like they are lining up to scrounge money from the rest of the SEC. If they can't pay their own way why should we foot the bill?

Agreed. I'm wondering WHO is out there potentially, that has SEC interest, would be anyone that brings an actual market and a product to the show that makes this whole thing worth while.  I don't know who that would be yet.  I have ideas like anyone else, but I'm not sure who would that's truly interested.  I still have to think that team is in the ACC still...  I don't give a damn, I have to STILL think VA Tech, Clemson, FSU and others are still waiting and watching are still prospects till it's definitively over.  JMO...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 11:58:17 AM »

Didn't need aTm either, but we took them in, and now we have to take the bad too.  It was a bad idea when Slive thought we needed to expand or be left behind.  Hell, nobody's caught up yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 12:03:32 PM »

This is prehistoric thinking on the SEC's part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 12:11:46 PM »
This is prehistoric thinking on the SEC's part.

I wish Slive would let people vote.  Hell, everybody who's anybody has an iPad.  Just put an app out there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »
I wish Slive would let people vote.  Hell, everybody who's anybody has an iPad. 

You got that right.   #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE