Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

They're Just So Fast

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
They're Just So Fast
« on: October 07, 2011, 02:47:37 PM »
Stayed up later than I wanted to last night watching Oregon and Cal.  A couple of observations.  LaMichael James headed into the start of the 4th quarter with just under 240 yards.  I give him credick..yes, Auburn kept him in check but he really is a bad ass.  I give Auburn and LSU more of the credit than discounting his abilities.  He can't help it if his line looks like a bunch of JC rejects.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.  He should be out of the Heisman race though after suffering a nasty looking elbow injury. 

Cal could have hung with them all night if their QB wasn't the most pathetic piece of tortoise shit I've ever seen.  This guy made Stephon Garcia look like John Elway.  Cal did have a bad ass RB of their own but my question is whether the PAC 10,11,12 has some rule that says no skill position players can be over 5'8" 160 pounds.

I guess it doesn't matter though.  They don't need size because...... 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: They're Just So Fast
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 02:56:25 PM »
He said in an ESPN interview that he's good to go later in the season. 

Three straight 200+ yard games is pretty stout.  I don't care what conference opponents you play. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 03:02:45 PM »

Three straight 200+ yard games is pretty stout.  I don't care what conference opponents you play.

Not excatley the mecca of defenses.

Nevada W 69-20 --
  Sat, Sep 17 Missouri State W 56-7 --
  Sat, Sep 24 at Arizona W 56-31 --
  Thu, Oct 6 California
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »

He's Onterrio McCalebb with more fragile wheels.   Seriously.  Put Onterrio on that team and he's racking up 300 a game too. 

Don't get caught up in the bullshit.  Because it is just that.  Bullshit.  In the SEC, James is a kick returner. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 03:20:52 PM »
I think if you put him behind a legit SEC line..and yes, in this conference, I think he still racks up good numbers.  Certainly not close to what he's doing now, but good numbers just the same.  The fact is they have a ton of micro skill position players on that team and in that league, but James is a cut above all of them.  JMHO

This definitely is the year of the back, especially in the SEC.  Trent Richardson may look damn good in a 3-piece suit, but he's damn impressive running the ball too.  I can't poke holes in his game to this point. Dyer has one game over 140 yards and two over 150.  He's averaging 20 carries a game..ONLY because they road that horse for 41 against the Pricks.  Just think about his stats if he was really averaging over 20 a game.  Lattimore at UPenis is legit (Despite his 3rd straight ass raping by AU) Crowell looks very good in spots too.  And out of these guys, Dyer may be the smallest back in the bunch and he's in that 205-210 range.

Damn, the SEC is tough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »
I heard Jones on Brando today and he made the same comments.  he used the analogy of John Wooden saying he didn't watch film on the other team because they were always going to do what they've always done. Same defense, same offensive sets etc.  I didn't know about the rift when I heard Jones say it and he was definitely saying it as a compliment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 03:48:20 PM »
Meh...he's no Trent Richardson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 03:50:27 PM »
Meh...he's no Trent Richardson.

"Truck" ....lol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions