Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

American Horror Story

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: American Horror Story
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2011, 10:22:31 AM »
Got to say I was unhappy with the sappy happy resolution to the season. 

Great series overall but the resolution was just too tidy. It was like the writers said "well, we fucked with their minds long enough.  Let's just put a bow on it and add nothing with spice or intrigue.

Be curious how season two unfolds. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2011, 10:39:07 AM »
Got to say I was unhappy with the sappy happy resolution to the season. 

Great series overall but the resolution was just too tidy. It was like the writers said "well, we fucked with their minds long enough.  Let's just put a bow on it and add nothing with spice or intrigue.

Be curious how season two unfolds.

I was a bit dissappointed too. The finale was all over the place. They stuck a lot in that episode and it felt really rushed. The part where they were trying to scare the new family out of the house was stupid. It was like Beetlejuice.

I am not sure how they are going to do Season 2. I would guess more with the little demon child and less with the house? I don't know. It seems there is a "good vs. bad" thing going now with the ghosts of the house, but there is only so much to keep my attention than a new family moving in and then getting scared out.

Will be interesting. Does anyone know if they have the new season planned yet or when it will come back?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2012, 11:53:32 PM »
Just caught up on this show.

I think it was the best show I've possibly ever seen.

I feel like they wrapped it up as if it were a one-season mini-series, although starting with like the third episode I thought they were answering too much too quick. Despite that, it never disappointed me in coming up with new questions and twists. I suspect season 2 to continue doing that.

Like you guys, I was expecting a new couple to move into the house at the end of this season. But I didn't expect them to be out already. As for the "big reveal" you guys were talking about a few pages back? I definitely saw that one coming from the moment she was given the pills. After Tate brought her in the shower, I thought the audience was supposed to realize what happened. With her not going to school, staying in her room, and not eating for weeks. I figured that was intentionally obvious.

Look forward to next season. If there's going to be one.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:05:28 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2012, 11:59:50 PM »
According to Wikipedia:

In October 2011, the FX Network renewed the series for a second season. In December 2011, series co-creator Ryan Murphy announced his plans to change the characters and location for the second season.[4] In March 2012, Murphy revealed that the second season has been designed for Jessica Lange, saying: "This will really be the Jessica Lange show so I’m very excited about it. We are designing this amazing new opposite of the Constance character for her. She and I have spoken about different things. She has a lot of ideas, and has a lot of input into her character. She told me some things she has always wanted to play as an actress."[8] Zachary Quinto, who had a minor role as Chad in the first season, was confirmed as one of the male leads in March 2012.[9] At the William S. Paley Television Festival, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, and Lily Rabe were confirmed to return in unspecified roles.[10] It was also reported in March 2012 that Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine is in negotiations to appear in the second season. He will be playing a "contemporary character and half of a couple known only as 'The Lovers'", according to Tim Stack of Entertainment Weekly. The show's producers will be accommodating Levine's busy summer schedule.[11]
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 07:59:21 AM »

I feel like they wrapped it up as if it were a one-season mini-series

Unknown to me at least, this was the original intent.  Each season of the show was supposed to be a new and different story which is why the entire arc completed at the end of season one.  That was to be the end of that house and those people. 

But the success of the show apparently created a conundrum.  I can hear the Fox executives now.

"She just won a fucking Emmy.  You seriously telling us you're going to just ditch the Constance character and put Jessica Lange on the shelf?  No.  I don't think so.  And that house?  It's iconic.  People associate that house with the show.  It's got its own personality.  You can't eliminate it.  So get your happy asses back to your trailers and think of something else.  Now, dammit. Go."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2012, 08:01:55 AM »
  I can hear the Fox executives now.

I have never credited them with an over abundance of smarts since Firefly got cancelled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »
I feel like the only question they left unanswered that demanded an explanation was why does the maid look like a haggard old lady to women?

As a ghost, it appears to be her default form, but clearly it's not the real her considering A) Constance's husband cheated on her with her, and B) When the police are interrogating Constance, they show a picture of the young, hot version of her attached to her file.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2012, 08:26:03 AM »
I feel like the only question they left unanswered that demanded an explanation was why does the maid look like a haggard old lady to women?

As a ghost, it appears to be her default form, but clearly it's not the real her considering A) Constance's husband cheated on her with her, and B) When the police are interrogating Constance, they show a picture of the young, hot version of her attached to her file.

That was answered. 

Men see what they want to see, women see things as they are. 

She addressed that in one of the episodes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »
That was answered. 

Now I know this show is fiction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2012, 09:23:29 AM »

Now I know this show is fiction.

You are correct. In fact, its just the opposite in real life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2012, 09:40:56 AM »
That was answered. 

I don't know that I accept that as a full explanation.

Like I said, she obviously really looked like that in life. Both evidenced by her file when the detectives confront Constance, and the fact that her husband lusted after her the way he did while she was alive. When they show Constance shooting them both, she saw Moira as the young vixen.

No one else in the house ages a day beyond when they died. Tate hasn't aged a day. The Montgomery haven't aged a day. Why Moira?

She only became the old hag as a ghost. Why?

If anything, "Men see what they want to see, women see things as they are" just confuses the issue more, because Sani's dead on. It's completely the other way around. The men see her as she was in life, and only the women see her as the old glass-eyed woman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions