Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alabama Immigration Law

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Re: Alabama Immigration Law
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »
I live in GA. I hope we pass the same damn thing quickly. Cause they all packing up and moving this way!

Actually, the GA bill has passed and should be in effect.  It's very similar to Alabama's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GarMan

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2011, 09:00:15 AM »
Atlanta is the melting pot, they are totally cool with it.  We checked.

Well, sure...  As long as they can keep taxing the snot out of the unincorporated section north of the Perimeter, the former Miltion County area, they'd be happy with anything. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2011, 12:10:21 PM »
I live in GA. I hope we pass the same damn thing quickly. Cause they all packing up and moving this way!
The Russian Illegal Immigrants?  Or do you mean someone else?  Garman needs to be informed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2011, 12:16:23 PM »
The Russian Illegal Immigrants?  Or do you mean someone else?  Garman needs to be informed.

He probably means anyone who is illegal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2011, 12:25:58 PM »
He probably means anyone who is illegal.
Yeah, I'm sure he meant "anyone who is illegal" and not hispanics.  I hate it when they play their loud rap music and have the best dance moves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GarMan

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2011, 06:58:23 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure he meant "anyone who is illegal" and not hispanics.  I hate it when they play their loud rap music and have the best dance moves.

I've been pretty clear about that.  I really can't help it if you've got shit for brains.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 05:24:12 PM »
No discussion on the new law in Alabama that was passed yesterday?

I've already had two students withdraw.

It seems as though we made a deal with the devil by electing Bentley. His campaign promise of lowering unemployment was to scare off all of the Mexicans so the people in our state can have a bunch of shitty Mexican jobs. I'm sure people will understand the true cost of this when Cinco de Mayo rolls around and we are without delicious margaritas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »
It seems as though we made a deal with the devil by electing Bentley. His campaign promise of lowering unemployment was to scare off all of the Mexicans so the people in our state can have a bunch of shitty Mexican jobs. I'm sure people will understand the true cost of this when Cinco de Mayo rolls around and we are without delicious margaritas.

This man knows
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2011, 08:08:25 PM »
This man knows

The good guys dress in black, remember that just in case we ever face to face and make contact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2011, 12:50:31 PM »
From what I've read, you can only request proof of citizenship when they're being arrested or "detained" for another reason.  You can't simply walk up to someone and request proof of citizenship.

Correct
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »
Right.  Well, technically, we're asking for proof on any traffic stop.  That's what a drivers license is.  BUT, can't make an arrest for not having it.  With the 287g program that we already have, nothing has changed for us.  We already verified legal status of anyone booked in.

Like I said, the e-verify is the best part of this law.

Yes.  They ammended 32-6-9.  It's stand alone, though it's an offshoot of this immigration bill.  It mandates that if the officer cannot verify that a person has a valid DL, they're to be taken directly before the nearest magistrate.  At that time, their immigration status will also be checked.  It also says they can't be detained any longer than reasonably necessary to ID them, and let them make a signature bond.  If after they are bonded, ICE tells you they're illegal, guess what, you can't then go back and detain them.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions