No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Clearing the Finebaum air
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 02:03:46 PM »
As fate or folly would have it, I recently met a very inebriated and therefore very chatty individual with ties to the PFRN.  The discussion was brief, as the LSU game had reached its conclusion, the whiskey had ran dry and there were skirts to be ogled downtown but to sit face-to-face and hear it directly from the source was certainly eye opening.  Not shocking but eye opening.  I realize no one here needs me to reiterate the fact there is a bias at work there but I am here to tell you that the agenda is a real one.
Illuminate. 

What is the ultimate agenda?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 03:54:52 PM »
Illuminate. 

What is the ultimate agenda?

You know the whole Palestine thing with Israel right? Yeah, kinda like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »
You know the whole Palestine thing with Israel right? Yeah, kinda like that.

Yeah, but it's important to know if the agenda is destroy Auburn, promote Alabama, do both simultaneously or some variation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 05:07:59 PM »
This picture is missing something.
Ths south endzone upper deck, and the 28-27 wintergrass
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 06:21:18 PM »
Ths south endzone upper deck, and the 28-27 wintergrass

I was gonna guess rws. But that's no secret.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 07:28:21 PM »
You don't say much friend but when you do its to the point and I salute you.

Quality post.

Yeah, I came over from the other board as soon as I found out this place came online but I mostly lurk.  Been trying to brush up on my movie quotes before stepping into the ring.  I mean for crying out loud I don't even have an avatar.  :poke:

Yeah, but it's important to know if the agenda is destroy Auburn, promote Alabama, do both simultaneously or some variation.

We all know the bias exists (it is plainly obvious) but the notion that "well, he just flip flops", or "he is just pandering to the audience" is bullshitakeake.  I don't speak up in order to claim access to the master plan or PF's secret laboratory- I just happened to be at the right place at the right time...  However, I have always considered myself a pretty decent reader of people and through a short conversation the sincerity of this was was made very obvious to me :  The fact that the man wants to see this program suffer is no conspiracy theory.  There has been (and still is) a great effort undertaken to accomplish the above.  How successful that effort winds up being will depend entirely on how credible the stories he is trying to dig up/follow wind up being and you can take it to the bank that the fudgeer is trying his hardest.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:43:50 PM by Catphish Tilly »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 07:37:11 PM »
I've always said that even when Finebaum is "flip-flopping," he's still trying to hurt Auburn and promote Alabama.

Alabama sucks?  Auburn's good? 

He makes fun of Alabama's program because it should be at the top of the mountain.  He laughs at the leadership because they obviously don't know how to put Alabama in the dominant spot it should be.

Alabama's good?  Auburn sucks?

It's let's love Alabama's coach and laugh at Auburn.  Laugh at how Auburn fans want something they don't deserve to have.  Laugh at Auburn's leadership not because they could be doing great things; it's more of a laugh at Auburn because no matter how hard they try, they'll never make it.

Alabama's good?  Auburn's good?

Fuck subtlety.  The war is on.  Auburn will be destroyed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2011, 11:09:17 PM »
This is evidenced by the shameless plug about some paper calling him "the most influential media member in the SEC" every time his show comes back from a break. Of course I haven't listened to him in 9 months, so he may not do that anymore.
It's the Orlando Sentinel, the newspaper of his guest a couple of afternoons ago, Mike Bianchi. This is the same guy we saw Finebaum thrash in defense of Cam. Finebaum debated a guy he knew he could beat no matter which side of the argument he chose.

The funniest part of the show in my mind (long time listener) is that people actually think he genuinely gives a shit about the lowly and suffering beyond how if affects his personna. He has never exhibited much empathy for others prior to the tornado(s).

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:10:14 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 11:13:38 PM »
He's going to go after Coach Trooper, he wants him away from Auburn's players, because he's a hell of a coach and recruiter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »
He's going to go after Coach Trooper, he wants him away from Auburn's players, because he's a hell of a coach and recruiter.
And he doesn't know much about Trooper other than three Bamer callers hate the towel waving.
Finebaum's a smart guy. If there was anything on Troop he would have already attacked. Same for anyone at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2011, 04:13:37 AM »
And he doesn't know much about Trooper other than three Bamer callers hate the towel waving.
Finebaum's a smart guy. If there was anything on Troop he would have already attacked. Same for anyone at Auburn.
Finebaum doesn't always attack, he puts a thought out there for the listeners...then he cuts to commercial break.  That way the Shanes, the Auburngate, the Plains are burning people,  and the Jims of the World can make up their own stories and state them as facts either on the National Radio or through websites. How long did the "Trooper is sleeping with the Tiger Hostesses' and got one pregnant" last? I think that little rumor is still going.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »
Finebaum doesn't always attack, he puts a thought out there for the listeners...then he cuts to commercial break.  That way the Shanes, the Auburngate, the Plains are burning people,  and the Jims of the World can make up their own stories and state them as facts either on the National Radio or through websites. How long did the "Trooper is sleeping with the Tiger Hostesses' and got one pregnant" last? I think that little rumor is still going.
I know but with all of that nonsense aside, there is nothing on Auburn that truly ammounts to anything,

All Auburn has to do is win and the name is out there still fresh on everyone's radar. Auburn needs to deliver today on the road, just like Florida needs to take Alabama to the wire tonight after all of the chatter.

The SEC has been billed as the two Goliaths with size, speed and quality depth that no other can match. Simplified, this is what it was like as an Auburn fan in the days of Bryant. The Bam's spent a lot of time yapping about how good the opponent would be and win by two or three touchdowns. Hell Alabama should get credit for half of the "mystique" of travelling to Death Valley, Tiger Stadium at night.
Pffft!

Auburn has the talent and the coaching to remain a leader in this league and it needs to keep proving it.
No excuses, no moral victories; just go out each week and lay it on the line like Auburn did when Shug was HC.
It's time to shut-up and man-up, play some fucking defense and win.   
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:47:42 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions