Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official End of DADT

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Official End of DADT
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2011, 10:56:22 AM »
Last I checked, we aren't living in a true democracy but rather a democratic republic.  Therefore, it's the job of the majority to make sure the "3-5%'s" are given equal rights and opportunity.

Will you be as understanding if one day you're the minority in a situation and denied something?

Not grasping for straws, but it's actually a Constitutional Republic. There is no kind of true democracy in our big picture framework. But I see your point. In a pure democracy, majority rules which is seriously flawed.

From teh Vandy Vol Wikiwebbs:

Constitutional republics attempt to weaken the threat of majoritarianism and protect dissenting individuals and minority groups from the "tyranny of the majority" by placing checks on the power of the majority of the population.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2011, 11:02:55 AM »
Last I checked, we aren't living in a true democracy but rather a democratic republic.  Therefore, it's the job of the majority to make sure the "3-5%'s" are given equal rights and opportunity.

Will you be as understanding if one day you're the minority in a situation and denied something?

Not trying to be difficult, but here are few points to consider... 
1. Perhaps, you didn't catch it.  I like to fuck 2-3 women at the same time, but if I make that personal desire a predominant, defining lifestyle choice and publicly advertise my lifestyle to everyone, I would quickly join the minority ranks and deal with the same sort of "discriminatory" issues.

2. Homosexuals aren't denied equal rights and opportunity. 

3. Everyone doesn't have a right to join the military. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GH2001

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2011, 11:08:57 AM »
Not trying to be difficult, but here are few points to consider... 
1. Perhaps, you didn't catch it.  I like to fuck 2-3 women at the same time, but if I make that personal desire a predominant, defining lifestyle choice and publicly advertise my lifestyle to everyone, I would quickly join the minority ranks and deal with the same sort of "discriminatory" issues.

2. Homosexuals aren't denied equal rights and opportunity. 

I think you nailed it.

Getting denied something and then screaming "you are denying my right" is a total cop out. Not everything is a RIGHT. Most things in our world are a privilege. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Not a guarantee of getting everything you WANT. A right only goes as far as you infriging on someone else's rights.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2011, 11:09:23 AM »

many business owners are denied the right to let their customers smoke.

just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2011, 11:13:24 AM »

just sayin'.
And can anyone list one basic right that a gay person doesn't have without going into a diatribe on what the definition of marriage is?

Property
Guns
Voting
Free speech
Jobs
etc
etc
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2011, 11:23:06 AM »

just sayin'.

But that's different. People hate smoke so they are glad that it denies people the right to smoke b/c they don't want to smell it or be around it.   It's about what they want and think is right, not what the owner of the ..........oh, wait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GarMan

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2011, 11:25:29 AM »
And can anyone list one basic right that a gay person doesn't have without going into a diatribe on what the definition of marriage is?

Property
Guns
Voting
Free speech
Jobs
etc
etc

You brutish homophobe...  You don't get it!!!  Until queers can suck cock and pack fudge openly in public on street corners rather than back alleys, you people are relegating them to the closet.  Hater!!!

Signed, AUChizad... 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:29:48 AM by GarMan »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GarMan

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2011, 11:27:26 AM »
But that's different. People hate smoke so they are glad that it denies people the right to smoke b/c they don't want to smell it or be around it.   It's about what they want and think is right, not what the owner of the ..........oh, wait.

Well, if it isn't obvious...  People hate queers, and most don't want to smell them or be around them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2011, 11:34:34 AM »

This is your best point. 

However, if we're going that route, we have to define homosexuality as having an issue that denies one's admittance to the military.

Does homosexuality equal an emotional disturbance?  Is it a physical disability?  A lack of cognitive ability? 

I'm failing to see where inconvenience or discomfort is a legal and relevant block for gays to enter the military. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2011, 12:38:53 PM »
You brutish homophobe...  You don't get it!!!  Until queers can suck cock and pack fudge openly in public on street corners rather than back alleys, you people are relegating them to the closet.  Hater!!!

Signed, AUChizad...
So where are heterosexual couples having sex openly in public street corners? I live about 8 miles from Bourbon Street, and...well, actually yeah, I have seen a heterosexual couple going at it, but that was before I lived here.

Anyway, you nailed it.

I won't rest until I can walk into a Wal-Mart and see a dude pulling out of another dude's asshole and blowing his load all over the glass in the frozen foods section, while heterosexuals are publicly executed for admitting to once receiving a handy from a member of the opposite sex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 12:40:15 PM »
So where are heterosexual couples having sex openly in public street corners? I live about 8 miles from Bourbon Street, and...well, actually yeah, I have seen a heterosexual couple going at it, but that was before I lived here.

Anyway, you nailed it.

I won't rest until I can walk into a Wal-Mart and see a dude pulling out of another dude's asshole and blowing his load all over the glass in the frozen foods section, while heterosexuals are publicly executed for admitting to once receiving a handy from a member of the opposite sex.

I think I just popped chub
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GarMan

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2011, 01:04:47 PM »
This is your best point. 
Well, I don't believe it's my best point, but it is the most direct. 

However, if we're going that route, we have to define homosexuality as having an issue that denies one's admittance to the military.

Does homosexuality equal an emotional disturbance?  Is it a physical disability?  A lack of cognitive ability? 

I'm failing to see where inconvenience or discomfort is a legal and relevant block for gays to enter the military.
Why?  Why do any of that?  I don't believe the military is bound by EEOC, and I don't believe that EEOC establishes any protections for sexual proclivities, favorite past times, carnal desires or hobbies.  Simply put, the homosexual lifestyle is a disruptive force to traditional military culture.  This does not say that homosexuals are incapable of serving in the military.  It just says that the social lifestyle does not fit within the culture of the military. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2011, 01:12:52 PM »

Anyway, you nailed it.

I know, Honey.  Keep up the fight!  We need to put an end to back-alley gay butt sex!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2011, 04:05:10 PM »
Pics? Link?

I can walk into a Wal-Mart and see a dude pulling out of another dude's asshole and blowing his load all over the glass in the frozen foods section
Pics? Link?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2011, 12:09:39 PM »
Unless you are Vandy Vol - he was born to suck a mean cock.
True - that is the reason he's so short

So does the military now need to make accommodations ADA-style?  No more denying flat-footed bedwetters, have to let into top gun training the severely myopic dude that wants to go fly-fly?  Are the medical requirements now considered discriminatory and mean-spirited too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions