Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Awesome walk-off punt return...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Awesome walk-off punt return...
« on: September 21, 2011, 12:39:31 AM »
Odds are, you've never heard of UVa-Wise or Emory & Henry. That's all right, we're here to get you up to speed. Emory & Henry is a school located in Virginia, playing as the Wasps in the D-III Old Dominion Athletic Conference. UVa-Wise, or the University of Virginia's College at Wise (you can see why they just use UVa-Wise), is a member of the NAIA's Appalachian Athletic Conference and plays as the Highland Cavaliers. The two teams meet annually in what's called the Southwest Virginia Bowl. Good? Good.

Now that that's out of the way, let's set the stage: Emory & Henry leads UVa-Wise 30-27 with scant few seconds remaining in the game, but the Wasps have been forced into a 4th and 18 at their own 22 and must punt on what is likely the last play of the game. YouTube, take it from here:

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQX1RPXznL4&feature=player_embedded#![/embed]

As SB Nation points out, this play has utterly no business counting on account of the roughing the kicker, but it didn't get called, so here we are celebrating the play and not mourning the penalty.

And that lateral by S/PR Marcus Bratton? Wonderful, outrageous, and miraculous. How wide must WR/DB Josh Wright's eyes have been as the lateral was falling right to him as he was in a dead sprint? That's the type of spontaneous opportunity for single-play greatness that most players spend entire careers chasing. Just beautiful. This is a strong, strong play of the year nominee for all of college football this year.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:40:24 AM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Awesome walk-off punt return...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 09:00:39 AM »
It's not that often you see a walk off punt return...but even more rare is seeing a referee shove a coarch.  In that clip, you get it all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 10:22:34 AM »
Emory & Henry is a school located in Virginia, playing as the Wasps in the D-III Old Dominion Athletic Conference.

Wow.  Sometimes the jokes are just too easy.

By the way, here's a pic of their defensive backfield.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 10:54:40 AM »

Those guys are hawt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:15:55 PM »

Looks like someone threw a BASP in the mix.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 01:01:54 PM »
Looks like someone threw a BASP in the mix.......

He's just there to keep it real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.