Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Safety Jay Fullam Commits To Sign Vanderbilt Football Grant

JohnDeere

• Pledge
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_127894.asp

McCallie Safety Jay Fullam Commits To Sign Vanderbilt Football Grant

Saying Vanderbilt offers the best of both worlds, McCallie safety Jay Fullam has committed early to play football for the Commodores.

Fullam will be a senior next year at McCallie.

"This is a huge relief for me,'' Fullam said Wednesday. "It has really been hectic trying to make a decision the past few weeks.''

Fullam was recently added to ESPN’s “150 Watch” list as one of the top 150 juniors in the country.

He also received offers from Air Force, Navy, Northwestern and received interest from Florida, LSU, Tennessee, Alabama, and Auburn.

"I just decided Vanderbilt was the place for me,'' Fullam said. "It offers me the best of both worlds -- a Vanderbilt education and a chance to play safety in the SEC, the best conference in the nation.''

Known for his jarring hits, the 6-foot-1 190-pound safety led Division II-AA in tackles in 2006 as a sophomore with 105 and was among league leaders again with 69 tackles and two interceptions last year. He was also chosen defensive MVP of the 2006 state championship game.

Fullam also returned kicks for McCallie and averaged 29 yards per return. He averaged 8.8 yards per carry as a running back and scored five touchdowns on only 23 attempts.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions