Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dyer

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
Dyer
« on: September 17, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
Why are we using Dyer so sparingly? They didn't stop him once all day. Is he in some trouble with the coaches? It makes zero sense for him to stay on the sidelines like he did today especially when he is dominating like he was. I simply can't believe that Malzahn would choose not to run him with the day he was having.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Dyer
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 05:33:29 PM »
I really wish we wouldn't perpetuate this "in trouble with the coaches" idea. 

He did play.  He got 11 carries and 151 yards.  They gave him the ball on the one yard line on 3rd down.

Chizik's been a strict disciplinarian since he got to Auburn.  I can't see him dishing out a punishment that goes "You're in the doghouse, so we're only going ot use you when we need you."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:35:12 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 05:40:46 PM »
I really wish we wouldn't perpetuate this "in trouble with the coaches" idea. 

He did play.  He got 11 carries and 151 yards.  They gave him the ball on the one yard line on 3rd down.

Chizik's been a strict disciplinarian since he got to Auburn.  I can't see him dishing out a punishment that goes "You're in the doghouse, so we're only going ot use you when we need you."

I'm hearing it other than here too, but as you pointed out, that's not the way to deal with it.  It makes no sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »
I'm hearing it other than here too, but as you pointed out, that's not the way to deal with it.  It makes no sense.
It's the same rumor jumping from board to board
Obviously, Dyer is getting a semi-DJ Hall punishment, but instead of just the first half, he is being benched on critical plays, specifically coincident with the OC's brain farts
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 06:19:46 PM »
Does it have anything to do with a concussion Dyer had during fall practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 06:25:45 PM »
Does it have anything to do with a concussion Dyer had during fall practice.
Of course not....it's all about the coaches not liking Dyer, eventhough he had another huge game. (16 carries 151 yards 2 tds)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:28:05 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 06:59:19 PM »
Of course not....it's all about the coaches not liking Dyer, eventhough he had another huge game. (16 carries 151 yards 2 tds)

Yeah I hope he learned his lesson after his punishment of becoming the SEC's leading rusher.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »

I don't know what it is, but there's something not quite right when he doesn't get the start, and averages just under 10 yards a carry and gets only 16 carries.  And there was opportunity for more.  He needs 20+ a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »
It does seem they are enamored with OM. I like him in the game SOME, but he is not an SEC every down back. TM is still young. Dyer is a damn horse. Ride him, or pay the price like we did today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 10:03:01 PM »
 :facepalm:

At this thread.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.