Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Black Columnist on Obama

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: A Black Columnist on Obama
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 01:03:05 AM »
And sometimes, this ridiculousness just falls in your lap.  You don't even have to look for it.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/20/news/money_blind/index.htm?cnn=yes

Here we go again.  The "bigoted" United States is unfairly excluding visually-impaired-Americans from being able to count their money.  It must be those damn Conservatives again!

And here's another one for you... 
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356592,00.html

Yes...  Those poor transgendered-American kids need help too!  The "enlightened" Boston Children's Hospital is there to save these poor confused soles.  I'm certain that those evil "bigoted" Conservatives will try to stop them. 
What does this have to do with wanting to exterminate all gays? When did I advocate any kind of ridiculous PC crap like your examples, as you're suggesting I did?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2008, 01:14:24 AM »
What does this have to do with wanting to exterminate all gays? When did I advocate any kind of ridiculous PC crap like your examples, as you're suggesting I did?

You did throw out the "bigotry" comment regarding Conservatives earlier.  I'm just tired of hearing about it and catching the subtle and direct accusations that get tossed around so easily.  It's perfectly acceptable to stereotype those evil Conservatives, but when we have our fill and lash out, we're always the ones in the wrong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2008, 09:28:46 AM »
You did throw out the "bigotry" comment regarding Conservatives earlier.  I'm just tired of hearing about it and catching the subtle and direct accusations that get tossed around so easily.  It's perfectly acceptable to stereotype those evil Conservatives, but when we have our fill and lash out, we're always the ones in the wrong. 
I also clearly said that the kind of PC bullshit you are referring to is ridiculous. What I said is that often Conservatives try to present an argument based on the issues, then out slips out something like "We should just exterminate all gays" that exposes their motives.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2008, 11:34:15 AM »
I also clearly said that the kind of PC bullshit you are referring to is ridiculous. What I said is that often Conservatives try to present an argument based on the issues, then out slips out something like "We should just exterminate all gays" that exposes their motives.

What you claim to have meant was not clear by your explanations.  Nobody is actually advocating the extermination of gays.  That was merely a play into your ridiculous stereotype regarding Conservatism and bigotry.  It was also a silly assertion that the gay marriage issue wouldn't exist if gays didn't exist.  That's not a "motive".  It's just a silly comment.  You also can't seem to recognize that you're guilty of your own concept of bigotry by stereotyping an entire group (Conservatives) based on your narrow-minded perceptions (bigotry) of that group.  It seems to be a common practice among Liberals, and I'm a little surprised to see it come out of a so-called Libertarian. 

To get back to your hot topic, the outward appearance and intentions of gay marriage may seem legit, and with your current Libertarian view of "do anything you want as long as it doesn't affect me", it probably seems fine.  The concept of gay marriage doesn't really bother me as much as the logical consequence of accepting, normalizing and mainstreaming homosexuality.  I'm more than a little tired of being forced to accept it.  The movement has taken an in-your-face approach, and it seems perfectly acceptable for them to constantly challenge the standards, morals and values of everyone else.  Of course if we say anything, we're bigots, but they obviously have a free ride. 

One final point on the topic...  Why stop at homosexual and transgender Americans?  What about group relationships?  What about lawn furniture?  What about your dog?  I mean, it’s your dog.  If the prevailing argument is that homosexuality is a naturally occurring condition, couldn’t the same argument be applied to other conditions that are currently recognized as abnormalities?  Consider things like autism, retardation and other disorders. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2008, 11:51:42 AM »
God does not give one AIDS; one gets it from degenerate behavior

I hate to butt into your pissing match with Chad, but I wouldn't make the above-quoted blanket statement.  There are plenty of non-degenerate blood transfusion cases of AIDS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2008, 12:01:12 PM »
I hate to butt into your pissing match with Chad, but I wouldn't make the above-quoted blanket statement.  There are plenty of non-degenerate blood transfusion cases of AIDS.
No, God created it to punish fags...but wait, then I guess he does...

Anyway, all that huffing and puffing about how I'm bigoted towards conservatives for saying that many amongst them are bigoted themselves, and then trying to associate me with over-the-top leftist political correctness is a wasted effort.

I was asked what has turned me off of the Republican party, and one of several reasons I listed happened to be that a certain faction of conservatives (read not all by any means) are in fact bigoted. You think the Imperial Wizard of the KKK votes Democrat? I'm just saying that until the Republican party effectively distances itself from this image, it will be listed as one of the things that turns me off of the party.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 12:13:21 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2008, 01:02:34 PM »

That's true. 
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm#exposure

Let's see...  In 2005, there were 27,629 reported cases of aids attributable to degenerate behavior.  There were another 12,388 reported cases spread through risky degenerate behavior, and another 523 cases attributable to blood transfusions, hemophilia, perinatal and undisclosed.  Hmmmmm...  Almost 99% of all new reported cases are the consequences of risky behavior.  Only 1.3% can be attributed to the innocent/undisclosed category.   

I would suggest that the "above-quoted blanket statement" is fairly accurate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2008, 01:15:55 PM »
That's true. 
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm#exposure

Let's see...  In 2005, there were 27,629 reported cases of aids attributable to degenerate behavior.  There were another 12,388 reported cases spread through risky degenerate behavior, and another 523 cases attributable to blood transfusions, hemophilia, perinatal and undisclosed.  Hmmmmm...  Almost 99% of all new reported cases are the consequences of risky behavior.  Only 1.3% can be attributed to the innocent/undisclosed category.   

I would suggest that the "above-quoted blanket statement" is fairly accurate. 

No, it's not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2008, 01:36:12 PM »
Anyway, all that huffing and puffing about how I'm bigoted towards conservatives for saying that many amongst them are bigoted themselves, and then trying to associate me with over-the-top leftist political correctness is a wasted effort.

I was asked what has turned me off of the Republican party, and one of several reasons I listed happened to be that a certain faction of conservatives (read not all by any means) are in fact bigoted. You think the Imperial Wizard of the KKK votes Democrat? I'm just saying that until the Republican party effectively distances itself from this image, it will be listed as one of the things that turns me off of the party.

You're not following along, but let's try this again. 

And finally the thinly veiled bigotry held by most conservatives.

Did you use the word, "most"?  You can't have it both ways, and you clearly don't know what you're talking about.  If you understood the history of civil rights in this country, you'd quickly discover that it was primarily the Democrats who blocked civil rights legislation year-after-year.  You'd also learn that those KKK members actually reside in the Democrat party.  Don't forget about Senator Byrd who is still serving from West Virginia.  http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/05/sen-robert-byrd.html  You can't help but wonder how many lynchings he participated in... 

Seriously, read up on your history.  You'd be surprised by the facts.  Of course, the Democrats have done a good job of hijacking our schools and turning them into Liberal government indoctrination centers.  They've also made a complete shift since the '60s.  It wasn't a Republican President who ordered the investigation of Martin Luther King Jr.  Come to think of it, it wasn't a Democrat who signed the Emancipation Proclamation.  History tells a very different story than what popular culture would have you believe.  I admit that Republicans are saddled with a concept of a Conservatism that implies bigotry and racism, but the facts tell a completely different story.  Conservatism is just the opposite and holds the concept of equality to a much higher standard than you seem to understand. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »
No, it's not.

I guess the CDC has their numbers wrong.  You might want to give 'em a call and set 'em skrait...   :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2008, 01:41:38 PM »
You're not following along, but let's try this again. 

Did you use the word, "most"?  You can't have it both ways, and you clearly don't know what you're talking about.  If you understood the history of civil rights in this country, you'd quickly discover that it was primarily the Democrats who blocked civil rights legislation year-after-year.  You'd also learn that those KKK members actually reside in the Democrat party.  Don't forget about Senator Byrd who is still serving from West Virginia.  http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/05/sen-robert-byrd.html  You can't help but wonder how many lynchings he participated in... 

Seriously, read up on your history.  You'd be surprised by the facts.  Of course, the Democrats have done a good job of hijacking our schools and turning them into Liberal government indoctrination centers.  They've also made a complete shift since the '60s.  It wasn't a Republican President who ordered the investigation of Martin Luther King Jr.  Come to think of it, it wasn't a Democrat who signed the Emancipation Proclamation.  History tells a very different story than what popular culture would have you believe.  I admit that Republicans are saddled with a concept of a Conservatism that implies bigotry and racism, but the facts tell a completely different story.  Conservatism is just the opposite and holds the concept of equality to a much higher standard than you seem to understand. 

I understand just fine. Again, you're throwing irrelevant statements at me. I explained what has turned me off with the current climate of the Republican party. Pieces of history from before I was born has no bearing on whether or not most bigots relate to the Republican party today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2008, 01:42:35 PM »
I guess the CDC has their numbers wrong.  You might want to give 'em a call and set 'em skrait...   :rofl:

I trust their data.  I'm simply maintaining my position that the blanket statement attributing all AIDS patients' condition to "degenerate behavior" is incorrect. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »
I understand just fine. Again, you're throwing irrelevant statements at me. I explained what has turned me off with the current climate of the Republican party. Pieces of history from before I was born has no bearing on whether or not most bigots relate to the Republican party today.

Well, I really don't know what you think you're talking about.  The "current climate" and "today"?  Are you serious?  Historical context is "irrelevant"???  Like I suggested, popular culture seems to have skewed your judgement here.  Facts are irrelevant.  Only perceptions matter.   :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2008, 02:00:40 PM »
I trust their data.  I'm simply maintaining my position that the blanket statement attributing all AIDS patients' condition to "degenerate behavior" is incorrect. 

OK...  You're right.  Only 98.7% of all new cases can be attributed to degenerate behavior.  There we go...   :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »
Well, I really don't know what you think you're talking about.  The "current climate" and "today"?  Are you serious?  Historical context is "irrelevant"???  Like I suggested, popular culture seems to have skewed your judgement here.  Facts are irrelevant.  Only perceptions matter.   :blink:
Ok, bammer. "We won us 12 nashnul champeenships! Therefore it's common logic that we are the greatest team in the nation today! What, historical context is 'irrelevant'??? Facts are irrelevant? Only perception matters?"

See how that works?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:03:13 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2008, 02:15:21 PM »
Ok, bammer. "We won us 12 nashnul champeenships! Therefore it's common logic that we are the greatest team in the nation today! What, historical context is 'irrelevant'??? Facts are irrelevant? Only perception matters?"

See how that works?

No, I don't see how that works.  You have the perception that Conservatives in the Republican party are bigots, and your perception couldn't be further from the truth.  The fact that Conservatives have provided the moral foundation for the Republican party holding ideals of equality higher than those espoused by the Democrats doesn't seem to matter to you.  You still haven't provided any facts to support this.  I suspect that you live in some Alabama hick-town with a couple of rednecks who call themselves Republican.  That doesn't mean that "most" Conservatives are bigoted. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2008, 02:25:57 PM »
No, I don't see how that works.
I didn't think you would.
I suspect that you live in some Alabama hick-town with a couple of rednecks who call themselves Republican.  That doesn't mean that "most" Conservatives are bigoted. 
If you consider Birmingham a hick-town. Riddle me this, Batman, is there a single redneck racist from said hick-towns who will be voting for the Democratic Candidate this year? The Republican party welcomes these votes rather than make a conscious effort to distance themselves from them, and that's my beef.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:32:51 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tarheel

• Pledge
  • "I'm not really wise, but I can be cranky."
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2008, 02:54:53 PM »
Ok, bammer. "We won us 12 nashnul champeenships! Therefore it's common logic that we are the greatest team in the nation today!

Sports homerism does no harm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. 
-Ayn Rand

The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money.
-The Right Honourable Margaret Thatcher

The government solution to a problem is usually as bad as the problem.
-Milton Friedman

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
-Ronald Reagan

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
-Thomas Jefferson

Tarheel

• Pledge
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2008, 03:04:05 PM »

Let me correct myself after reading the CDC facts posted by GarMan by saying the vast majority of AIDS cases are caused by risky and degenerate behavior.

As a sidebar don't think that I'm not sympathetic to folk with this horrible disease but it is mostly preventable by behavioral change.

No, God created it to punish fags...but wait, then I guess he does...

I am sure that you were trying to be sarcastic here and not bigoted by again referencing the "funny" quote from Sarah.  Really lame my friend.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 03:15:58 PM by Tarheel »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-Ayn Rand

The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money.

-Milton Friedman

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
-Ronald Reagan

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
-Thomas Jefferson

Tarheel

• Pledge
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2008, 04:17:19 PM »
I didn't think you would.If you consider Birmingham a hick-town. Riddle me this, Batman, is there a single redneck racist from said hick-towns who will be voting for the Democratic Candidate this year? The Republican party welcomes these votes rather than make a conscious effort to distance themselves from them, and that's my beef.

I really don't know what you are looking for from the Republican Party on this subject.  I think that any political party welcomes any votes.  No one can control who votes for them since this nation got rid of the poll tax in the Fifteenth Amendment.  Unfortunately many Southern Democrats tried to grandfather this tax into their states to prohibit folk from certain races from voting. 

The Republican Party has made it quite clear on platform after platform that racism and discrimination is intolerable.

This is from the GOP mission statement:
African American Mission

From the founding of the Republican Party to today, African Americans have been central to the GOP. The leadership of President George W. Bush provides an opportunity for us to work together and better include everyone of all backgrounds in the Republican Party. Bringing African Americans back to the Party of Lincoln has been a central priority of President Bush, RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman, and is the mission of the RNC's African American Team Leader Outreach program. Working together with African Americans in communities across the country, we can make the Party of Lincoln stronger and more diverse than ever before.

This is from the latest Party Platform:

Ensuring Equal Opportunities

Out nation is a land of opportunity for all, and our communities must represent the ideal of equality and justice for every citizen.  The Republican Party favors aggressive, proactive measures to ensure that no individual is discriminated against on the basis of race, national origin, gender, or other characteristics covered by our civil rights laws.  We also favor recruitment and outreach policies that cast the widest possible net so that the best qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for jobs, contracts, and university admissions.  We believe in the principle of affirmative access-taking steps to ensure that disadvantaged individuals of all colors and ethnic backgrounds have the opportunity to compete economically and that no child is left behind educationally.  We support a reasonable approach to Title IX that seeks to expand opportunities for women.  We praise President Bush for his strong record on civil rights enforcement, and for becoming the first President ever to ban racial profiling by the federal government.  Finally, because we are opposed to discrimination, we reject quotas, and set-asides based on skin color, ethnicity, or gender, which perpetuate divisions and can lead people to question the accomplishments of successful minorities and women.

Voting Rights

The foundation of our democratic republic is our commitment to conducting free and fair elections.  Unfortunately, in November of 2000, too many people believed they were denied the right to vote.  Many African Americans, Hispanics, and others fear they may lose the right to vote because of inaccurate or insecure technology or because of a rolling back in the gains made by the passage of civil rights legislation.  Our national commitment to a voting process that has integrity was underscored in 2002 when the Congress passed and the President signed the Help America Vote Act.  We will continue to do all we can to ensure that every lawful vote counts for all Americans.

Finally, after the unfortunate "macaca" statement by former Senator George Allen of Virginia the Republican Party issued a Guidebook through the National Republican Senatorial Committee to assist candidates in this issue by helping them to be more proactive in guarding against racism and promoting an open effort to reach out to all people.  (I don't have a copy of this guidebook and can't find it online but I do know that it exists because it has been referenced in several legitimate political blogs that I read.)

Apart from that and if you don't think that's enough and if you think that strongly about this issue you need to take a proactive role in your local Republican Party.  Tell them about this concern and why it drove you away don't just bitch about it and walk away like a poochy-lipped child.  That's part of the problem with the Republican Party today!  Too many conservatives sit-n-spin bitching but they don't DO anything or they join some dumb-ass third party that won't amount to nothing on election day.

Lastly, as GarMan pointed out above I don't see the Democrats apologizing for the racially motivated actions of that party in their history nor demanding that racists like Senator Byrd (D-WV) and former KKK Grand Wizard leave the party!  At least Republicans cull this kind of behavior in short order.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-Ayn Rand

-Milton Friedman

-Ronald Reagan

-Thomas Jefferson