Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 09:23:49 PM »
War Eagle Coach Roof!!!! I just wish Coach Malzahn and the Auburn Offense wouldn't been able to run about 20 plays more, therefore your Defense wouldn't have to be on the field for over 90 PLAYS.

Also, whomever stated that our Defense isn't green should just stop posting until tomorrow, sleep on it and come back with a clear head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 09:39:06 PM »

Also, whomever stated that our Defense isn't green should just stop posting until tomorrow, sleep on it and come back with a clear head.

Who said that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »
War Eagle Coach Roof!!!! I just wish Coach Malzahn and the Auburn Offense wouldn't been able to run about 20 plays more, therefore your Defense wouldn't have to be on the field for over 90 PLAYS.

You're beyond stoned...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 10:51:48 PM »
You're beyond stoned...

Saying he is stoned now would imply that he has moments that aren't like this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 10:56:59 PM »
Saying he is stoned now would imply that he has moments that aren't like this...

I would love to be stoned right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 04:20:36 AM »
When they are running the option you are SUPPOSED to string it out toward the boundary and make him commit. 

The problem was nobody was scraping down the line to get the pitch.
Someone's assignment is to pick up the pitch man, linebacker or corner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 06:50:39 AM »
Someone's assignment is to pick up the pitch man, linebacker or corner.

I thought the LBs were particularly ineffective yesterday.  They were getting blown back off the ball. On the gash up the middle plays they were getting turned.  Can't stop that kind of stuff when your shoulders are parallel to the sidelines.   Nobody picked up the tailback when he drifted out of the backfield. 

And on the option plays I thought we did a decent job of working against Relf, it's just when there's only one guy the play changes.  If you string him out and force him to commit you're supposed to play his inside shoulder so you drive him into either pitching -- where you're theoretically supposed to have help -- or into the boundary.   If you pound straight at him or get to his outside shoulder he can cut back inside of you and the middle is open (because the help has in theory scraped to the outside).   The problem we had -- from my vantage point -- is that when we played Relf correctly the LBs were late to the pitch if they came at all.  So when whoever was containing Relf drifted to the pitch or got to his outside shoulder, Relf did what he was supposed to do, pulled it down and cut inside.   When we played him correctly on the inside shoulder, he just pitched it and nobody had come down the line to take that. 

Back in the day teams learned how to play the option.  String it out, scrape, scrape, scrape.  They don't see it much any more.  So it's almost a foreign concept. They don't know what to do. Even as far back as 2001 Bama freaked us out and blew our defensive gameplan with the threat that Tyler The Next Joe Namath Watts was going to come in and option us to death. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 08:17:57 AM »
Like I've stated before, I don't wear O&B glasses, I look at everything.  I take something apart and look at each individual piece.  Point out what I stated in my previous post that's says "huh, your stoned".

Some of you need to realize that WE ARE A YOUNG FUCKING TEAM, it doesn't take a Rocket Surgeon to figure out where the problems are coming from and why.

Here's our starting Defense....ready??? Yes, I'm going to type each fucking player and I'll note which ones started at their position last year.

DL:
DE Corey Lemonier (Soph.)
DT Kenneth Carter (Soph.)
DT Jeffrey Whitacker (Soph.)
DE Nosa Egue (Soph.)

LB:
OLB Jonathan Evans (Jr.) / Eltoro Freeman (Sr.)
MLB Jake Holland (Soph.)
OLB Darren Bates (Jr.)

CB:
T'Sharvan Bell (Jr.)
Chris Davis (Soph.)

S:
Demetruce McNeal (Soph.)
Neiko Thorpe (Sr.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs