Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anyone Need A Quarterback?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Anyone Need A Quarterback?
« on: September 07, 2011, 02:17:39 PM »
They introduced him at a luncheon as the starting QB....and then released him.  Someone is going to grab some pretty damn good insurance with a back up like Garrard.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- David Garrard lost his starting job the same way he got it: Just days before the season opener and in stunning fashion.

The Jacksonville Jaguars released Garrard on Tuesday, making a "pure football decision" that will save the franchise $9 million in 2011.

Mike and Mike in the Morning
ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter says quarterback David Garrard has already received offers from five different teams. Plus, Schefter says no one knows when Peyton Manning will play again.

More Podcasts ยป

Whether it saves coach Jack Del Rio's job remains to be seen. Team owner Wayne Weaver has said Jacksonville needs to make the playoffs for Del Rio to stick around for a 10th season.

Del Rio made it clear late last season that he had grown tired of Garrard's inconsistent ways, but the coach remained steadfast through training camp and the preseason that Garrard was his starter. That changed Tuesday, when the Jaguars parted ways with Garrard after nine up-and-down seasons.

If the timing of the move wasn't strange enough -- five days before Jacksonville's opener against Tennessee -- it came two hours after the team introduced Garrard as its starting quarterback at a kickoff luncheon at the chamber of commerce.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."