Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's Not Just A Matter Of Lining Up Right...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
It's Not Just A Matter Of Lining Up Right...
« on: September 06, 2011, 01:16:44 PM »
I think a lot of the criticism levied at Roof and/or Chizik concerning our defense of the last 2 plus years is warranted.  The numbers don't lie.  The 09" D gave up record numbers and last years D wasn't exactly the 92' Crimpsum Tahd.  But then again, who is...except for this year's Bama D...but I digress.  And yes, Saturday's performance left everyone saying, "You'd better do some of that coaching shit or 2011 is gonna' be a loooonnng one". 

But let's say that Roof and compnay get in the film room and identify the problem.  Let's say the players hit the practice field and the light clicks on for them.  The game plan for MSU is just what the doctor ordered and everyone knows their role and is ready to execute.  But, what did we hear constantly throughout the day Saturday?  "We're being pushed around on both sides of the ball."  Does proper alignment cure that?  Do multiple looks make Gabe Wright any stronger?  While I totally agree that this staff needs to change some things up and also beat some tackling technique and proper alignment issues into some heads, does that remedy the situation concerning "getting pushed around"?

No excuses or trying to build up a middle of the WAC Pack USU team.  But the fact is that Auburn played 13 true freshmen and 8 redshirt freshmen Saturday according to the post game show.  The fact is that Gabe Wright and Angelo Blackson and Devaunte Siglar and Reese Dismukes etc. have had a few months in a college conditioning and weight training program.  They were facing guys that have had 3-4 years of top flight weight training and I think the difference showed Saturday.  I imagine it will throughout the season.  These guys are at a time in their lives when they do the most growing...when they gain the most strength.  Dee Ford is a Juinor who came to Auburn at 205 pounds.  He was listed at 245 in the program and the pics of him now are pretty damn amazing.

Karlos Dansby came to Auburn years ago as a receiver at just over 200 pounds.  A couple of years ago, the man was a 255 pound Pro Bowl linebacker for the Cardinals. Same with guys like Lee Ziemba, who put on close to 40 pounds of muscle over his career at Auburn.  The reality is that along with being one of the youngest teams in D1, that youth means they're also 2-3 years behind most people they'll line up against in the weight room.  Again, no excuses.  It is what it is...aiight?  I expect Roof/Chizik to do their thing as far as getting our defensive issues worked out. But I've also come to the realization that not getting "pushed around" may require a lot more time with Coach Kevin Yoxall. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: It's Not Just A Matter Of Lining Up Right...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 01:22:23 PM »
Yoxercise.

Got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 01:27:12 PM »
Yoxercise.

Got it.

I get unnecessarily verbose on occasion
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 01:28:42 PM »
Personally, and I am not saying the sky is falling, but this season is going to be longer than I anticipated.  We are going to go through a lot of growing pains.  I really do not expect to win this weeks game.  MSU is coming in with a chip on their shoulder and a couple more days of practice time.  The future does look bright, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 01:29:15 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 01:32:06 PM »
That's what I read

That goes without saying, doesn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 01:53:12 PM »
Getting line up right on Def. is a big part of the equation.  Then so is effort.  But all the Def. coaches I know will tell you if you get lined up right, you got a lot of the battle won.  Getting lined up wrong can give the offense leverage they shouldn't have, resulting in getting pushed around more.  But, yes, you also have to man up and play. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 02:38:18 PM »
Mullen was giddy and giggling on Arute's show. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 02:54:05 PM »
Mullen was giddy and giggling on Arute's show.

Dye said yesterday that Mullen should be licking his chops at the prospect of playing us. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 02:57:54 PM »
I don't like chop lickers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 03:04:49 PM »
I don't like chop lickers.

Especially chop lickers named Mullen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 03:06:28 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
It's your dog.

You getting all excited?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 03:37:51 PM »
You getting all excited?

As soon as I get the lid off this peanut butter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 03:37:57 PM »
Charles, you have a licking problem
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »
Dye said yesterday that Mullen should be licking his chops at the prospect of playing us.

Dye was also half tanked and not making total sense when I talked to him at a fundraiser a month ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 04:53:34 PM »
Dye was also half tanked and not making total sense when I talked to him at a fundraiser a month ago.
He loves teh booze.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »
What about their helmets?  Were they lined up right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions