launch trailer.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Dead Island
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 07:37:38 AM »
You fuckers that play are gonna want this one.

I give it at least a 9 out of 10.  Maybe more.

First person.
Open World.
Everything can be made a weapon to beat, shoot, or slice zombies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:02:08 PM »
You fuckers that play are gonna want this one.

I give it at least a 9 out of 10.  Maybe more.

First person.
Open World.
Everything can be made a weapon to beat, shoot, or slice zombies.
Doesn't come out until Thursday?  Flux capacitor?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »

It came out yesterday, so he was able to use a vehicle without a flux capacitor to drive to the nearest GameStop in the present.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 07:15:46 AM »

99% of releases are on Tuesday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 12:44:47 PM »
99% of releases are on Tuesday.
Ah, I could have sworn on the video you posted it said it's release date was on Thursday. 

Any good?  Multiplayer worth it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
Ah, I could have sworn on the video you posted it said it's release date was on Thursday. 

Any good?  Multiplayer worth it?

There is not competitive multiplayer.  It can be up to 4 player coop.  True drop in and drop out.  I have not played anything else since I started it last week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 07:38:44 AM »
Ok, played last night, and loved it.  We need to get a tigersx game night of this shit on Monday.

If you've played Borderlands, it's similar with the co-op drop/in out.  One player, the host, has missions assigned, and you basically drop in and go along the same missions that he's playing.  If he's too far ahead in the story from where you are, you don't get credit for completing the missions. 

All in all, good clean zombie killing fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 08:22:16 AM »
Dude it is so fucking on tonight. What character you playing?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:23:01 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 08:37:29 AM »
I played the chick that specializes in sharp weapons.

Not sure why, because the only weapons I could find were a rusty pipe, an oar, and a broom stick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 08:39:04 AM »
I played the chick that specializes in sharp weapons.

Not sure why, because the only weapons I could find were a rusty pipe, an oar, and a broom stick.

You will get sharp things soon enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 08:17:28 AM »
You gonna be back on tonight Jarhead?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 08:31:16 AM »
Yes, sir.  Around 9 or so eastern work for you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 09:37:11 AM »
Yes, sir.  Around 9 or so eastern work for you?

yep.  Just let me know when you get on if you don't see me.  You will need to host so we can follow your storyline.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 09:46:29 AM »
Jarhead if there is ever a zombie breakout and we are trapped somewhere together you are not allowed to drive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 09:49:49 AM »
I was achievement whoring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »
I was achievement whoring.

Oh I get that.  I meant running into shit.  You stay on last night?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 10:09:05 AM »
Can I use the defense that since I'm playing as the girl, I can't drive?

Got off not long after you quit.  Repaired weapons, and sold alcohol to the lady in the church.

Will I be able to go back to the first part of the island, and wrap up the side quests I didn't finish?  Before you got on, I was able to complete the mission that glitched on us the night before, where we needed the gas for Mike.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 10:14:24 AM »
Can I use the defense that since I'm playing as the girl, I can't drive?

Got off not long after you quit.  Repaired weapons, and sold alcohol to the lady in the church.

Will I be able to go back to the first part of the island, and wrap up the side quests I didn't finish?  Before you got on, I was able to complete the mission that glitched on us the night before, where we needed the gas for Mike.

yea you can go back to it.  There comes a part where you cannot go back but it tells you that and you are nowhere close to that point yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 10:37:34 AM »
For the achievements that require chopping of heads without being hit, is it easier to jump into someone's level 1 game with my level 10 character?  I assume the Zombies are set to the level of the person hosting?  Everything we've been fighting have been around my level, and you are about 20 levels ahead of me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions