Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here's a crazy coincidence....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Here's a crazy coincidence....
« on: August 28, 2011, 02:42:36 AM »
Auburn wins the SEC and goes undefeated in 2004 (13-0)
New Orleans is hit with Hurricane Katrina the following August (August 28th, 2005).

Auburn wins the SEC and goes undefeated last year (14-0 National Champions)
The entire East Coast (including New York) is hit with Hurricane Irene the following August 27th-28th, 2011).

I'm sure there are more coincidences between the '04 & '10 Season. Coach Chizik and Travis Williams were part of both teams.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:49:26 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Here's a crazy coincidence....
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:18:47 AM »
Wanna hear something else crazy?

Auburn 1971:  Sullivan wins Heisman. AU finishes 9-2.
Auburn 1972:  Rebuilding year might win two games.  Actual record? 10-1.  Beat #2 Alabama.

Auburn 1985.  Bo wins Heisman. AU finishes 8-4.
Auburn 1986: Rebuilding year. Ranked 14th to open.  Actual record? 10-2. Beat #7 Alabama.

There is zero chance of improving on last season's record.  We know that.  But...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 10:43:14 AM »

Auburn 1972:  Rebuilding year might win two games.  Actual record? 10-1.  Beat #2 Alabama.

Auburn 1986: Rebuilding year. Ranked 14th to open.  Actual record? 10-2. Beat #7 Alabama.

There is zero chance of improving on last season's record.  We know that.  But...

There's not too many from which to draw history from, because, as everyone knows we've only had 6 coaches in the last 60 years. 

However, year 3 of every one of those coach's tenures have been at worst, mediocre winning seasons.  There's zero precedence to expect Auburn to lose 7 or more games.

Year 3 records:
Shug: 7-3-1
Barfield: 6-4-1
Dye: 11-1
Bowden: 8-4
Tuberville: 7-5
Chiz: ?-?

Not in the realm of "coincidence", but fits in with Kaos' post.  So, should we expect history to remain consistent, or should we expect another of Chiz's season of exceeding expectations?  In either event, the worst case scenario is, at worst, 7-5 type mediocre.  The historical avg. would be 8-4.  I'll accept that considering it all.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:44:00 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »
In either event, the worst case scenario is, at worst, 7-5 type mediocre.  The historical avg. would be 8-4.  I'll accept that considering it all.

But we don't have a single player.  Anywhere.  The entire team got on a bus and went to the pros.  We were a pro team. 

I heard those four jackasses braying about Oregon yesterday.  Or was it Friday, hell I'm confused.  Lost a day or two somewhere. 

Oregon lost seven defensive starters, including five in the front seven.  Their best man in the secondary is high and suspended for who knows how long. They lost their two best receivers.  They lost their center, left guard and right tackle. 

But they're fast.  They'll be even better with a 4'2" RB and an 140-lb QB.  Herbskreet picked them to win the NC and James to win the Heisman. 

Just don't understand the logic.  We will suck and should have just boarded up the stadium.  Oregon will be the best team in the country despite losing everybody who mattered except a dope-head QB and a RB who is smaller than most 11-year olds. 

Well fuck those fishheads.  I want to play Oregon now.  Right now. Today. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 02:17:53 PM »

Auburn 2004: One of the best teams in SEC history.  AU finishes 13-0.
Auburn 2005: Rebuilding year.  No way AU can replace Campbell, Williams, Brown, Rogers, Ratliff, Eddins, and Rosegreen.  AU finishes 9-3 and was one missed field goal away from going undefeated in the SEC a second year in a row. 

Fuh dem hatas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 02:22:41 PM »
All I have heard about Auburn is that the team will be lucky to be bowl eligible and that there is only 6 or so returning starters. I know that there will be a lot of freshman getting lots of playing time but it not like the others on the team have not played college ball. The fuckheads on College Gameday yesterday were just saying the same damn thing as everyone else. Hell, at least Desmond Howard said we will win 7.

I still think Auburn will have 9 wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 02:24:54 PM »
But we don't have a single player.  Anywhere.  The entire team got on a bus and went to the pros.  We were a pro team. 

I heard those four jackasses braying about Oregon yesterday.  Or was it Friday, hell I'm confused.  Lost a day or two somewhere. 

Oregon lost seven defensive starters, including five in the front seven.  Their best man in the secondary is high and suspended for who knows how long. They lost their two best receivers.  They lost their center, left guard and right tackle. 

But they're fast.  They'll be even better with a 4'2" RB and an 140-lb QB.  Herbskreet picked them to win the NC and James to win the Heisman. 

Just don't understand the logic.  We will suck and should have just boarded up the stadium.  Oregon will be the best team in the country despite losing everybody who mattered except a dope-head QB and a RB who is smaller than most 11-year olds. 

Well fuck those fishheads.  I want to play Oregon now.  Right now. Today.

We have few players with lots of experience.  Recruiting services the last 3 years say we have players.  #19, #4, and #7.  Two top ten, and one top 20 class.  We have players.  But, like everything else, the local media, being butt hurt, started chanting about how last year's team was all Newton and Fairley.  Some of the smarter ones noted the loss of most of the OL being big.  And in all cases, Auburn, once we get an experienced team, and it graduates, we're rebuilding...bammer is reloading.  Those fuckers thought they'd repeat last year despite the defensive losses.  That moron Darrell from Columbus noted that against the better offenses last year bammer gave up 20 or more points.  20 to Ark, 35 to SC, 24 to LSU, 28 to AU (and we only played offense the last 2 and half quarters.)

The assumption is that all the question marks will be answered with a big fat "FAIL" in every facet of Auburn's team.  That's a risky assumption based on the product we've seen out of this staff the first 2 seasons.    Fuck Oregon.  I think they may implode this season after coming so close and missing out.  They may be the negative surprise of the season. 

Most of it is jealousy, some of it hate and spite.  Many want Auburn to fail in 2011 simply because it's the next best thing to having the BCS title taken away from us. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »
Fuck Oregon.  I think they may implode this season after coming so close and missing out.  They may be the negative surprise of the season. 

Oregon's severely overrated this year unless they have tons of young talent ready to step up.  Which they may.  But no one actually knows that until the season starts. 

I think Oregon gets blown out by LSU but goes on to have a decent season because the Pac WhatNumber is very down this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 04:26:26 PM »
Hey, fuck yew, ya goldamm troll.  We got hobbits and shit quarterbackin' are teams out heah. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 05:04:57 PM »

DERRRRRRP!!!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:10:07 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »
Hey, fuck yew, ya goldamm troll.  We got hobbits and shit quarterbackin' are teams out heah. 

This was keyboard warning worthy...   :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 11:13:13 PM »

Dementia's a bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 08:18:41 AM »
Dementia's a bitch.

I have no idea what you mean by that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »
But Oregon....theyre just....SO FAST.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions