Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Remember this kid's name....Kene Orjioke

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Remember this kid's name....Kene Orjioke
« on: September 08, 2011, 11:35:27 PM »
He's a Senior at Lassiter HS, Ga. and he's 6'4" 220lbs, 4.5 40, with almost a 40" Vertical, 3.5 GPA. He moved to Georgia from California, I'm guessing his mother (Doctor) landed a job on the East Coast and that's why they moved, I don't know.....also, he's 16 years old. Plays Safety now, was a TE when he was in California, so he's still learning. He's being projected as a Safety or OLB in College.

He arrived in Georgia during the dead period of recruiting, so after his first game, the Lassiter Coaches put together a highlight film of him and sent it out. He landed three offers and got the attention of a few big schools, including Auburn and Tennessee, within a few days off that one highlight.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Remember this kid's name....Kene Orjioke
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 11:50:57 PM »
He arrived in Georgia during the dead period of recruiting, so after his first game, the Lassiter Coaches put together a highlight film of him and sent it out. He landed three offers and got the attention of a few big schools, including Auburn and Tennessee, within a few days off that one highlight.

If he makes eye contact with Dooley's glow-in-the-dark trousers, he'll immediately be entranced.  There's nothing that you can do to recruit a better class than the class that Dooley's trousers will mentally enslave.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »
By your spelling of his name, I expect he will soon be posting on here trying to sell  Snaggle some pecker pills
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 11:55:29 PM »
Come to think of it, Buzz would make an excellent recruiter in that neon lemon blouse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 11:56:08 PM »
By your spelling of his name, I expect he will soon be posting on here trying to sell  Snaggle some pecker pills
That's how you spell his name.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011/08/31/which-college-will-be-the-next-to-offer-kene-orjioke-uga-tennessee-auburn-interested/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:18:05 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 09:23:30 AM »
He's a Senior at Lassiter HS, Ga. and he's 6'4" 220lbs, 4.5 40, with almost a 40" Vertical, 3.5 GPA. He moved to Georgia from California, I'm guessing his mother (Doctor) landed a job on the East Coast and that's why they moved, I don't know.....also, he's 16 years old. Plays Safety now, was a TE when he was in California, so he's still learning. He's being projected as a Safety or OLB in College.

Not anything you did but you know as well as me from playing ball that there are very FEW kids in HS can actually who run a 4.5  forty or less. It just gripes me to see 4.4 and 4.5 by every other kid's name on Rivals, having it floated around like it's just no big thing, when we all know its inflated as hell and done with a manual stopwatch with a huge margin of error and lag. Go look and see how many guys actually run a sub 4.5 at the combine. A fewer % than the ESPN 150, per all the stats on the cruitin' sites. It just doesn't add up.

I know Carver (Cols, GA), where Isiah Crowell played, used to be infamous for marking off 38 yards for their timed "40" dashes and actually give the guys a one step head start. This was before Dell McGee took over when Wallace Davis was the HC. Every other guy on the roster ran a 4.5 or less per the scouting rpt. Including a guy named Jasper Sanks back in the 90's. Sanks would have been lucky to run the 40 in under 5 seconds. If you watched him play at UGA, you know what I mean.

Rod Hood may have been one of the few from Carver who actually ran times in that range. His dad was one of the ones who gave me a lot of the 411 on Carver's "38 yard dashes" under Davis. I don't think they are the only ones who do that shit either. Recruiting has become like marketing almost.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »
I'm a height/weight/stats kind of guy myself.  I totally agree on the times and recruiting becoming a marketing tool.  It's funny how every recruiting service out there had Christian Westerman anywhere from 6'5" 285 to 6'5" 290.  He was projected as our tackle of the future.  He gets to Auburn and the guy is 6'3" 277.  He gets #57 and he's an undersized guard.  I'm sorry but that's not the same kid.  He shrunk two inches?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »
Come to think of it, Buzz would make an excellent recruiter in that neon lemon blouse.
I am Chizik's secret weapon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »
I'm a height/weight/stats kind of guy myself.  I totally agree on the times and recruiting becoming a marketing tool.  It's funny how every recruiting service out there had Christian Westerman anywhere from 6'5" 285 to 6'5" 290.  He was projected as our tackle of the future.  He gets to Auburn and the guy is 6'3" 277.  He gets #57 and he's an undersized guard.  I'm sorry but that's not the same kid.  He shrunk two inches?

Ok, but the coaches knew he wasn't as listed.  I still think he will end up being one of our top lineman in the next couple of years. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:17:42 AM by ssgaufan »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 10:17:35 AM »
Ok, but the coached knew he wasn't as listed.  I still think he will end up being one of our top lineman in the next couple of years.

Oh I do too and I think he's already on the 2-deep rotation. I'm quite sure the coaches at this level do an extensive amount of homework before offering a kid. I just wonder how there can be so much variation in a kids' stats even between different recruiting sites.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »
Oh I do too and I think he's already on the 2-deep rotation. I'm quite sure the coaches at this level do an extensive amount of homework before offering a kid. I just wonder how there can be so much variation in a kids' stats even between different recruiting sites.

Not sure.  On a slightly different note, I had the Cherokee Co game last week and they have a kid is about 6'3" 270 who is a freshman.  He started for the varsity last year as an 8th grader, and I don't think he one penalty called against him Friday night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 10:24:46 AM »
Not sure.  On a slightly different note, I had the Cherokee Co game last week and they have a kid is about 6'3" 270 who is a freshman.  He started for the varsity last year as an 8th grader, and I don't think he one penalty called against him Friday night.

Did you give him an orange and blue $100 handshake?  On another high school note, Dothan beat Central of Phenix City last night in a shootout.  The two 6A city schools down here have literally suxxed for a decade or more but may finally be getting some athletes back out to play.  Saw Northview week before last and they dressed out around 80 kids.  Good size and good athletes.  Overall, football around these parts has been awful for some time but may be on its way back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 10:32:46 AM »
Did you give him an orange and blue $100 handshake?  On another high school note, Dothan beat Central of Phenix City last night in a shootout.  The two 6A city schools down here have literally suxxed for a decade or more but may finally be getting some athletes back out to play.  Saw Northview week before last and they dressed out around 80 kids.  Good size and good athletes.  Overall, football around these parts has been awful for some time but may be on its way back.

I work for the gubment, so I was hoping he would give me a $100 handshake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 10:52:23 AM »

HUGE upset, considering Central-PC has ass raped Carver (Cols), Shaw (Cols) and Opelika so far.

Dothan aint been the same football town since Gabe Gross left the village.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 10:55:34 AM »
Ok, but the coaches knew he wasn't as listed.  I still think he will end up being one of our top lineman in the next couple of years.

I guess I meant the whole inflating of the stats and fans creaming their britches over it.

Knock 2 inches off height, 20 lbs off weight and .2-.3 off their 40's, and it's more realistic. Fans wouldn't get QUITE as excited if they did that. These fallacies perpetuate a lot of the hoopla with recruiting.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:56:09 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 11:16:27 AM »
I work for the gubment, so I was hoping he would give me a $100 handshake.

You'd better denote that on your Statement of Economic Interest if he does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
HUGE upset, considering Central-PC has ass raped Carver (Cols), Shaw (Cols) and Opelika so far.

Dothan aint been the same football town since Gabe Gross left the village.

No question.  Central has owned Dothan for years and back in the day when Dothan was actually pretty good, they always drew Central in the first round of the playoffs.  Exit Dothan, stage left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »
Not anything you did but you know as well as me from playing ball that there are very FEW kids in HS can actually who run a 4.5  forty or less. It just gripes me to see 4.4 and 4.5 by every other kid's name on Rivals, having it floated around like it's just no big thing, when we all know its inflated as hell and done with a manual stopwatch with a huge margin of error and lag. Go look and see how many guys actually run a sub 4.5 at the combine. A fewer % than the ESPN 150, per all the stats on the cruitin' sites. It just doesn't add up.

I know Carver (Cols, GA), where Isiah Crowell played, used to be infamous for marking off 38 yards for their timed "40" dashes and actually give the guys a one step head start. This was before Dell McGee took over when Wallace Davis was the HC. Every other guy on the roster ran a 4.5 or less per the scouting rpt. Including a guy named Jasper Sanks back in the 90's. Sanks would have been lucky to run the 40 in under 5 seconds. If you watched him play at UGA, you know what I mean.

Rod Hood may have been one of the few from Carver who actually ran times in that range. His dad was one of the ones who gave me a lot of the 411 on Carver's "38 yard dashes" under Davis. I don't think they are the only ones who do that shit either. Recruiting has become like marketing almost.

Yeah, I recall Rudi Johnson being listed at 4.3 by rivals.  A sub 4.5 kid in HS will make everyone else on the field appear slow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
It was all moisture content and reverse osmosis - if you dry him back out in the desert, he'll grow back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions