Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's Here...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: It's Here...
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 01:27:34 PM »
One more time?

Did I mention my brother in law coaches there?

Frick, I gotta' stop smoking crack
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 01:33:05 PM »
Frick, I gotta' stop smoking crack

You been hanging out at the car wash again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 02:18:28 PM »
They have 23 I think.  We have 25 I think.  Was asked to do it by HC.  Its AIHSA...We're all small teams.

Didnt say the milfs were plentiful, but there were a couple.

They have 23.  Only 13 were available. 

I already fucked any MILF you may have seen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »
I'm heading out here in a bit to catch the Pell City/Shelby County game. Damn it's going to be hotter than two rats screwing in a wool sock.

We picked up Spain Park's former coach, David Shores, and from they way our Panthers looked against Grissom lay weekend, we should field a competitive team this year.

War Damn Football! Let's get it on!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 02:21:50 PM »
Eufaula isn't on the schedule this year.  They've got Smith's Station up there. 

Smiths Station....  Oh dear. Enjoy all of their Bammer fans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 02:32:49 PM »

Not too much different in Eufaula thanks to Upshaw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 02:56:51 PM »

There's at least on BIG Auburn fan in Smith Station.  I met him when we went down there to scrimmage Glenwood a couple of weeks ago.  Coach Ed King is their OL coach.  When he introduced himself, I shook his hand and gave him a big War Eagle.  He smiled big and returned it.  Super nice guy too.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 02:58:49 PM »
There's at least on BIG Auburn fan in Smith Station.  I met him when we went down there to scrimmage Glenwood a couple of weeks ago.  Coach Ed King is their OL coach.  When he introduced himself, I shook his hand and gave him a big War Eagle.  He smiled big and returned it.  Super nice guy too.   

Their head coach is too, Mark Rose. But he's a huge prick. Ed is a nice fella though.

Smiths is full of Bammernecks. Trust me. It horrible.

You went to a Glenwood scrimmage? Around here, that's just a regular Glenwood game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »
Their head coach is too, Mark Rose. But he's a huge prick. Ed is a nice fella though.

Smiths is full of Bammernecks. Trust me. It horrible.

You went to a Glenwood scrimmage? Around here, that's just a regular Glenwood game.

Their HC seemed like he had some asshole-ish potential, but he was nice to us. 

Nobody around here would give us a scrimmage.  What do you mean that's just a regular Glenwood game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 03:11:05 PM »
Their HC seemed like he had some asshole-ish potential, but he was nice to us. 

Nobody around here would give us a scrimmage.  What do you mean that's just a regular Glenwood game?

I'm just poking fun of Glenwood. Bless em. Most of their kids appear to belong in Jr. High. Next time your down that way, let me know.

Rose is an asshole. End of story. Seen it in person. A family member of mine is also a coach there and can't stand him. It seems to be the general trend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 03:14:13 PM »
I'm just poking fun of Glenwood. Bless em. Most of their kids appear to belong in Jr. High. Next time your down that way, let me know.

Rose is an asshole. End of story. Seen it in person. A family member of mine is also a coach there and can't stand him. It seems to be the general trend.

I know it's not real football if it's not SEC.  It's fun though. 

As I said, he had that look and sound like he could be an ass in a minute...just has that "I'm a dick" kind of swagger. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »
BTW, Prattville just lost to St. Thomas Aquinas.  Hoover next up to try their hand on teh ESPNs vs South Panola (MS).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2011, 11:05:40 PM »
BTW, Prattville just lost to St. Thomas Aquinas.  Hoover next up to try their hand on teh ESPNs vs South Panola (MS).

They fared a little better than Prattville.

In Prattville's defense, St Thomas Aquinas looked like full grown men out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 08:21:54 AM »
High school football coaches can sometimes be so ignorant. 

School I know of has a line that averages 280.  Big fast kids.  Probably got a dozen potential running backs.

What do they do Friday?  Throw the ball 39 times.  12 completions. Five picks, two returned for TDs. 

Lose.

Idiots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 08:26:52 AM »
High school football coaches can sometimes be so ignorant. 

School I know of has a line that averages 280.  Big fast kids.  Probably got a dozen potential running backs.

What do they do Friday?  Throw the ball 39 times.  12 completions. Five picks, two returned for TDs. 

Lose.

Idiots.

Which one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 08:53:15 AM »
Which one?

Aliceville. 

They've always had a massive line.  And they always want to throw the ball.  Twice in the past 15 years they've had a coach who pulled back and ran the ball behind that line.  Twice they won the state title.  Then that coach leaves and they go back to flinging it all over the yard. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2011, 09:09:11 AM »
Aliceville. 

They've always had a massive line.  And they always want to throw the ball.  Twice in the past 15 years they've had a coach who pulled back and ran the ball behind that line.  Twice they won the state title.  Then that coach leaves and they go back to flinging it all over the yard.

I think the lure of the all out spread passing has about run it's course, for the most part.  Some are still enamored with it.  The move to power run spread, IMO, is due, in part, to what guys like Malzahn and Meyer have done with the power running spread.  Pelham HS used to be a Tony Franklin System team.  Unlike Hoover, they never had much success with it.  Their "Franklin guy" left to take a HC job in GA, and they've now gone to Double Wing.  I haven't seen them play, but was told they're running it a la Ga Tech, which is not what I call Double Wing, but that's what I heard Josh Niblet call it the other day in a radio interview.  At any rate, whether it's power Double Wing, or Option Flexbone, it's certainly a far cry from the 40 pass per game spread.   Then again, the guy that just came in at Spain Park is a Tony Franklin System guy, though he doesn't call it that, that's essentially what it is.   Niblet kept the spread look at Hoover, but is much more run oriented. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2011, 09:18:07 AM »
Just by way of comparison to Aliceville...

Last year in the 6A Title game, Hoover ran the ball 30 times, for 32 yards, no TDs.  Passing 14-24-0, 236 yards 1 TD.  They lost 7-6 to Daphne. 

12 of the 24 passing attempts came in the 4th Q after Daphne took the lead.

Things that make you go hmmmm? 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:21:54 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2011, 09:25:25 AM »
Just by way of comparison to Aliceville...

Last year in the 6A Title game, Hoover ran the ball 30 times, for 32 yards, no TDs.  Passing 14-24-0, 236 yards 1 TD.  They lost 7-6 to Daphne. 

12 of the 24 passing attempts came in the 4th Q after Daphne took the lead.

Things that make you go hmmmm?
Been watching Aliceville for 18 years.  They start throwing from the first play.  I've thought they coach like they are playing PlayStation. 

They do have a fantastic receiver in Demario Lanier this year but I don't know if they can get him the ball consistently.  Kid played at Gordo last year and moved over to Aliceville.  His brother was the first player Chizik got to commit, but he ended up at Tennessee after some juco nonsense. Izuea Lanier.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2011, 09:29:33 AM »
Been watching Aliceville for 18 years.  They start throwing from the first play.  I've thought they coach like they are playing PlayStation. 

They do have a fantastic receiver in Demario Lanier this year but I don't know if they can get him the ball consistently.  Kid played at Gordo last year and moved over to Aliceville.  His brother was the first player Chizik got to commit, but he ended up at Tennessee after some juco nonsense. Izuea Lanier.   

I saw where Lanier is in the DB rotation at UT. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."