Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Will Chiz Have To "Process"?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Will Chiz Have To "Process"?
« on: August 24, 2011, 01:15:44 PM »
I know we love to rip Lord Saybinz for his infamous processing of players, but I'm wondering if The Chin won't have to go through some similar growing pains in the next few years.  The ultimate results of CTT's last two recruiting classes left this year's squad with a grand total of 6 (I may have missed 1 or 2) scholarship seniors.  I understand we're currently well over 50% freshmen or RS Freshmen and I'm pumped like everyone else about what the next few years have in store.  But....are we going to face another year where all the seniors are wiped out and we're back to being the youngest team in D1?

I'm asking for those who know more about teh ways of teh recruits and numbers.  Doesn't it seem logical that the numbers are going to have to be balanced out to a degree in the next 2-3 years or we go through this again?  I would think that's a pretty big part of keeping your program at a consistent level.  I recall years ago when CTT did a good bit of "house cleaning" if you will and turned a number of players loose.  Probably more of a dead weight type issue but do you see Chizik having to thin the herd in coming years?  Is that necessary or not.

Just axin'... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Will Chiz Have To "Process"?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:12:23 PM »
We were at 72 scholarship players, then Auburn gave scholarships to 8 walk-ons.  So, some of those walk-ons aren't going to have their scholarships renewed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 10:48:34 AM »
The Chin would never do that.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:51:08 AM »
The Chin would never do that.  :thumsup:

Consider yourself processed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:00:54 AM »
We prefer the term "Velveeta" - processed Chiz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »
I've been training all my life to become the 3rd string deep snapper.  2012 was going to be my year.  Frick, I just got Velveeta'd. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 12:48:04 PM »
I know we love to rip Lord Saybinz for his infamous processing of players, but I'm wondering if The Chin won't have to go through some similar growing pains in the next few years.  The ultimate results of CTT's last two recruiting classes left this year's squad with a grand total of 6 (I may have missed 1 or 2) scholarship seniors.  I understand we're currently well over 50% freshmen or RS Freshmen and I'm pumped like everyone else about what the next few years have in store.  But....are we going to face another year where all the seniors are wiped out and we're back to being the youngest team in D1?

I'm asking for those who know more about teh ways of teh recruits and numbers.  Doesn't it seem logical that the numbers are going to have to be balanced out to a degree in the next 2-3 years or we go through this again?  I would think that's a pretty big part of keeping your program at a consistent level.  I recall years ago when CTT did a good bit of "house cleaning" if you will and turned a number of players loose.  Probably more of a dead weight type issue but do you see Chizik having to thin the herd in coming years?  Is that necessary or not.

Just axin'...

Impossible.

Tuberville's classes having high attrition is a myth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE