Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Football Saturday's Are Coming. Revisit...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Football Saturday's Are Coming. Revisit...
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2011, 03:55:29 PM »
My next trick is to talk shit to an alligator that is eyeballin' my drink.  :)

Spring trip to Lake Eufaula next year with me and Simp - and I will show you how to do this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2011, 03:59:40 PM »
Spring trip to Lake Eufaula next year with me and Simp - and I will show you how to do this.

You know we would end up in jail, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2011, 02:39:08 AM »
Welp, it has officially started.   I have been in the Elijah Craig 12 for a few hours.  I have the slaw mixed up, and just finished up getting my temps dialed in on two wonderful looking 12 pound butts.   I hate that it's only 35 degrees at my house but it is what it is.

In the morning about 8'ish I am going to put on a 10lb pork tenderloin that is soaking up it's dry rub and will cook it to 170 and slice it up.  Planning on 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch cuts.  I am going to catch a few hours sleep, get up, cook some breakfast consisting of sausage, eggs and toast, stoking the fire and sleeping for another hour or so, before I have to be up for good.

Looking forward to some coffee and burrbinz in a few hours.  :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2011, 12:33:34 PM »
Welp, it has officially started.   I have been in the Elijah Craig 12 for a few hours.  I have the slaw mixed up, and just finished up getting my temps dialed in on two wonderful looking 12 pound butts.   I hate that it's only 35 degrees at my house but it is what it is.

In the morning about 8'ish I am going to put on a 10lb pork tenderloin that is soaking up it's dry rub and will cook it to 170 and slice it up.  Planning on 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch cuts.  I am going to catch a few hours sleep, get up, cook some breakfast consisting of sausage, eggs and toast, stoking the fire and sleeping for another hour or so, before I have to be up for good.

Looking forward to some coffee and burrbinz in a few hours.  :)

Excellent information my friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2011, 11:55:24 AM »
Maybe they call it that because.....wait for it.....they reside in the Low Country perhaps?

Yeah, but get this, Snaggie and AUTiger1, are not in the low country!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2011, 12:08:49 PM »

Sure I am, My neighbors yard and the field behind my home are above my house.  That is why I get there rain run off and it floods my yard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »

I'm in Dothan, which is the extreme southeastern county in the State.  That makes us lower than almost anybody.  Wait....something like that.  I also call it Frogmore Stew.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2011, 12:32:55 PM »
I'm in Dothan, which is the extreme southeastern county in the State.  That makes us lower than almost anybody.  Wait....something like that.  I also call it Frogmore Stew.

Have called it that on more than one occasion.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2011, 12:35:55 PM »

I know Snag is in Dot-han. Yeah, he has issues......BUT, BUT.....

AUT1 is in Ga I believe and many Georgians, especially around Savannah adopt this cuisine and nomenclature due to geographical proximities and culture parallels. Savannah is full of low country and SC culture.

Wait, did I just sound like.....

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:38:15 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2011, 12:44:57 PM »
I know Snag is in Dot-han. Yeah, he has issues......BUT, BUT.....

AUT1 is in Ga I believe and many Georgians, especially around Savannah adopt this cuisine and nomenclature due to geographical proximities and culture parallels. Savannah is full of low country and SC culture.

Wait, did I just sound like.....

AUT1 is not a Jawja boy.  Athens yes.  Jawja no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2011, 12:46:29 PM »
AUT1 is not a Jawja boy.  Athens yes.  Jawja no.

^^This

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2011, 01:46:51 PM »
^^This

I thought you told me you lived near Atlanta...no?

Well, shit. You think you know someone......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2011, 01:52:10 PM »
I thought you told me you lived near Atlanta...no?

Well, shit. You think you know someone......

Nope, I said I live in Athens.  As in close to Huntsville.  Athens AL, you know, God's Athens.  Not the place that is home to a football team I despise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2011, 01:53:56 PM »
Nope, I said I live in Athens.  As in close to Huntsville.  Athens AL, you know, God's Athens.  Not the place that is home to a football team I despise.

No, no - you are def in the better one. No argument there. Ah, what the fuck - you live close enough to SC to call the boil what you very well please. LOW COUNTRY it is!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2011, 03:27:16 PM »
No, no - you are def in the better one. No argument there. Ah, what the fudge - you live close enough to SC to call the boil what you very well please. LOW COUNTRY it is!

Yeah, but I'm from New Market, AL which is east of Huntsville and thus even closer to SC.  I was born and raised in Thomasville, AL in Clarke County which is pretty damn low.  Therefore I win.  It's a boil, type of boil to be determined by the main protein source (crawfish boil, shrimp boil, crab boil, yak boil, emu...)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

chinook

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2011, 05:58:32 PM »
so, how was the grub auTIGER1?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2011, 10:52:25 PM »
He's still full....and drunk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2011, 12:24:22 AM »

Grub turned out great.  Chicken was probably the best I have ever done.  I was honestly pissed b/c it would have placed at any competition that I have ever competed in.  Butts were delicious, but was a little disappointed in the pork tenderloin.  I think I will inject it next time.

He's still full....and drunk.

One out of two ain't bad.  I wish I were still drunk.   :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2011, 12:40:01 AM »
Grub turned out great.  Chicken was probably the best I have ever done.  I was honestly pissed b/c it would have placed at any competition that I have ever competed in.  Butts were delicious, but was a little disappointed in the pork tenderloin.  I think I will inject it next time.

One out of two ain't bad.  I wish I were still drunk.   :sad:

i have never done pork tenderloin well with other things on the smoker unless i was making canadian bacon with it.

next time, i'll rotisserie it on the gasser. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2011, 12:48:06 AM »
i have never done pork tenderloin well with other things on the smoker unless i was making canadian bacon with it.

next time, i'll rotisserie it on the gasser.

All I did was make a rub, lathered it with some spicy mustard as a bonding agent and let it sit in the rub over night.  It was decent, just didn't soak up the rub as much as I thought it would. 

I need to post some recipes before too long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions