Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Football Saturday's Are Coming. Revisit...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Football Saturday's Are Coming. Revisit...
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »
You missed several Auburn series on a bird hunt.  I missed several series because of birds on a shitty grill.

By the way, Yankees are always in season.  Especially ones that interfere with Auburn football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 02:15:04 PM »
Brisket question.  At our Gatah Hatah party in Houston, one lady brought brisket that she had actually cooked in like a dutch oven.  Said she picked up a packaged "brisket sauce" at a store out there and let it simmer on low heat most of the day.  I know that's probably not the traditional way it's cooked and may be sacreligious to some....but that stuff was falling apart and mighty, mighty tasty.  I have little to no experience with brisket but we're talking about doing one like that this weekend.  Any suggestions for a marinade, sauce, cooking on a Weber with coals, dutch oven etc.?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 02:18:42 PM »
Brisket question.  At our Gatah Hatah party in Houston, one lady brought brisket that she had actually cooked in like a dutch oven.  Said she picked up a packaged "brisket sauce" at a store out there and let it simmer on low heat most of the day.  I know that's probably not the traditional way it's cooked and may be sacreligious to some....but that stuff was falling apart and mighty, mighty tasty.  I have little to no experience with brisket but we're talking about doing one like that this weekend.  Any suggestions for a marinade, sauce, cooking on a Weber with coals, dutch oven etc.?

I did one this past summer.  I smoked it for 4 hours and then wrapped it in foil and finished it in a 250 degree oven for 4 hours.  It was pretty tasty and all I did with it was salt and pepper and hickory smoke.  A word or warning though.  I salted the fat cap pretty liberally, while wrapped in foil a lot of the salty fat and juice ran to the bottom of the foil and made the bottom of the brisket much saltier than the rest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 02:35:24 PM »
Hunting trip in South Dakota for pheasants this past weekend.  I was plain drunk Saturday night until we decided pheasants weren't enough and we killed some Wild Turkey too.

Everything was fine until one of those Yankee assholes snuck out with some aluminum foil and wrapped it around the satellite dish causing me to miss about two series of the Auburn Florida game until I figured out what had happened.

Well, did you kill the Yankee son-of-a-bitch? 

I remember drinking a nice bottle of wine one night for dinner and then after that deciding that Wild Turkey shots would be the thing to do.  Pretty sure there is a plant in the entrance of the mens room at the Hilton De Gaulle Airport that didn't make it.   Managed to get up one hour later, get a shower, gather my bags and ride home in a minimum of 9 hours straight turbulence.   :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
Kept it simple Saturday.  Picked up 3 of those already marinated pork tenderloins from Publix along with some hot and regular sausage.  The tenderloins were Lemon Garlic, Honey Mustard and Apple Bourbon.  Got everything grilled up in plenty of time and sliced it all up and put it out to graze on all afternoon.  Mmmmm...pork.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 12:34:52 PM »
This Saturday will be a busy day for me with all the cooking that is going on for the neighborhood/halloween/drunkfest that we will be having........dreading it already in a way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 12:51:33 PM »
This Saturday will be a busy day for me with all the cooking that is going on for the neighborhood/halloween/drunkfest that we will be having........dreading it already in a way.

I'll be loading up some form of BBQ and heading to Teh Planes for some Auburn foosball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 01:11:59 PM »
I'll be loading up some form of BBQ and heading to Teh Planes for some Auburn foosball.

I haven't received a menu for this weekend yet, but if it doesn't come soon, Boston Butts and Yard Birds will be all that I cook. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2011, 12:03:23 PM »
So what's the menu for SDW?

Stupid Drunk Weekend
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2011, 12:21:25 PM »
So what's the menu for SDW?

Stupid Drunk Weekend

We have decided to keep it simple.  Butts and Yard Birds, some Atomic Buffalo Turds with Jalapeño and Banana peppers.  I am making some of my wonderful mustard slaw and the wife is making potato salad.

My neighbor and myself will be in charge of cooking the meat and the neighbors will all be bringing a side.   

Gonna inject and rub the butts and throw them on.  Doing chicken halves so it's not as tedious and more burrbinz can be consumed. 

I am about to make a run to the lickher store for said burrbinz and vodka.   :dance2: 

We were going to go full out and make it an all day event, feed everyone fattie and armadillo eggs for breakfast, smoked sausages on buns for lunch and then have the big feast later that night, but we have decided it's too much trouble and it would cost a lot more.  This year we are going simple. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »
How many folks are you feeding? 

I'm thinking seriously about working up a few racks of baby backs to take to teh Planes Saturday.  Are you going to make any games this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2011, 01:24:32 PM »
How many folks are you feeding? 

I'm thinking seriously about working up a few racks of baby backs to take to teh Planes Saturday.  Are you going to make any games this year?

We expect about 25 adults and 5 to 7 kids that are over 3.  We will feed them some hotdogs though. 

Just got back, two bottles of Makers Mark, two bottles of Eagle Rare, two bottles of Belvedere Vodka, and some Strawberry Daiquiri mixer for teh wimmenz for a grand total of $215.00 

No way I can consume that much, but at least I won't have to make a run for a while.  I still have a bottle of Basil Haydens in the cabinet  along with half a bottle of Makers Mark.  I should be stocked up for a few days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2011, 01:54:37 PM »
We have decided to keep it simple.  Butts and Yard Birds, some Atomic Buffalo Turds with Jalapeño and Banana peppers.  I am making some of my wonderful mustard slaw and the wife is making potato salad.

Please tell me the potato salad is of the yellow variety.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »
Please tell me the potato salad is of the yellow variety.

Is there any other?  At my house it's only comes two ways,  dirty with the skins still on or traditional.  Always yellow.  It's not even an option.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2011, 02:08:41 PM »
You pee on your potato Salad?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2011, 02:13:21 PM »
You pee on your potato Salad?

Duh?  You don't?  Where do you think that hint of vinegar comes from?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2011, 02:24:47 PM »
Duh?  You don't?  Where do you think that hint of vinegar comes from?

Gonna have to try it next time.  Anyone ever tried a "slaw" made with Ramen noodles?  The wife makes it a lot and I know it has the noodles, almond slivers, green onions, sunflower seeds. Probably some other things and she mixes it in what I believe is a vinagerette dressing.  I can eat that stuff by the pound.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2011, 02:27:13 PM »
Gonna have to try it next time.  Anyone ever tried a "slaw" made with Ramen noodles?  The wife makes it a lot and I know it has the noodles, almond slivers, green onions, sunflower seeds. Probably some other things and she mixes it in what I believe is a vinagerette dressing.  I can eat that stuff by the pound.

Yup, and it is delicious.  Not something that I am going to put on a BBQ sandwich, but it is tasty. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 02:29:18 PM »
Yup, and it is delicious.  Not something that I am going to put on a BBQ sandwich, but it is tasty.

We did a huge low country boil at the lake this summer (One of my fav meals) and the wife made a bunch of that slaw.  Before I realized it, I hadn't touched any of the LCB and was on my 3rd big ole plate of the slaw. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2011, 02:44:11 PM »
We did a huge low country boil at the lake this summer (One of my fav meals) and the wife made a bunch of that slaw.  Before I realized it, I hadn't touched any of the LCB and was on my 3rd big ole plate of the slaw.

Love a low country boil........damn!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions