Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Football Saturday's Are Coming. Revisit...

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Football Saturday's Are Coming. Revisit...
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 03:22:30 PM »
I am going to do some steaks tonight as a pre-game meal.  Wonderful Ribeye, how I love thee.

It will just be me and little man tomorrow.  I am going to go get him and me some Micky D's   :sad:  The skirt (thanks nookie for that term) gets back from the wedding she is going to, I am going to grill up some shrimp kakoks, chicken breast, and steak kabobs.  This will really put a damper on my consumption of cold beer and burrbinz.  I will have to hit it extra hard when she gets home to make up for lost time.  :)  Will be doing some ABT's the quick method and some stuffed bell peppers on the grill as well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

chinook

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 03:30:43 PM »
honestly, i've got an option to head up to pdx to join up with the pacific northwest auburn club.  i don't know yet ...the skirt is going to the zac brown band concert tonight.  not sure if she is staying with a friend tonight or heading home.  either way, I've got both kids who will not easy to get up at the crack of dawn to head to pdx.  a little over a 1 1/4 drive to the bar and grill.  plus a 4 year old much less the 6 year old would want to watch the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 03:33:37 PM »
honestly, i've got an option to head up to pdx to join up with the pacific northwest auburn club.  i don't know yet ...the skirt is going to the zac brown band concert tonight.  not sure if she is staying with a friend tonight or heading home.  either way, I've got both kids who will not easy to get up at the crack of dawn to head to pdx.  a little over a 1 1/4 drive to the bar and grill.  plus a 4 year old much less the 6 year old would want to watch the game.

Bless your heart.  Gonna' show my eggnorance here.  What's a pdx?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 03:52:24 PM »
I've got a whole mess( or bushel, or peck, or whatever the correct term might be) of jalapenos from my garden that I need to cook up before they go bad. I planted 6 plants this year so I have plenty!

I've made these 2 weeks in a row so they are getting a bit old:

Stuffed Jalapenos:

Cut the stems off the jalapenos and remove all the seeds

Italian sausage and Jimmy Dean's hot sausage cooked in a skillet with 3 cloves crushed garlic
Mix meat with 1 block of cream cheese and 1 cup sharp cheddar.
Fill the peppers with the mixture.

I have a vertical pepper rack that I throw on the grill or smoker, whichever is in use that day. I personally like the smoked variety a bit better. Some of the peppers are burn-your-ass-the-next-day hot while others are as mild as can be. Just the luck of the draw really.

any suggestions out there for something new?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 03:54:20 PM »
Bless your heart.  Gonna' show my eggnorance here.  What's a pdx?

Wouldn't be the first time.........

Sucks nookie, but it beats chasing a 19 month old boy full of energy and eating a happy meal......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 04:20:58 PM »
Wouldn't be the first time.........

Sucks nookie, but it beats chasing a 19 month old boy full of energy and eating a happy meal......

You just shut up. 

Simple I know, but I have to have a huge veggie tray to graze on with the wings.  Thinking seriously about a little keg for tomorrow.  Hmmm.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 04:29:54 PM »
pdx = portland.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2011, 04:38:16 PM »
pdx = portland.

Ooohh...makes perfect sense.  I live here in dbz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2011, 05:52:58 PM »
Ooohh...makes perfect sense.  I live here in dbz

With so much drama in the dbz
It's hard being the Pimp Sna double G
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 12:26:32 PM »
Wing drama this weekend.  While out in Houston this past weekend, the in laws planned on 5-6 couples coming over with their kids and we'd have a big Auburn party.  Surpising how many Auburn couples were in this one community in Houston.  People were bringing brisket (Which was infrickincredible) and finger foods but I volunteered to be wing man.  I knew I was in foreign territory and out of my comfort zone..plus, I was gonna' be laying down about 100 wings this time.  Aaaannd, I was cooking on gas instead of my coals.  I was anxious...but determined.

Hit the store Saturday morning for the wings and all my spices, sauces etc.  Wound up having to hit 3 different ones to find what I needed.  Again, I was out of my element.  But I was still on schedule.  Decided to marinate half in zesty I talian on some of your recommendations.  Good call, by the way. Hour and a half before game time....time to fire up the grill.  Open it up and....what the F is this shit?  The guts of this piece of shit are rusted out and crumbling.  Fire it up and the best I can get is a way too hot flame shooting up towards the back side of the grill.  The grill itself is rusty and covered in food gunk, probably cooked on there 6 months ago.

Look at my BIL...."Dude...really?".  He's like, "You think I need a new grill?"

Can you get one here in the next 30 minutes?  Frick.  I got the job done and the little bird parts turned out AUsome, but I wound up doing exactly what I swore I would never do again, which is why I just mounted a TV on my back porch by man-pit.  I missed a lot of the first quarter, running in and out of the house, checking the game and turning 100 wings.  When you don't have a home game, you can never be too prepared.  You have to check out your opponents equipment and get comfortable and familiar.  Otherwise, wing drama is eminent.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 02:44:13 PM »
Nice save!

I don't exactly what I am going to cook for this weekend.  Next weekend is our "Annual Hood Fest" where we all get together cook, eat, drink until we pass out and wake up the next morning wondering how the hell we wound up in the right house.   Good times.   I have decided this year that I will not be cooking anything that takes a whole lot of effort.  I need to be able to put the shit on about 4 that morning, have a shot of bourbon with my coffee to get the day started off right.   I do dread the hangover I am going to have.......Jesus it will be bad.

I know that we (read:Mrs. AUT1, I am just there to lift heavy shit) will be having a yard sale in the AM.  Since the game this weekend is at 3:30 it kind of takes away from when and what I want to eat.  Thinking that Ribeye might be in store for Mrs. AUT1 and myself on Saturday. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 03:07:57 PM »
It was Boss' Day Monday and the office staff gave me a cool pack of grilling spices.  One is called "Pork Stank".  I have a feeling there will be a variety of meats on the grill with a veritable plethora of different spices working. 

That's right, I said veritable plethora.

Burrbinz with your coffee?  Whoa!!!  You are a man's man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »
It was Boss' Day Monday and the office staff gave me a cool pack of grilling spices.  One is called "Pork Stank".  I have a feeling there will be a variety of meats on the grill with a veritable plethora of different spices working. 

That's right, I said veritable plethora.

Burrbinz with your coffee?  Whoa!!!  You are a man's man.

You damn right Burrbinz with my coffee.  It is delicious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 03:55:04 PM »
You damn right Burrbinz with my coffee.  It is delicious.

You like Burrbinz and coffee.  I like burrbinz and coke product.  To each his own.

Didn't you guys just recently do one of those neighborhood cook/drunkfests?  Or was that something else?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2011, 04:12:09 PM »
You like Burrbinz and coffee.  I like burrbinz and coke product.  To each his own.

Didn't you guys just recently do one of those neighborhood cook/drunkfests?  Or was that something else?

We do about 6 cookout/drunkfest a year.  5 of those start out small and then someone will ask "what are you doing this weekend?" "Oh, you know cooking out and drinking, you want to come over?" "Sure"...........

We did a fooseball drunk fest that started out as my household and his household (4 adults and 2 kiddos) that turned into a full fledged, "I am going to invite neighbors and co-workers".  It kinda pissed me off, he was going to do a couple of slabs of ribs and I was going to do some chicken and that was it.  It wound up being an all night Friday night and all day Saturday cook.   So I got stupid drunk both nights.

I don't mind a little bourbon in my coffee, not more than one cup.  It's just a little pick me up for getting up at 4 AM. I will go back to bed for a couple of hours, then get up when the kid gets up and start sipping a little all day until I am drunk as hell by the time we are ready to eat.  Eat some, sober up a little, and then pound the bottle until I am ready to pass out.   This is one of the few times a year that I get a free pass for getting just stupid drunk and get away with it.  Most of the time I hear bitching or I just get plain drunk.  If that makes sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2011, 04:19:54 PM »
Oh there's a definite difference in plain drunk and stupid drunk.  I'm very familiar with both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2011, 04:24:43 PM »
Oh there's a definite difference in plain drunk and stupid drunk.  I'm very familiar with both.

Me to, one I can still have a decent conversation, I may not remember all the details, like I am going go shopping with her and take her to dinner, but I can remember some of it.  The other, I can't even tell you my name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2011, 04:33:12 PM »
We do about 6 cookout/drunkfest a year.  5 of those start out small and then someone will ask "what are you doing this weekend?" "Oh, you know cooking out and drinking, you want to come over?" "Sure"...........

We did a fooseball drunk fest that started out as my household and his household (4 adults and 2 kiddos) that turned into a full fledged, "I am going to invite neighbors and co-workers".  It kinda pissed me off, he was going to do a couple of slabs of ribs and I was going to do some chicken and that was it.  It wound up being an all night Friday night and all day Saturday cook.   So I got stupid drunk both nights.

I don't mind a little bourbon in my coffee, not more than one cup.  It's just a little pick me up for getting up at 4 AM. I will go back to bed for a couple of hours, then get up when the kid gets up and start sipping a little all day until I am drunk as hell by the time we are ready to eat.  Eat some, sober up a little, and then pound the bottle until I am ready to pass out.   This is one of the few times a year that I get a free pass for getting just stupid drunk and get away with it.  Most of the time I hear bitching or I just get plain drunk.  If that makes sense.

I'm going to have to make a trip to Huntsvegas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »
I'm going to have to make a trip to Huntsvegas.

Actually all you need to do is come up 65 exit in Athens, go west about 10 miles and you will be there.  (Clements out in the county).  You would be more than welcome. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 01:15:04 PM »

Hunting trip in South Dakota for pheasants this past weekend.  I was plain drunk Saturday night until we decided pheasants weren't enough and we killed some Wild Turkey too.

Everything was fine until one of those Yankee assholes snuck out with some aluminum foil and wrapped it around the satellite dish causing me to miss about two series of the Auburn Florida game until I figured out what had happened.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.