Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Melvin Ray

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Melvin Ray
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:36:44 PM »
29-year old former baseball player and one-time four-star wide receiver Melvin Ray who originally committed to Ray Perkins and Alabama has enrolled at Auburn.  Ray gave up baseball this season.

Ray will sit out the 2011 season but will still have four years left to play. 

In related news, Ray's 14-year old son is a freshman linebacker prospect and could possibly join his father on the 2016 Tiger team. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Melvin Ray
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:11:58 PM »
Kind of weird but interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 11:29:17 PM »
Um...what? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 12:07:15 AM »
He's seriously like 23 or something. 

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/07/former_tide_signee_melvin_ray.html

Ray, now 21 years old, has left the Los Angeles Dodgers' organization after spending the past three seasons in the minor leagues. He returned home to Tallahassee, Fla., this weekend and is taking steps to join Alabama's 2011 signing class and possibly enroll in time for practice next spring.
"My heart is still with (Alabama) because I signed with them," Ray said. "I wouldn't have made that commitment for no reason. I want to play. I want to play with Alabama no matter what.
"I'm in the process of getting in contact with (defensive coordinator) Kirby (Smart) and (head coach Nick) Saban right now. I've got to figure out what's next. Everything has happened so fast over the last couple of days."

Guess he had a heart transplant. 

He went to juco in Florida for a year and at one point was going to join the FSU staff.  Here was how "Roll Bama Roll" justified that:

Hard to say what caused this one to end like it did, but I'll speculate and point out that Ray is a Tallahassee native, so it probably was mainly due to the fact that FSU would be cheaper (in-state tuition) and it's closer to home. It probably also doesn't hurt things that the FSU program has a much brighter future now with Jimbo Fisher in charge than it did with an aging Bobby Bowden three years ago. One way or the other, best of luck to Ray in Tallahassee. I'd have been nice to have him in crimson and white, but we're not exactly starving for raw talent at the receiver position anyway, and it's hard to miss something you never really had in the first place.

He's enrolled at Auburn and is walking on. 

Guess it's a good thing that the in-state tuition at Auburn helps and that the future is brighter on the Plains than it is where a fucking psycho remains as coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 07:44:47 AM »
He's seriously like 23 or something. 

Guess he had a heart transplant. 

He went to juco in Florida for a year and at one point was going to join the FSU staff.  Here was how "Roll Bama Roll" justified that:

He's enrolled at Auburn and is walking on. 

Guess it's a good thing that the in-state tuition at Auburn helps and that the future is brighter on the Plains than it is where a fucking psycho remains as coach. 
LMAO!!! This Auburn Coaching staff is retroactively taking recruits away from Coach belittle.

4 Star Prospect coming outta HS....Lemme guess, uat will pull his scholarship check mark from four years ago.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Melvin-Ray-58067;_ylt=Arm9I27rsU7ciqZHdLHSRu05rJB4
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 07:55:10 AM »
Here's to hoping we have another Ronney Daniels
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:30 AM »
Do you guys not listen to the Auburn show on Tuesdays?  They talked about him there and that's exactly what Rob said. 

"Reminds him of Ronney Daniels..."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 09:24:18 AM »
Melvin reminds me of that Ronnie Daniels guy...anyone remember him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 09:30:48 AM »
Wouldn't it be cool if we got a Ronney Daniels type receiver? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »
Wouldn't it be cool if we got a Ronney Daniels type receiver?

Better question is do we have a Ben Leard type quarterback.

Historically AU has had some immobile, limp armed guys back there.  Good thing we're RBU and not QBU we'd be in trouble. 

Cobb, Leard, Todd... they were all the same guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 10:27:50 AM »
Do you guys not listen to the Auburn show on Tuesdays?  They talked about him there and that's exactly what Rob said. 

"Reminds him of Ronney Daniels..."

I'm not familiar with the format.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 11:15:48 AM »
I'm not familiar with the format.

Just reach out and turn the dial to that station.  That format is money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 01:33:55 PM »
Better question is do we have a Ben Leard type quarterback.

Historically AU has had some immobile, limp armed guys back there.  Good thing we're RBU and not QBU we'd be in trouble. 

Cobb, Leard, Todd... they were all the same guy.

FUCK YOU!

Signed,

Ben and Chris.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 01:47:31 PM »
Is this guy anything like Ronney Daniels?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 07:42:02 PM »
I can't believe this guy does not remind anyone of Ronny Daniels.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions